Andreas

Artists with which we would like to see Dalaras cooperate

81 posts in this topic

Someone mentionned Maria Farantouri in connection with Theodorakis in another thread. She's done a lot with him, hasn't she? And she's quite famous?

Please forgive me if I'm suggesting something really stupid here, 'cause I've never heard her so I don't know what I'm talking about, but - if we pick Theodorakis for the Olympic composer, how about Farantouri to sing with Dalaras?

Geeske

I know she is very good

and Dalaras certainly thinks highly of her

But I for one cannot stand her. Almost as bad as Galani and Mouskouri put together.  Yuck!

But then who am I to say wrong?  Only a mere preference.

Please no not Maria Farantouri, I can't stand her voice either, although I have seen her live years ago.

I think we will have to let Dalaras decide himself as all of us will never agree!!!!

What are you doing guys bringing up the bottom of the barrel in Greek music...Anna Vissi,Garbi and Vandi....all disco queen want to bees....Can we talk about some real female greek singers, please!!!!

Chris, sorry i did not mean to step on your "John Travolta toes"...I forget that somewhere in your closet you still have those white poleyester suits and shirts with the long collars....Oh i forgot the leather jackets.....Chris,please let disco die!!!! I know that Vissi,Garbi and Vandi want to keep it alive ,but always remember ,DISCO SUCKS!!!!  By the way did you notice that Anna Vissi's attemp to cross over into the english and U.S. market died..That album is no where to be heard from.No one is playing her music.Thank God!!

Sarantis,

AV hasn't got a hope in #### of making it in English, for a start she's too old to dress etc the way she does and it shows (not critizing her age I'm old too), but she will never make it UK, the only people who bought that CD where Greek/Cypriot english speaking fans.  

Who wants to talk about her anyway!!!!!!!!

Lynne, you are absolutely right.Not only will she not make it as a cross over artist but she is washed up in Greece as well..I did not even want to bring up her age and the fact she wears very little on stage.Problem is she is showing her age and she does not realize that she should no longer be wearing those small tight dresses.Her thieghs are getting to be as big as a sumo wrestler...Anyway,has anyone noticed she looks like Paul Stanley(guitarist) of "KISS"..Has anyone ever seen him without make up.I swear she looks just like him....hummm!!!

Oh Sarantis, how cruel you are... the poor woman only tryig to earn her bread after all... ;)

It's easy for me to talk though, I don't know her! LOL!

Great band, KISS, by the way. I really used to dig them. Man, that's a looooong time ago... They don't make'm like that any more!!!

Saranti

Like Paul Stanley from Kiss????

Are you sure?

TORA  Mas Doulevis!!!!!!!

Maybe you need to your glasses re-examined

LOL

relax I'm kidding man, but yes on one aspect your right she certainly may be showing her age;

but #### she still likes fine to me

and maybe even better now than before.

Never too late to be in today's trends if you got the right figure to go along with that and to me she still does.

(Edited by Christo at 4:23 pm on Aug. 8, 2001)

Geeska,Christo  really she(AV) does look like Paul Stanly of KISS without the make up.Im not kidding ,check out the pictures of him....The resemblance is stunning..Of course its probably a huge insult to Paul Stanly to say that he looks like Anna Vissi as she is such an ugly old hag....Now Christo did you say she was still nice looking?Was this before a case of beer or after??he,he,he

Geeska you probably wont beleave this but i was a huge Kiss fan back in my high school rockand roll days.I think i have seen almost every band that came through the 70's and 80's.....Led Zep,foghat,kiss,Aerosmith,Rush,Blue oyster cult,Stevey ray vaughn.....By the way you may not beleave this but while speaking with Dalaras,did you know he listened to a lot of rock and folk music growing up..We spoke in some detail about this.I was a little surprized but not totally.I figured he was open to different and diverce styles of music...

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris DON'T say such horrible things!!!

Too many reasons why this is wicked - I don't know where to start...

1. 14 is too young anyway, anyplace, anytime

2. the current trend for very young teenagers with bare bellybuttons to pose as artists is *unspeakable*

3. there is NO more damaging start to any career, to any LIFE, than as "pretty addition to Daddy's show" - deadly for boys, but worse for girls!!!

4. I wish Georgianna all possible happiness and success, but I hope her talents take her in another direction - succeeding one's father is always hard, it's harder in show-bizz than anywhere else, and... to succeed Dalaras? It is *impossible* - he is far too great. She'd never be free.

My consolation is that Dalaras would NEVER EVER do a thing like that.

There, Chris - now you've got me using alsmost as many caps and !! as you when you're angry. Don't come startling me like that again - I've got enough grey hairs as it is :)

Thanks, Chris - though I'd rather have some of Nikolas' honey :) :)

I've got nothing against girls getting a job at 14 (I did), but what's going on in show-biz nowadays is child abuse - I really mean that.

okay this post if for all the above

Nikolas your right this is a hot topis to discuss!

Geeske in all fairness to Chris' reply,

I don't think Dalaras would allow his daughter to become another Brittany or Christina diva.

I'll agree with you that the sex appeal bellybutton revealing and make up and crop tops  etc., etc., has

gotton a little out of control or should I say alot?

But Vissi, yes Vissi-Saranti, Vandi, Theodoridou, Garbi and many others are all going for that look too.   So the sex apeal belly baring is common even in Europe just as it is in the states with Destiny's Child and remember from England the Spice Girls?

So where do you draw the line.

Well we know from Sarantis post that our man and hero Dalaras is a respectable and humble person off stage which means he must also be a caring and devoted father.  SO I don't think Dalaras would let his daugter fall into that trap, but would persuay her to develop into a fine vocalist if she really has inherited a voice like his.

And lastly, I'll never forget when the last time I saw Dalaras on his Millinium Tour, after the concert a couple young girls no more than 15-16 years old were trying to see him backstage for an autograph perhpas who knows.  But there midrifts and navel were showing.  How embarrasing at such a young age.  I don't know what they had in mind but I don't think Dalaras was too impressed with this not along autographing someones bare belly.

This trend should be done by adults and not kids and in more resptectable places like the beach.

Enough said.

I was thinking of her, not us.

It's NOT RIGHT to be a stage artist before one has had a chance to develop a personality of one's own - and how many of us have a formed, firm personality at 14?

If you-know-who wants to show the world her belly-button, I have not the slightest objection - she is a grown woman. But all these poor kids being led to believe themselves great musicians, stars, what not - then left with nothing... And their public, the same age, not looking for anything in life beyond belly-buttons!

Pou 'nai ta chronia when singers started their careers on protest-songs instead of sex-appeal?

Listen everyone ,i am very uncomfortable even speculating about any ones young child or even bringing up anyones child.Can we please just forget about guessing whether she will become a singer or not.Can we return our focus to Dalaras and leave the children out of this... I know that Dalaras is a very,very private person and would not want this brought up on any site so if everyone is O.K. with this lets leave his daughter out of this!!! The future will show us what she will do with her life,lets not speculate.......

Please don't misunderstand me: I never felt Georgianna herself was at much risk - but got carried away by disgust with the goings-on in the pop industry - all those poor kids...

They don't all have a dad who's giving them a sound education in matters of music, and a good example - that's the way to do it :) isn't it Chris?

Musical talent *does* run in families and *can* be brought to bloom by education - look at J.S. Bach's children...

Are there many more musicians in Dalaras' family? Didn't someone mention his father gave him quite a number of half-brothers and -sisters, how about them?

paidia diavasa prosektika ola ta reply sas kai mono ena pragma mou erxetai sto myalo: Tha parakalousa MERIKA apo ta axiagaphta melh na mhn pairnoun kamia xhmikh ousia, na mhn katalanwnoun megales posothtes alkool, kai o monos kapnos tha eipneoun na proerxetai apo ena BF tsigaro kai tipota perissotero prin kanoun log in gia na grapsoun tis gnwmes tous. Ma einai sovaroi; Kai ti den akousa; Garbi, Clinton, Vissi, Bandh ........ Gia sovareuteite. Eipame na kanoume kai ligo plaka alla oxi kai etsi. Oso gia tis dikes mou protimhseis tha symfwnisw me ton Soc: me thn Xaris Alexiou. Opws kai me thn Galani.

I just heard on the radio the song Μ' ένα παράπονο (the title could be different) by D. Mitropanos (originally sung by G. Bithikotsis). Right away I remembered George singing it this winter in Zygos. And you know what? I think they can sing together. George will put on his Orfeas Mask (you know, the "this is a sample of greek jazz" kind of face), Mitropanos in his jeans and one hand in his pocket, and George with this big smile that sheds light all over the place. It would be perfect.

P.S. My agreement with Nikolas is a bit out of date: it has to do with July 20, Olympic Games and Artists who can best represent Greek music: Mr Theodorakis, of course!

I looked up this topic because I dimly remembered it as the place where I first heard Marinella's name. It's totally hilarious for me, re-reading the whole thing now: now that all the names are familiar, have voices, faces, etc - and to remember reading them then, when they meant exactly zero-nothing-at-all. It's a bit spooky when looking at the dates, because it's not so long ago. But all in all, a good laugh.

The reason I post to bring the topic up again is Marinella and the Olympics.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead