Odyseus3

Χαρις Αλεξιου

103 posts in this topic

Well, Alexiou is the greatest. I saw here only once in concert some years ago in Brussels. I took my sister and her two sons with me. I've never heard them say nothing, but at that concert, I didn't hear a word out of their mouths.

The concert was in the 'Koninlijk Circus', a place where the audience seats are going up very steep. And I forgot my fear of hights !

Micki

Sarantis,

I know the guitar as he used it in London when I saw him in May.  I'm sure he will use it and I will let you know don't worry!!!!

Hey I'm now a Dalaras Researcher!!!!!!  Wow!  

:)

Hey Sarantiis,

Could it be the guitar,you presented him as a gift? :wow: A really very beautiful one...

S Gursu

Last staturday week I saw Alexiou live for the first time (with Λαυρεντης Μαχαιριτσας into the bargain), and I must say, as a concert experience, she's second only to Dalaras.

I don't know how to describe (much less define) this quality that some artists have: when they are on stage, they are so "right", they acquire a sort of "authority", so that you believe everything they sing, so that they convince you, take you anywhere they like... Dalaras has it more than anyone else. And Alexiou has her share.

But the reason I dug up this topic, is because of a question someone asked me - and I forgot who :D:) I'm sorry but I got brain-overload there in Athens, can you please forgive me?

It was about the song "το μπλοκο της Καισαριανής". We heard someone else sing it, and I said I knew it by Alexiou, and you were surprised that she had sung that. But it's really there, on " 24 τραγούδια" (brilliant record, that).

Ποιόνε να κλάψω πρώτονε

ποίο να τραγουδήσω πρώτονε

στο μπλόκο στην Καισαριανή

που γίνηκε μια Κύριακί, που γίνηκε μια Κύριακί

πρωί με τη δροσούλα...

and thanks for making me dig out this record once more :D

I do believe, Geeske, that this record is one of the best records ever released with Greek music on it. To be more accurate, let me say that I would put it on a list of the 50 or 100 best Greek CDs.

Alexiou, Protopsalti, Galani, Arvanitaki ------ TOP.

Don't forget Farantouri, Bellou, Eskenazi, Haskil, Vempo, Grey, Lidia, Marinella, Glykeria, Kana, Mariza Koch and so many others...

Greece has plenty of extremely good singers, more than any other country!

But among the living ones, Alexiou seems to be one of the best, my favorite one anyway, although I think that Farantouri does some more creative work.

It's very useful to have a few extremely good artists in a given musical culture.

Dalaras especially has this gift, that someone who sings, or plays, with him, sings (or plays) better than usual, better than expected, better than ever - is lifted above him/herself, as it were. Don't tell me it's because Dalaras is demanding (he is, but that's not relevant): it's because he is inspiring...

But it's also very important to have many artists. They may not be geniusses, let them be just good, or very good, and form a community (even it they have rows all the time): all artists need company AND competition. And in Greece they have it (and in my country they don't).

p.s. Francois, you forgot Eleni Vitali.

p.s. Francois, you forgot Eleni Vitali.

How could I be so forgetful, Geeske! Thanks a lot for reminding me of that very good singer... The thought of one of her songs (in the CD "Den perissevei ypomoni") is making me shiver at this very moment!

By the way, does anyone have the song of Thomas Bakalakos in which Alexiou sings "Na dwseis dyo filakia sti myriokalli"... ??? I can't find it anywhere, and it's such a beautiful song!

Back on topic...

I think I just heard the radio announce a new live recording of Alexiou, with stuff from Keramikos. Can anyone confirm or belie this?

Dear friends

A few years ago a Greek friend offered me a CD of Haris Alexiou.

I never thought that it was so good.

She is a great singer with a wonderful voice and a great lady.

It is amazing the amount of good artists from Greece,...wonderful voices and wonderful compositors!

As much as i get to know from Greek music, the more i love it!

Polla filakia

Susana

polli megali tragoudistria alla san atomo den ti simpathw idietera...thimamai pws prin 4-5 xronia itan na sinergasti se sinavliaki mousiki skini,alla den dextike giati den ithele na einai to deftero onoma sti markiza...eipame megali tragoudistria alla otan exeis na kaneis me enan filo,me enan tragoudisti pou exei poulisei stin ellada 10.000.000 albums...nomizw oti ekei kaneis paso...etsi den einai?