Geske

Κωνσταντίνος Καβάφης

37 posts in this topic

Excuse me, should we not try and keep this forum as readable for everyone, as we can; meaning, in English or Greek? I don't mean the odd sentence or joke here and there, I mean longer posts.

Btw, DimistrisK, you're giving me a hard time with your posts. It takes me hours to decipher them and I usually get only about half the meaning. But they are often interesting, and thankfully short, so I keep trying... and learning a little more Greek every time :). If only you could write them in Greek letters, that would really help (I'm wishing, not asking!).

It is pretty difficult to give information about Dutch Books in Greek or English. But the messages contain INFORMATION.

There can never be a reason to end a topic as long as there are contributions to it.

However Members must realise that their contribution preferably adds INFORMATION.

Only "OK" or "TOP" or "yes I agree" is NON-Information which takes a lot of time to go to the end of a topic to find out that it is of no value. Moreover this ISO-Greek is difficult to encode and therefore hard to read as well

Geeske,

I agree that we should try to communicate as much as possible in a language and way that everybody understands. I only did this one in Dutch because it concerned only Dutch printed books.

I'll be a good girl from now ... (joke)

Micki

I dug up this ancient topic because my daily paper had a nice idea: they asked their readers to tell them their "favorite place to travel to on holiday, and what book to read there". The editor was rather overwhelmed by the mountain of passionate reactions they got...

Here is the one by Anne Janmaat, that I would like to share with you:

"Voor altijd en overal onderweg: het gedicht Ithaka van C.P. Cavafy. Voor als alles tegenzit of als je het om een of andere reden even niet meer ziet zitten. Omdat Cavafy je laat stilstaan bij wat 'reizen' is. Niet alleen de bestemming telt. "

Translation:

"Voor ever and everywhere: the poem Ithaki, by C.P. Kavafis. For when everything goes against you, of when you can't see your way anymore for one reason or another. Because Kavafis makes you stop and think about what "traveling" is. It is not only the destination that counts. "

Anyone who wants to know more about Kosntantinos Kavafis, and more Greek poets, can click on the following link. http://greece.poetryinternational.org/cwolk/view/17923

I just found it. The particular link is in English, but you can find it in other languages, such as Spanish, as well.http://webpages.ull.es/users/amarfer/enlaces.html#kav

It's very enlightening, believe me!!

And, my point of view about Kavafis: one of our Greatest poets!!! For those who don't know his work, it really worths reading his poems!!!

"San vgis ston pigemo gia tin Ithaki, na efxesai na einai makris o dromos"

Kiedy się wybierzesz w podróż do Itaki,

życz sobie, żeby długa była,

pełna przygód, pełna doświadczeń.

Lajstrygonów, Cyklopów, gniewnego Posejdona

nie obawiaj się. Nic takiego

na swojej drodze nie spotkasz, jeżeli

twoje myśli są wysokie i jeśli tylko wyborne

emocje dotykają twego ducha i ciała.

Na Lajstrygonów, na Cyklopów,

na gniew Posejdona nigdy się nie natkniesz,

jeżeli ich nie niesiesz wewnątrz, w swojej duszy,

jeśli twa dusza nie postawi ich przed tobą......

This is the beginning, in my language, and from a book Giorgos Dalaras signed after his concert in Frankfurt, 11.10.2001 - this concert was the origin of this topic.

Με την "Ομάδα Καβάφης" της Άνω Σύρου και συνθέσεις των Μάνου Χατζιδάκι, Δήμου Μούτση, Ευανθίας Ρεμπούτσικα, Θάνου Μικρούτσικου, Δημήτρη Παπαδημητρίου, Σωκράτη Μάλαμα, Χρήστου Νικολόπουλου και Μπάμπη Κουλούρα...

Κ.Π.Καβάφης - «Απ’ έξω και τραγουδιστά» στο Μέγαρο Μουσικής Θεσσαλονίκης (20/9)

Υπογράφει: Θανάσης Γιώγλου
18/09/2013

http://www.ogdoo.gr/portal/index.php?option=ozo_content&perform=view&id=7840&Itemid=134

1 person likes this

Ομολογώ πως πριν παρακολουθήσω την παράσταση, ήμουν πολύ επιφυλακτικός για το τι θα δω και θα ακούσω. Φοβόμουν ότι πρόκειται για κάτι πολύ «βαρύ»...Έφυγα όμως με τις καλύτερες εντυπώσεις…

Κ.Π. Καβάφης - «Απ ’έξω και τραγουδιστά» στο Μέγαρο Μουσικής Θεσσαλονίκης (ΗΜΑΣΤΑΝ ΕΚΕΙ!)

Υπογράφει: Θανάσης Γιώγλου

23/09/2013 

https://www.ogdoo.gr/epikairotita/eimastan-ekei/k-p-kabafis-ap-ekso-kai-tragoydista-sto

3 people like this

Άλλη μια ιδιαίτερη, καινούργια δουλειά, που μας έρχεται από τη Σύρο...
Μια εργασία που δικαιολογημένα, θεωρήθηκε από πνευματικούς ανθρώπους και μελετητές του Καβάφη, ως μια από τις πιο ολοκληρωμένες προσεγγίσεις στο έργο του ποιητή…

Ο Μπ. Κουλούρας και η «Ομάδα Καβάφης» παρουσιάζουν: «Απέξω και τραγουδιστά»

14/08/2019
ΣΥΝΤΑΚΤΗΣ

Θανάσης Γιώγλου

https://www.ogdoo.gr/diskografia/nees-kyklofories/o-bampis-kouloyras-kai-i-omada-kavafis-parousiazoun-ton-poiiti-apekso-kai-tragoudista

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead