Andreas

Artists with which we would like to see Dalaras cooperate

81 posts in this topic

I would very much like to see what an unholy alliance between Dalaras and Thanassis Papakonstantinou would yield.

Very much.

Can't some of you guys who know him give him some discreet proposals? :)?

I don't know this particular Papakonstantinou, but if it's unholy, I'm all for it :)

The topic reminded me: I read somewhere that Dalaras has at some point been on stage with Springsteen. As Bruce has a very long-established place in my heart, I would like to know: is there anything recorded / published of this encounter?

Then I have to wish for a time machine.

I would have loved to hear (and see!!) Dalaras and Springsteen together, but not now.

Dalaras has build up his voice over the years, getting better and better, while Springsteen has used up his till there is now very little left. Ouch.

And Freddy Mercury is dead so that won't work either.

Andreas

I don't know who Thanasis Papakonstantino is but I think you referring to Rock Artist Vasillis Papakonstantio?

What did you mean by forming an unholy alliance with him?  Dalaras & Papakonstantino as far as I've been told are good freinds and get along with each other.  

If you have ever had the chance to see the Live Video from Attikon they did together you would see that the two of them indeed  form a very good alliance.

Christo

It is not Vasilis but Thanasis, he is another person who composes songs, and is a very nice composer.

I would like to see Dalaras come together with Yianni and do something special for the opening ceremony of the olympic games..with Yiannis orchestration and a huge orchestra behind Dalaras.Dalaras adding his flavor and accoutic guitar...I think this would be magical for an incredible opening ceremony......Both are National treasures of Greece with international fame..  

At the risk of offending a lot of people I will say that I think the modern Olympic Games are a sick-making commercial circus and that Dalaras is FAR too good for them!!!

But I'm too weak-minded to object if he does the ceremony because then I will get to see him on TV!!!

And lots of other people too might discover what they missed all these years.

Geeske, first wait to see these Olympics and then...say whatever you want!

As for Yanni, it will be a shame for Greece, a country that has Mikis Theodorakis alive to use Yanni or maybe Papathanasiou for the opening of the games. This will really be UNHOLY :)

Geeske, I agree fully with your first sentence!

Nikolas, in some way I agree with your second sentence! (I say "in some way"  because Geeske's first sentence to my mind has absolute "priority" :).)

Geeske

I must say I disagree with you in that I'm hopng extremelt taht Dalaras will participate a live concert setting at the Olympics either on opening night or the for the finale.

My wish would be for everyone to see him live in  the duration from those ceremonies.  And hopefully I will get to obtain tickets to witness such a once in a lifetime grand event.

Tell us Geeske, How and when was it that you first came upon the music of Dalaras.  It sounds like you've been a fan of his just like us for a very long time.

Sarandis, I agree with you wholeheartedly.  It would be a tremendous and spectacular effort if Yannis orchestra could compose some new songsfor Dalaras to sing and Yanni to play together perhaps at the closing night.  

This indeed would be magical moment in time!

Let me just say that about the only thing in the world I can think that would induce me to watch the opening or finale of the Olympic Games, would be Dalaras' participation.

I'm not sure I know Yanni, but I know I can't of anything I'd like better than some new Theodorakis songs!!  He is a great man.

Shouldn't there be a female vocalist in this as well? Who would you pick?

Christo, about how I became a Dalaras fan - see the new topic! It's funny you should ask, on my way over I was thinking of asking you guys the same question.

I agree with yoy Niclas, it should most definitely be Theodarakis for the Olympics.

Tell me has Dalaas ever sung with Demetris Mitropanos, as I really like his voice and having seen him live a couple of times find him an amazing performer?

I agree with Lynn. I would love to see George with Mitropanos. As far as Haris Alexiou is concerned, I think it won't happen easily, most of us know or have realized that there is something going on there for some years now. You got me thinking again though. I will try to open my narrow minded self (who wants George up there gor three hours at least) and suggest some interesting possibilities.

S

Soc,

what did you mean in your last reply?

Are you trying to tell us that there is a conflict between Dalaras and Alexiou.  

If you recall, A few years back  didn't they play together in front of the parliament  in order to honor Greece for winning the votes to host the Olympics?  

I have the same feeling as Soc.

In the concert you mention, Christo, they never appeared together on stage.

Hey Nikolas

Can you elaborate on this a little please.

From your posting way back on the previous site,

You were the first one who annouced to us that Dalaras/ Alexiou were going to perfoom on stage to honor the winning celebration. I don't remember the name of the place but it started with a z

What are you trying to tell us now? That they are no longer friends and have got into some kind of dispute wht one another?  How on earth did this happen and why?

Soc

Den mas ipes akomi, Yiati Tsakothikane

O' Ntalaras kai H' Alexiou?  

Yia pes mas!

Mi mas kanis na peremoune allo

se parakalo.

Christaki (opos tha se fonaze kai o Giorgos apo ti skini),

I don't now why. I have the feeling after listening to some interviews that they have. I also got the feeling that he is sorry for that. The fact that they appeared together after that is probably because they are both professionals and the cause was worth it. I have noticed that Haris Alexiou has even stopped mentioning his name in her interviews. The one in melodia.gr some months ago was very interesting. The interviewer (Odysseas Ioannou) pushed her to reveal something to that direction but she didn't. I had the feeling she was referring to George though. I don't know anything else. A long time ago I stopped being interested in gossips because I felt I was missing the essence. And that is his music. Considering myself a huuuuuuge fan I want in a way to respect his wishes and leave his personal life alone. It 's very hard to do that (did I mention that I am a huuuuuuge fan?) but the music is what makes my heart race. However, if I find out something new about this I will share with the club.

If this is the case then I think it is a great shame as they always perfomed so well together in the past.

But then we all have had bust ups with friends at one time or another.

I hope they can get over this and we will see once more together.

Socrates, you wise man, I'm with you all the way: we, as fans, ought to leave Dalaras' personal life severely alone. He wants to tell us - he does. He doesn't want to tell us - ours not to ask! Gossip turns my stomach.

"If you love somebody, set them free" - one very good song by Sting.

But we still haven't picked a woman vocalist to "do" the Olympics with him.

Suggestions?

Saranti, your suggestion is a joke or are you serious? Anyway it shows an interesting aspect: How much should/must an artist keep a distance to his roots and his identity (in his own repertoire and/or in his cooperations with other artists) in order to gain worldwide popularity? - This problem is one of the main reasons why I do not like at all the idea that Dalaras or any other  famous Greek artist would appear at the Olympic Games (with exception perhaps Theodorakis who anyway is already Greek and an international person and artist and politician etc.etc.)

(Edited by Michael at 12:31 am on Aug. 2, 2001)

No im not joking..Are you saying that Nana Mousxouri is not Greek or she does not perform in Greek.Last time i checked she had a huge succesfull album live from Greece singing in greek.Some of the greatest classics..She is greek with international fame.She is very respected in Greece and all over the world..So, no im not joking!!! Are you?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead