zeynep

s'agapo giati ise orea

30 posts in this topic

Has Dalaras ever sing "s'agapo giati ise orea"? Is it possible to find the song in any of his albums?

It is a beautiful song, Haris Alexiou performed a magnificient version of the song in her istanbul concert.

Zeynep, he has sung it lots of times at concerts, and I have it on video on two different concerts, one that he sings with Parios and the other with Goran Bregovic.

I have heard him sing it with the Ossipov Orchestra here in Cyprus live as well.  But I don't know if it is on any CD, not on any I have anyway.  Maybe someone else knows.

Must have been good sung by Haris Alexiou as well.

Dalaras, has last sung this song with Ossipov Orchestra in 30/6/2001. I have it on video. He is great. He has never included this song in his albums! Did you know, that this song was kind of forgotten and Dalaras sung it in a concert many years ago and reminded it to everyone?Since then we've heard hundreds of singers to sing this song!!!!

He first sang in a tv show called something like (I laiki mas paradosi). The host of the was was Aristeidis Mosxos and it was airing on YENED

Afto na mou peis Dimitri!Oute kan avrio!METHAVRIO!!Swstos o Dimitris!

It seems that I'll never have the chance of hearing "s'agapo giati ise orea" by Dalaras. (unless he'll come to Turkey for a concert). very sad.

I really wanted to hear it from him.

Can one of you please give the credits of the song (lyrics,music).

(other than Dalaras of course) who else sings the song best?

I have one album where Petros Gaetanos performing, it is good I think.

Zeynep, there is an interpretation of this song by Giannis Parios, on his record "Pio kali i monaksia" (1984).

Concerning composer and lyrics-writer it is one of the songs for which you will find different information in different sources. (I will have to take a look at the record of Parios what is written there.) If I remember correctly, for example somewhere (not on the Parios-record) I have seen the name of Aristidis Mosxos as composer and lyricist.

You are right Michael. It is the #12 song.

But it is there simply called S'agapw so you do not immediately recognise it when looking for it.

Odyseus, as you have the record obviously in front of you: Can you tell us the name written under the title? (As far as I remember it is only one person [= lyrics and composer the same one]).

The lyrics of this song were once published in the greek german magazin 'Chronika' and there they also say music and lyrics by Aristidis Moschos.

Anna, by reading your posting I remembered another interpretation of the song:

Alkisti Protopsalti on her record "Paradehtika".

And here they write also: "Lyrics, Music: Aristidis Moshos".

In contrary, on the record of Parios there is the name of Vangelis Konitopoulos as composer and lyricist.

So this seems to be one of the songs where it is difficult to clarify who has written it. I assume that melody and lyrics are traditional and both Moshos and Konitopoulos only arranged the song and therefore they are mentioned wrongly as author. (But maybe that this my assumption is not correct.)

'paradosiako'

this is what they write in the program of the concert Dalaras and Ossipov Russian orchestra.

Yes, this seems to me the most probable ("paradosiako / traditional" ).

The problem that on the cover of the records they made no clear distinction between author and the person who made the arrangement (of music and/or lyrics) you can find also in connection with a lot of other songs. (For example in connection with many songs from Indish films which were "arranged" by Greeks for the Greek listeners in the 1960-ies. A very interesting phenomenon [and in most of the cases very nice to hear] but of course also worth a discussion about authenticity and the legitimacy of such radical modifications of a certain type of music.)

Anyway, I think we have the solution!

I just looked at the booklet of the album with Petros Gaitanos which Zeynep mentioned in his posting (Title: "Ageras, erwtas, armyra" - an album with "PARADOSIAKA tragoudia Mikras Asias, Polis, ..." ). Here they write:

"Σ αγαπώ γιατί είσαι ωραία

(Καντάδα) Μικρά Ασία

Προϊόν των μουσικών συντεχνιών της Σμύρνης. Πρώτη που το τραγούδησε είναι η Μαριάννα Χατζοπούλου την περίοδο 1963-64"

[sorry, I am too lazy now to translate it in English - perhaps some other member will help ;).]

(I could not trace back the Parios cover)

The info on Protopsalti is correct. It is the number #09 song on a Polygram CD from 1991. At the front cover you see Mousikh Goran Bregovic and Stixoi: Lina Nikolakopoulou. But for the particular song indeed Aristides Mosxos is mentioned.

This Protopsalti version sounds more oriental than the one by Parios.

The title is again only "S'agapw" so you have to find out by listening if it is "S'agapw giati eisai wraia"

I guess the category is MikroAsiatiki if you may call it that way

While I was looking for details on this song.

I scanned all my Ntalaras music and found many  songs titled Σ' αγαπω but not the one Anna is looking for with the extension "Γιατι εισαι ωραια" i did not find. Only Parios and Prwtopsalth versions.

You have to find somebody who had a vcr back in the 80s. They must have recorded a tv show called "Η λαική μας παράδοση" with Aristeidis Moshos. That is where he sang it for the first time, and then in some other tv shows.

To further complete this topic I add the lyrics of the song.

It happens not very often but in this case it is almost possible to listen and write it down. But nevertheless;

ΣΑΓΑΠΩ ΓΙΑΤΙ ΕΙΣΑΙ ΩΡΑΙΑ

Σαγαπω, σαγαπω γιατι εισαι ωραια

Σαγαπω γιατι εισαι ωραια

Σαγαπω γιατι εισαι εσυ

Αγαπω, αγαπω κι ολο τον κοσμο

Αγαπω κι ολο τον κοσμο

Γιατι ζεις και εσυ μαζι

Το παρα-, το παραθυρο κλεισμενο

Το παραθυρο κλεισμενο

Το παραθυρο κλειστο

Ανοιξε, ανοιξε το ενα φυλλο

Ανοιξε το ενα φυλλο

Την εικονα σου να δω

The square are '

Way back the request was: Who wrote the lyrics of "S'agapw giati eisai wraia". (Σ'αγαπω γιατι εισαι ωραια).

Michael thought I had the CD allready in my hands but I could not find it at that moment.

Here it comes: The Back COVER of

"Pio kalh h monaksia" (Πιο καλη η μοναξια)

post-57655-Parios___Pio_kalh_h_monaksia_

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead