Andreas

Artists with which we would like to see Dalaras cooperate

81 posts in this topic

####! :rolleyes: You guys are at it again! Will you behave????

Chris, Michael's got a right to be critical of anyone he likes - so far, he is quite polite about it. He seems a bit schoolmasterish to you, well, that's no reason to get on your high horses... please?

Anyone he has the right to be disappointed when he sees artists rise to international fame on music that does not touch his own heart.

I do not quite agree with Micheal, that Greek artists should stick mainly to authentic Greek music. They can sing anything they like for me - as long as it is GOOD music. But like Michael, what I think is good music, is not always what the big audiences think is good music.

And we all know that there are artists who choose their songs because they think they will sell, not because they think they are beautiful. Come on, Chris, you know that too!! (Mind, I'm not saying Mouskouri or anyone in particular does that - only that it does happen, and that it is to be feared).

Now to be specific: I don't know Yanni, I don't like Demis Roussos or Nana Mouskouri, but I've been fond of George Moustaki since I was a child. Only I never realized till two days ago that he really is Greek.

Is that good or bad? I expect Michael regrets it. Me, I don't think it matters. He sings what he sings, he sings it well, I like his voice and his songs, and that's it.

Having tried to pour some oil on the waves, I'll start a new post that is somewhat more ON-TOPIC ;)

To get back to the topic: who do we want to sing with Dalaras?

Keti Garbi sounds like a good idea - I've not heard her, though I've heard of her (vaguely) - but anyone Dalaras thinks well off sounds like a good choice to me ;)

I would not have picked Mouskouri myself because I do not think hers is the best voice to complement Dalaras' . As I've said in the tread on concert experiences, I find that other singers' voices tend to 'disappear' next to his.

Now yesterday I was playing my tape of a concert that Dalaras and Dimitra Galani gave together (the Xarcharkos concert) - SHE has a voice I like!! Jeez, we don't grow them like that around here. But I don't know whether she is still around, and famous enough to qualify for the Olympics?

[Despite your efforts, I'm still your iggerant barbarian :rolleyes: ]

Everybocy is entitled to their own opinion and we should just accept that we will never all like the same.

What about Marinella, I know that she has sung with Dalaras albeit years ago.  I agree with Geeske as well that Mouschouris voice would not go with Dalaras but Galani does, and yes she is still around, she was in Cyprus last month.  

Lynne's posting gives me the possibilty to say also something "nice" ;):

Marinella has a wonderful voice! (O.K., Dimitra Galani's one is also very good, but in a duet with Dalaras I think I would prefer Marinella.)

Well, so I'll take the opportunity to say something iggerant ;)  :

Who is Marinella? I've never heard of her and you have made me very very interested.

Χαίρετε Geeske: (did I write correctly Hello?)

A friend of mine has satellite, and recently told me that he can see a TV channel from Greece (Antenna 1, 3 or 5 I cant remember), and he was incredible kind to record me some musical programs from different artists (of course Dalaras included), there were two female singers with a delicious voice, Marinella and Protosalti (Im not sure about Protosalti name but it was something like that), back to the issue, Marinella offer a show with songs and escenography that recall different decades (60s, 70s, 80s and 90s), and at the 80she make a duet with Dalaras beyond any believe, if Sinnatra is the The American Voice Dalaras deserve the nick name of: The Greek Voice, well, this women maybe deserve the female Greek version of The Voice.

Please every body, hold your horses, all my knowledge about ελλενιδά singer is a little Universe of 3 Nana, Marinella and Protosalti, so forgive my limited knowledge, I red the controversy about Nana and I dont want to create a new one, in Mexico we dont know that Nana is even Greek, we use to think about her like a French or an American, because all the music from she is in those languages.

If you have the chance to listen to Marinella, do it, maybe she is not very young, but her voice is very rich and experienced. I copied all the shows in CDs to listen in the car (the audio part of the VHS tape of course), if you are interested about to listen her, I can send you in mp3 format the duet between Dalara and Marinella.

Αντίοσας (did I write correctly Good Bye?)

Hey Adel

great posting and thought I'd let you know I would like very much for you to attach this MP3 File if you can.

Permission is First Prority from Nikolas.

Though I don't think he will mind, check with him first just to be safe because he will need to have it dowloaded onto the site without hindering the bandwith's speed time.

you guys are kidding about Kaiti Garbi right? I hope so.

For those who don't know her or have vaigly heard about her let me fill you in. She sings songs like:"Ki an ksipoliti xoreuo me simaia mou mia fousta" or if you wish "Even if I dance barefoot with a skirt as a flag". Give a break!!!

She is very similar to Anna Vissi, Despina Vandi (actually she appeared with Anna Vissi last winter)

(oh by the way, since her name came up, yes she is hot).

Hi all

Just to get back to the discussion as which female vocalist we would like to see Dalaras participate with.

1.  Well I have always loved the voice by

'Angela Dimitriou'   though I don't believe Dalaras has ever sung anything with her.  

2.  I've always liked the voice from 'Alexia'

Whatever happedned to her? She seemed to fizzle  fast out of the spotlight, and her english was pretty good too for singing Jazz.

3. And lastly, 3 singers from Cyprus are also fantastic whom I adore very much they are of the following:

a) 'Konstantina'  although we haven't seen any new material  from her now for quite some time.

So I'm not certain whether or not she is still singing.

B) 'Evridiki'  A great vocalist for the Greek Rock/Blues category.  Perhaps her style of singing would not be a good match or fit to sing duets with Dalaras.

c)  Do I dare say it despite knowing it may sicken someone.  Gosh! well okay I guess now I have to since the cats already out of the bag!.

' Anna Vissi'  We have not heard any colloboration between her and Dalaras since the 70's. It would surely be nice to hear them sing the Kouyoumtzis ballads all over again.

d) and on a last note

'Despina Vandi'  although some consider her just to be another want-to-be Vissi.  

Sort of like Christina Aguilera impersonating Brittany Spears.  And then of course there's

John Tesh trying to fit his image as that of Yanni.  

Ahh well at least they have two things in common:

a) they  both share the same name

B)  and they both play the same instrument (piano)

LOL  

(Edited by Christo at 10:13 am on Aug. 3, 2001)

Adel

Send it to me (galanis@ceid.upatras.gr) and I will post it and of course let all others to download.

Christo, I think you are trying to provoke some of us with these names...

Personally, I think Glikeria is a perfect female singer to join Dalaras. Her voice fits so much and also she is great when doing vocals. Even Dalaras himself said that he was surprised by how Glikeria could sing in the background (when they sang together around 1983) and he said this a lot later, so no marketing reasons...

As for Keti Garbi, I agree with you soc!!! I also say the same for Despina! (yes Vandi). What a girl...

What does Dalaras himself say? He must have been asked who he likes to sing with?

(If this sounds stupid, please remember I can't yet read the interviews in Greek)

Geeske

In my last post I said that Dalaras DID say that he liked Glikeria, in fact he said he was surprised by how Glikeria could sing with him. He has also said that his best years on stage have been the years with Haris Alexiou earlier and with Haris and Panos katsimihas later.

Has he said anything about Frangoulis? I still can't get used to hearing that opera voice together with Dalaras - it's interesting, yes, and they sound like they're enjoying themselves, but... it is so *strange*! I can't really like it, and yet I play it again and again.

Another thing: both Glykeria and Alexiou are really famous in their own right aren't they? Perhaps that would make (one of) them a better choice for the d...d Olympics thingy? (Or a worse one?)

Hey Nikolas

Now I'm confused. What did you mean by provoking the members?

My intention was not to provoke anyone.  I simply stated my opinion on greek female singers. nothing more, nothing less.  Grant it, not everyone is going to agree and/or disagree with me simply because of different  preference and/or other reasons for what have you not.  

It's kust my opinion.  Nobody has to agree with it. Just respect it. Nothing more nothing less.

Christo

It is true that I was joking, I had to put a smile there. Not for Anna Vissi but I really don't like even one of the names you mentioned...I didn't mean to offend you, not at all! taste is taste! And I said some of us because I am sure that soc will agree with me. I didn't say all of us!

ok guys

all is forgiven

Maybe I was jumping the bandwagon a bit too much.  Gosh I do get carried away when it comes to jokes.  

Alright now Chris you have to spill the beans

why is Vissi taboo?  

Whats the spiel on her and Dalaras on having bad blood?

Since you have already peeked my curiousity and since I'm ignorant on this topic, maybe you can relate the info to me thru messenger.

As not to offend Saranti  LOL

Nikolas, my goodness you didn't like any of these singers WOW!

I guess its true what they say:

'different strokes for different folkes'

just kidding, at least we still love Dalaras more so then of these female singers.

It keeps striking me again and again how many different reasons there are to love Dalaras. And how very different they are - and so, how very different the people are who love Dalaras.

I think that is the mark of true greatness: to be great not just in one aspect, but in many.

Christo

No problem with me! :)

Taste is taste. From female singers I prefer:

Haris Alexiou(not now though), Eleni Vitali(the absolute voice),Glikeria,Tsaligopoulou and Melina Kana. Maybe I forget someone. I don't really like Protopsalti,Galani,Arvanitaki and all those you mention. For those you mention, I also don't like their songs, something that doesn;t happen for example with Arvanitaki.

Nikolas

Hey what do you know now on the singers you mention up above, I'll agree with you hear here; for I don't like or care for them at all either.

But the irony really is for the singers we don't like such as:

Galani, Protosplati, Arvanitaki etc.,  I've noticed whoe ever had the chance to work with Dalaras instantly (in some point early their career) became famous. And this is certainly the latter. They started their career off from singing in Dalaras concerts and cd's and the rest is history.

Another good point of view to look at and admire in Dalaras.

As for Vitali, yes I liked her voice too. Tell me what ever happened to her?

Yes, Chris, Nikolas won't remember Stanisi, as he is by far too young for this :laugh:. But I do (just a few hours ago I remembered the album "Ta tragoudia mas" where she sung with Dalaras). To my mind that was one of Dalaras' positive promotions. (It's a pity that they stopped quite quickly the cooperation.)

Concerning Vitali, I saw that she published a new CD with Vasilis Paiteris. For details I would have to take a look into some Internet-CD-shop.

(Edited by Michael at 12:54 am on Aug. 5, 2001)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead