Odyseus3

Χαρις Αλεξιου

103 posts in this topic

An artist that can be talked about in one sentence with Dalaras certainly is Haris Alexiou, (as you seem to spell it in ISO-greek). I know her from her first albums: "12 Laika tragoudia" with "Dimitroula mou" etc which is from 1975.

But allready on the CD Mikra Asia, in 1972, she had an album together with Dalaras.

Good albums too are "Alexiou-2", "23 tragoudia"and "Ta Tsilika" as far as older works are concerned

I would just like to add a wonderful one:

"Laikes Kyriakes" (1976) with 12 marvellous songs by Stavros Kougioumtzis!

I agree and really like her a lot.  Apart from having a powerfull voice when needed she also sings with passion and feeling.  Plus plays guitar and writes music too - so talented - makes me feel useless, all I can do is listen!!!!

Have you heard her new CDS especially "Whispers" or "Psithiroi".  I particularly like her version of "Mikri Patrida" (which is one of my Dalaras favorites) and also "Mn ton Rotas ton Ourano"  This CD is beautifully put together and when the mood is slow and gentle this is great to listen too.

To exw to cd "Psithiroi" kai mou aresei para poly. Auta ta tragoudia pou eipes mou aresoun kai mena poly opws kai to "Patwma" kai to "Agriolouloudo". Elpizw na kanei kai o Ntalaras ena CD se auto to styl me tragoudia h dika tou h kai allwn.

Finally it seems that an equivalent of Ntalaras is found, Female AND Greek:Χαρις Αλεξιου

(I apologise for a spelling error at the heading of this )

Dear Members,

My favourite female singer is Xaris Alexiou. Indeed she has the same quality as Dalaras. I have seen her a couple of times in concerts, for example when she is singing Theos an einai a cappela is marvelous.

Would it be nice if they make a cd together???

Henk

It would be great but they will probably not do it in the future. The pity is that they sang together for so many years and they didn't do it already.

Sarantis,

Fevgo is one of my favorites too - I have it sung by Yiannis Vardis on video with Dalaras in Iera Odos and he sings it well too, but not as good as Haris Alexiou.  Didn't she write the lyrics?

Sarantis,

The lyrics were written by Haris Alexiou - I've just looked it up on my CD, as Antonis Vardis doesn't write lyrics, but he writes good music.  I like his style and his son is good too.  Is his mother Greek American or just moved there?

I agree with you all that Haris Alexiou (in ISO-Greek as Odyseus 3 says) is a great singer - my faourite CD is "Whispers". However there is another Greek female singer that I had the big luck to see and listen to: ALKISTIS PROTOPSALTI.For me she is the best. Her passion, wonderful voice and verve reminds me of another great singer, Amalia Rodrigues. Is there anybody sharing my opinion?

IRINA

Certainly true, Protopsalth (born in Alexandreia, Egypt) is a good artist too.

We referred to her in an other item about the song "S'agapw giati eisai wraia" that appeared on the CD "Paradehtika"

In my PC I however have as well "Protopsalth tragoudaei Elyti" but I have no clues about the date. of issue nor if I have it Complete with 10 songs

Odyseus, I'm listening right now to Alkistis singing Elytis' poems  (on CD: 1996 year Polygram Records. Title: "Prosanatolismi" -forgive my iso-greek-). It's wonderful! Irina

As for Antonis Vardis, I read that he would do an album with Dalaras in 2000 but they postponed it for later. This is really interesting as I also believe that Antonis Vardis composes very nice music. Let's see...

Me too!

just had Vardis recently recorded the new music for

Yiannis Parios.

And Alkis Alkaous with Marios Tokas last recorded a cd with Mitropanos maybe they will still do one with Dalaras too.

Just borrowed my first Αλεξιου CD (her greatest hits).

Even at a time like this - or perhaps especially...

What a voice. What a singer, what a voice.

I went to see Haris Alexiou last friday evening and she was amazing - my God - what a voice!!!!!

She sang for nearly three hours with a short break, and she had the audience eating out of her hands.  She has incredible charisma on stage and I believe she also sounds better live than on CD like Dalaras.  Her range is superb and her personality great - she talked a lot to the audience even telling the people at the sides of the amphitheathre to come and sit down in front of the stage, which was great.  

I was dead lucky and got front row seats (through a fluke) and I must admit that it was one of the best concerts I have ever seen.  Anyone else see her in her recent tour in Greece?

So now next week Dalaras, thank goodness there is something to look forward too, without this life would be even grimer!!!!! and my CD has broken at home!!!!