Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christo

How many new CDS since 2000

28 posts in this topic

You know since the new Millinuem & turn of the Century now,

there has been talks here and there about Cds

of Dalaras particularly of him in other projects.

such as other Colloborations where he participates as a Guest Artist whatvever.

And then for some odd reason or another, the project fails through or is only made available in a certain country or certain record label. and then only to find perhaps is no longer available and out of stock or print whatever.

I have seen talks of posts of a Colloboration CD all over the places here in the club but never able to find them in my area to buy them. And there scattered all over the place in the forum. So I don't know or remember where to look to find it again in the topics of discussion.

So my request is simply this:

Can someone here if they don't mind please, give us an update on all the Participation Cd's as well as the Personal recordings Dalaras is in on disocgraphy?

Now I dont mean just counting them but too list info on them like the Title Name of the CD, the number of songs Dalaras sings on there, what the title names of the Songs are, when it was released, who else participates, names of the composers & lyricsts, and anything else in general we can add to the list of info?

p.s,. perhaps this is a job for NIkolas too do on his site, if he has the time to do so, what do you think Nikolas? are we asking for too much?

Efharisto in advance

:music:

BTW, Where do you suppose we make the new update Cds annouced perhaps here on this thread I started or else maybe open a new topic on this section of the forum dedicated for that information only & post it there.

What do you all think?

I think it's an excellent idea.

I'm sure Nikolas will do it on the site, when he finds time to update it (it's a lot of work and, like all of us, he has to work for a living). Meanwhile, this topic is a good place to gather the info...

«Η άσφαλτος που τρέχει » / "I Asfaltos pou trechei" is the last he put on the site, I think. Let's take it from there...

And most of the LIve Recordings we know about, give or take.

Still awaiting for the new Dalaras & Remos Live cd to come out from Athens Arena they did earlier this year,

After 'Ashpaltos', we had 'Apo Kardias' I think and then Marinella 'Mazi'

what else?

Το αφιέρωμα στον Μάρκο Βαμβακάρη και το αφιέρωμα στον Βασίλη Τσιτσάνη (Ότι κι αν πω δεν σε ξεχνώ)

If we talk about collaboration cd's, there are several...

I think of (since 2004)

Anemoptero-Korkolis(2004)

Smyrne-Estoudiantina(2004)

Unity-Olympic cd(2004)

Mono mou na gelas-Kazoulis(2004)

Bordel-Stelios&Vassilis (2004)

Ores mou xronastistes-Stravianos(2005)

Makrines Apostosies-Mpikos(2005?)

On the basis of the information we have so far, these I think are the CDs that aren't already in the discography

Για τον Γρηγόρη (2002)

Μάνα μου και Παναγιά

Τα ματόκλαδά σου λάμπουν

Σμύρνη (2003)

Μάτια μου

Ό,τι κι αν πω δε σε ξεχνώ (2003) (click here for the link)

Ανεμόπτερο (2004)

Πόσο κρατάει ένα ονειρό

Havana (Midnight mix)

Φως (2004)

Όμορφη πόλη

Στα τραγούδια που σου γράφω (2004)

Τι Θεό πιστεύεις;

Το προαίσθημα (πέρασε καιρός)

Εφτά φορές

Σαν πυρετός

Είπες φεύγω

Βραδιές με ακτινοβολία

Θέλω να γυρίσω

Σωπάσαν οι φωνές

Το μόνο που ξέρω

Μαρτύριο, μυστήριο

’λλη μια φορά

Μη βιαστείς να χαθείς

Στα τραγούδια που σου γράφω

Μόνος

Να με θυμάσαι

Μόνο να μου γελάς (2004)

Τα τραγούδια μου

Στέλιος & Βασίλης¨ Bordel (2005)

Avre Tu Puerta Cerrada

Ώρες μου χρωματιστές (2005)

Ελένη

Just for once, I've tried to be exhaustive.

I don't think I managed... Dalaras is sort of exhausting to follow, inexhaustible.

The latest we have in the site are:

Θα 'ρθω να σε βρω / Tha rtho na se vro , ("I shall come to find you")

CD-single containing 4 songs that will also be included in Η άσφαλτος που τρέχει / I asfaltos pou trexei.

Ό,τι κι αν πω δε σε ξεχνώ / O,ti ki an po den se ksexno ("Whatever I say, I can't forget you")

1 CD with historical recordings of Dalaras and Vasilis Tsitsanis together in the '80's, plus one newly recorded song by Dalaras. This cd was not released in the shops, it belonged to a special Tsitsanis concert. It will be included in the Tsitsanis 3CD box in 2003.

Παίζοντας με δυο ορχήστρες / Paizontas me dio orchistres ("Playing with two orchestras")

CD by Dionysis Tsaknis. The songs ought to be in the translation forum. Dalaras contributes two songs: Γυρίζω τις πλάτες μου στο μέλλον / Girizo tis plates mou sto mellon ("I turn my back upon the future") and Ο Μπαλαμός / O balamos. The last is known as "To tragoudi ton gyfton" (The song of the gypsies), there is previous (also excellent) version by Eleni Vitali, and a later version with Spanish lyrics which was used in a movie.

2001 (April)

Η άσφαλτος που τρέχει / I Asfaltos pou trechei ("The asfalt rushing by").

Double CD with 28 new songs by many different composers and writers.

An international 1 CD - version (16 songs) was released later that year under the title "The running roads". There are (or ought to be) translations of all the songs in the "translation" section of the forum.

Κάτω από την Ακρόπολη / Kato apo tin Akropoli ("Under the Acropolis")

CD of the soundtrack of the tv serial with the same title. This cd is not in the site yet but the songs are in the translation forum. Dalaras sings two songs, lyrics by Lina Nikolakopoulou and music by Nikos Antypas: η σιωπή / I siopi ("silence") and Σε παραλίες κι αμμουδιές / Se paralies ki ammoudies ("on the shores and beaches").

2002 (June)

Από καρδιάς / Apo Kardias ("From the heart")

Double live CD recorded live at "Zygos" in Plaka earlier that year, with 21 songs sung by Dalaras, 1 by young Areti Ketime (her début) and 12 by Dalaras' other companions on stage that year (Melina Aslanidou, Gerasimos Andreatos and Anna Bourma). There are (or ought to be) translations of all the songs in the "translation" section of the forum.

Για τον Γρηγόρη / Gia ton Grigori ("For Grigoris")

Tribute CD for Grigoris Bithikotsis, recorded live at a great concert where the best and finest of today's Greek singers sing his songs for him. Not in the site yet. Dalaras contributes two songs: Μάνα μου και Παναγιά / Mana mou kai panagia and Τα ματόκλαδά σου λάμπουν / Ta matoklada sou lampoun .

2003 (22 February)

Γιώργος Νταλάρας & Emma Shapplin - Ζωντανή ηχογράφηση από το Ωδείο Ηρώδου του Αττικού / Giorgos Dalaras & Emma Shapplin - live recording at the Herod Atticus theatre (a.k.a. the "Irodeio")

CD with only 2 songs, given away with a magazine. Recording from a fund-raiser concert for unicef. Dalaras' song is the "Gloria" from the Missa Criolla. Shapplin's is her hit "Spente le Stelle" with a stunning contribution by Dalaras. Lyrics and translation in the forum.

2003 (20 March)

Μαζί / Mazi ("Together")

CD with 21 songs from the concert tour of Dalaras and Marinella in 2002/2003. There are translations of some, but not all, the songs in the "translation" section of the forum.

2003 (18 October)

Αφιέρωμα στο Μάρκο Βαμβακάρη / Afieroma ston Marko Vamvakari ("Hommage to Markos Vamvakaris")

Double CD recorded at the great concert on the island of Syros, in honor of the great rembetis Vamvakaris, who was born there. 28 songs, of which 17 by Dalaras.

The CD also includes a very interesting booklet (all in Greek, I haven't done any translating yet). Only a few of the songs have a translation in the forum (sorry, can't do everything at once - ask for any you want!).

After this, the releases that are not in the site yet:

Το τραγούδι της Αρετής / To tragoudi tis Aretis ("Areti's song")

CD with 4 songs by Areti Ketime, o which the first is a duet with Dalaras ( Ο πονεμένος στήθος μου / o ponemenos stithos mou ). Dalaras is also the producer of the record (the label is Parlophone).

Smyrne

CD of the Estoudiantina Neas Ionias, a big orchestra similar to the highly sophisticated orchestras that played in Smyrne and other cities of Asia Minor in the late 19th and early 20th century. The special repertoire of songs (and 3 orchestral pieces) is presented with great vigour and musicality and the CD (produced by Dalaras) made unexpectedly high sales. Not less than 14 singers participate, varying from quite good to highly excellent, including the two best voices in Greece: Chronis Aidonidis and Dalaras. All the singers contribute one song each except Dalaras who does 2: Μάτια μου / Matia mou and Καροτσέρι / Karotseri .

On June 21, 2003, special "Asia Minor" concert at the Irodeio: see below for the DVD release.

2003 (November?)

Ό,τι κι αν πω δε σε ξεχνώ / O,ti ki an po den se ksexno ("Whatever I say, I can't forget you")

Don't be confused, this is the same title as the 1 CD listed in 2001, but this is a different release. This here is a 3 CD box, entirely dedicated to Vassilis Tsitsanis. The first 2 CD's contain songs recorded during the concerts given in February 2001 in Athens (and repeated in January 2004) by Dalaras, with Eleni Tsaligopoulou, accompanied by no less than 9 bouzoukia plus the rest of the band, and by singers Gerasimos Andreatos and Giota Drakia. The 3rd CD is the one with the historical recordings, previously released in 2001. There is also a brilliant booklet with not only song lyrics, but a lot of commentary, details and curious and interesting stories about the life the composer, and, therefore, the history of Greece in the 20th century. It is in Greek. All of it. Some of the songs are in the forum. Again, ask me for any you want!

Again, the label is Parlophone.

Later in 2004, there is a re-release of the same.

1 DVD + 3 CD's. This edition looks like a tall, narrow book, that opens to reveal two discs in each cover and the booklet in the middle. The 3 cd's are exactly the same as in the box-set. The DVD is from the concerts in Februay 2001 (not January 2004). The booklet now includes 2 pages in English (my opinion of how they translated Dalaras' piece on Tsitsanis is not printable, but I suppose it's better than nothing).

2004 (January)

Ό,τι έχω στο χαρίζω / O,ti echo sto charizo ("All I have I give to you")

CD by Antonis Vardis on which Dalaras sings one lovely ballad: Μυστικά / Mystika ("Secretly").

2004 (March)

Ανεμόπτερο / Anemoptero

A CD by composer Stefanos Korkolis. Label: EMI. The songs are sung by Adriana Babali, Dimitra Galani, Alkistis Protopsalti, one by the composer himself, plus Πόσο κρατάει ένα όνειρο / poso krataei ena oneiro ("How long does a dream last") sung by Dalaras and Havana which is a duet between Dalaras and Dulce Pontes - a highly successful duo. Both songs are in the translation forum.

In June 2004, there is a special collaboration (2 concerts) of Dalaras with Michalis Chatzigiannis, which, so far as we are aware, was not recorded except piratically.

2004 (July?)

Unity

CD with "unexpected" international collaborations of singers doing something in honour of the Olympics. Dalaras contributes about one quarter of a minute of vocals in the song "Everlasting", with Groenemeyer and Cheb Mami.

2004 (July?)

DVD Αφιέρωμα στην Μικρά Ασια / Tribute to Asia Minor .

DVD of the concert given by Dalaras, with Glykeria and the Estoudiantina orchestra, on June 21st 2003 at the Irodeio. It's a very hastily produced DVD (no booklet, the cover lists the songs in Greek and English but doesn't even mention the concert date...) but the concert, with a lot of Kaldaras songs, is absolutely wonderful.

In August 2004 there is a big special concert at the Irodeio to which Dalaras has invited a number of musicians from all around the Mediterranean, including the famous Portuguese Dulce Pontes. This is a great success and a CD release is expected.

In November 2004 Dalaras sings a number of entirely new songs, settings of poems by Eleni Ahrweiler-Glykatzi, at a unique concert at the Rex theatre in Athens. Again, there is talk of a possible CD (not of the concert, as a project for a later date) but so far, nothing has come of it. Another case where a little piracy does a lot of good and no harm to anyone...

2004 (October)

Bordel , by Stelios and Vassilis (Label: SonyMusic).

Stelios Golkaris usually plays the classical guitar for Dalaras when he's having a symphony orchestra. He's the "Stelios" in this duo. The other guitar is Vassilis Mastorakis. The CD contains music for 2 guitars, mostly from South America, and mostly from the first half of the 20th century. It's excellently played. It is entirely instrumental, except the last track, a special arrangement of "Avre tu puerta cerrada" for voice, two guitars, double bass and percussion. And it's Dalaras singing. Even though it sounds a little tentative, I like this extremely acoustic version much better than the one with the symphony orchestra on the "Mann auditorium" CD.

2004 (November)

Στα τραγούδια που σου γράφω / Sta tragoudia pou sou grafo ("In the songs I write for you")

Personal record by Dalaras with 15 new songs. Label: Parlophone. The booklet has the lyrics, plus English translations, some more or less OK but some so bad that they actually are worse than nothing. I have never gotten round to doing them properly and no-one has asked (yet).

From the last days of December 2004 to the first days of April 2005, Dalaras appears at the Athinon Arena, together with Antonis Remos. On the last night, a number of gigantic high-tech cameras are in evidence in the venue, and we've been waiting for a tv-showing and/or a DVD-release ever since. But nothing specific has been announced about what/where.

Μόνο να μου γελάς / Mono na mou gelas ("If only you'll smile at me")

Record by Vassilis Kazoulis, to which Dalaras contributes one song: Τα τραγούδια μου / ta tragoudia mou.

2005 (some time in summer)

DVD of the Closing Ceremony of the 2004 Olympic Games

Including Dalaras singing Μάνα μου Ελλάς / Mana mou Ellas, Στου Θωμά / Stou Thoma and a part of Ξημερώνει και βραδιάζει / Ksimeronei kai vradiazei. Mana mou Ellas is a duet with Charis Aleksiou, the first in twenty years (or as good as).

2005 (June?)

Ώρες μου χρωματιστές / Ores mou chromatistes ("My hours in all colours")

New version of older songs composer Giorgos Stavrianos. Label: Eros Music. Some of the best singers in Greece interpret the songs, like Panos Katsimichas, Glykeria and Pantelis Thalassinos. Dalaras sings two songs: Ήσουνα φεγγάρι / isouna fengari and Ελένη/Eleni . Both are in the translation forum.

2005 (July issue of the music magazine Δίφωνο / Difono)

The CD that goes with the magazine contains the Polish cover of one of the songs from "I asfaltos": Λουλούδι / Louloudi ("Flower"), under its Polish title: Kwiat. The singer is Grzegorz Turnau, Dalaras participates. The song was first released in November 2002, on Turnau's cd "Nawet".

In the summer of 2005, Dalaras left the night-life centres for the theatre, and spent the summer touring Greece as Coryphaios (leader) of the chorus in Sophocles' famous tragedy «Oedipus rex», as produced by Giorgos Kimoulis. The (spoken) chorus parts of the ancient play were (partly) replaced with songs to music by Goran Bregovic, with lyrics specially written by Lina Nikolakopoulou. These have a special topic in the translation forum.

In August, it was announced that the songs from the play would be released on CD very shortly. However, this did not happen. In September, the CD was still not produced. One song was pre-released to Radio Melodia, under the title "Elpida". But it seems the record company is dragging its feet.

The next officially announced release is the re-edition of "Sta tragoudia pou sou grafo".

This, according to the press, will contain 3 new songs. The most exciting was written by Charis Aleksiou herself, especially for Dalaras' voice. They sing it together, it's already on the air on one Athens radio station. It is called Ο άλλος μου εαυτός / o allos mou eaftos ("My other self") - see the translation forum. Then there are two songs by Vardis. One is "Mystika" (see his record, under 2004) and the other is new and called Μια ζωή τα ίδια λέμε / Mia zoi ta idia leme ("Saying the same things all our life").

The re-edition will be available in three versions:

- A box with the original CD plus a cd-single with the 3 extra songs, and a dvd with the clips that go with (some of) the songs.

- A one-CD edition containing the original songs and the 3 extra tracks

- A CD-single containing only the 3 new songs.

It is supposed to come on the market on October 15th (don't believe it until you see it).

That's about it... until the next correction/addition.

:D:blush::(

What can I say?? Fantastic work Geske, and thank you so much for your efforts here. I now have a shopping list for my next visit to Greece!

GESKE

EISAI FOVERI!!!

wow amazing work

Thank you

i want to add that in Difono's Disc (From July)) there is a duet of Dalaras with Grzegorz Turnau titled "Kwiat" ("Louloudi")

:D

If we talk about collaboration cd's, there are several...

I

Ores mou xronastistes-Stravianos(2005)

Wow Hey Great to see my topic took some effect on readers

and finally something worth to note on important information regarding Dalaras music.

And just when I thought I had all the cds

I see now I am missinga few,

Marijke. which one is this?

I dont remember coming out for release this year unless its not sold in North America?

what song does he sings on there?

:blush:

:blush:

Dear Geske,

EISAI ORAIA

POLI KALO DOULIA

BRAVO!!!

Wow that was alot more then What I was expecting

you sure put your homework together and spend a lot of quality time doing this; and the resuly, Overall you did a PREMISO job

I think this will help not just me but everyone else here wanting to find out more details where to look for Dalaras from his latest recordings

Again, what a Great Job !!!!

thanks a Million

NA SE KALA

Only thing also I learned I don't have in my collection

this cd

Το τραγούδι της Αρετής / To tragoudi tis Aretis ("Areti's song")

CD with 4 songs by Areti Ketime, o which the first is a duet with Dalaras ( Ο πονεμένος στήθος μου / o ponemenos stithos mou ). Dalaras is also the producer of the record (the label is Parlophone).

and from Marijke I now see which one this that I don't have either

Ώρες μου χρωματιστές / Ores mou chromatistes ("My hours in all colours")

New version of older songs composer Giorgos Stavrianos. Label: Eros Music. Some of the best singers in Greece interpret the songs, like Panos Katsimichas, Glykeria and Pantelis Thalassinos. Dalaras sings two songs: Ήσουνα φεγγάρι / isouna fengari and Ελένη/Eleni . Both are in the translation forum.

:(

And to add a few others

we overlooked

Kate & Geske just to mention a couple more:

"APURIMAC" 2000

with the 1st recording dedicated to Commandete Che Gevaria.

'HASTE SIMPRE' with the Jazz Guitartist Al Di Meola.

later found & heard again on Asphaltos in the same me year.

"H TRITH FORA" also in 2000

with the participation from Dalaras & Maria Farantouri singing

the song 'HXOXROMATA'

and from the same album Dalaras sings

'O PRIGKPAS'

and too mention also in 2000

"EBREXE O KOSMOS"

Dalaras singing 3 songs from Stavros Koujoumtzis (probably his

last recording he published as composer)

1. 'O DRAPETHS'

2. 'STH FYLAKH ME KLEISANE'

3. AYTOS O KOSMOS'

Christo, does Dalaras actually participate on the Apurimac album? Or is it just the same song ? (There are dozens of versions of that song around btw.)

I left the collaborations from 2000 out of the list because they are in the site, and have been for as long as I can remember.

Yes Geske,

It is the same exact recording heard as that from the Asphaltos cd,.

In fact, Vasillis Papakonstantino, Milton Paschalides, Dionysis Tsaknis, Lavrentis Maheritsas, & Ionannides all participate in a collloboration singing Haste Simpre

in Greek

Also bearing to mind just now

is that we also have the persona Lps from Dalaras

'Digital Remasters' released from last year

"TA TRAGOUDI MOU"

"MIKRA ASIA"

"50 XRONON REMBETIKO"

"BYZANTINOS ESPERINOS"

"OI MADIES OI HLOI MOY"

" ATTIKON LIVE RECORDINGS"

"LATIN"

are there any others i'm missing?

As far as the cds after "Από Καρδιάς", the correct release dates of CDs are:

Κάτω από την Ακρόπολη

Κυκλοφορία: 5/6/2002

Για τον Γρηγόρη

Κυκλοφορία: 01/11/2002

Οτι έχω στο χαρίζω

Κυκλοφορία: 17/07/2003

Το τραγούδι της Αρετής

Κυκλοφορία: 04/09/2003

Αφιέρωμα στον Μάρκο Βαμβακάρη

(Κυκλοφορία: 18/10/2003)

Smyrne

Κυκλοφορία: 23/12/2003

Μια αγκαλιά τραγούδια

Αφιέρωμα στον Βασίλη Τσιτσάνη - Ο,τι κι αν πω δεν σε ξεχνώ

(Κυκλοφορία: 16/01/2004)

Ανεμόπτερο

Κυκλοφορία: 26/03/2004

Μόνο να μου γελάς

Κυκλοφορία: 15/06/2004

Unity

Κυκλοφορία: 14/07/2004

Bordel

Κυκλοφορία: 23/11/2004

Στα τραγούδια που σου γράφω

(Κυκλοφορία: 08/12/2004)

Πυξ-Λαξ - Τέλος

Κυκλοφορία: 11/12/2004

Ωρες μου χρωματιστές

Κυκλοφορία: 03/06/2005

Μια αγκαλιά τραγούδια

As it wasn't refered before, this is a 4CD-music box of Marinella, that contains a studio version of "Τα χρόνια της υπομονής", sung by Dalaras & Marinella and recorded in 1993.

We should also add the participation of Dalaras in the CD of Maria Spyropouloy in 2005.

We should also add the participation of Dalaras in the CD of Maria Spyropouloy in 2005.

Hey Chrristos

Yia pes mas

what participation cd is this?

and what does Dalaras sing with Maria

I've never heard of her and dont know what kind of material she sings.

Can you give us a little breif overview on her

thanks

thanks Anna

now at least i have an idea who maria is

but her cd is not sold here in the states

so it will be hard to find it not to mention hear it too.

so whats the song like with Dalaras

do you like it? can you hear him real good or ishe heard ard sung short and bried in the background/ was this worth buying maybe Trenhartiri has it in the UK

:huh:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0