Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
henk de leeuw

Γιάννης Καλατζής

48 posts in this topic

The proper topic ends now with the first post of this page.

Who could give me a date of the recording "O epipolaios", or better please the more complete Kalatzis' discography?

It's not even mentioned on the CD I have.

Thanks a lot.....

The date is written on the LP,Olga:

"1969". :razz:

S Gursu

Tesekkur ederim & selam! :razz:

Any more dates to another recordings? And what is the last (or, better to say, the latest) recording of Giannis Kalatzis up till now in fact?

Any more dates to another recordings? And what is the last (or, better to say, the latest) recording of Giannis Kalatzis up till now in fact?

A more detailed discography perhaps at another time. :)

Kalatzis' last record with new songs was published in 1981 ("Gia olous"). Since then there were only collections with "greatest hits" etc. and a collection with old single records. :)

http://www.gianniskalatzis.gr/

thanks to Michael. Huge thanks.

More than 20 recordings of him are listed there, an info about the coming reedition, a row of likable photos.

Just the first text from the "Biography" part, Manos Loizos' words:

"Ο Καλατζής μου αρέσει.

Δεν είναι τίποτα ψεύτικο στο τραγούδι του...."

(" I like Kalatzis. There is nothing with lies in his song").

To a good night of the New Years' beginning:

"I will wear white festive clothes" ("άσπρα θα φορέσω ρούχα γιορτινά"), one of the best musical gifts I got this year.

:D should be: "last year" already. "This year" was "only" the Vienna concert and the repetition of Andre Rieu's performance in Royal Albert Hall London 2000...... Both great joys, nevertheless.

Tribute to Manos Loizos: Giorgos Dalaras - Vasilis Papakonstantinou - Giannis Kalatzis - Xaroula :) Alexiou, Dimitra Galani. No date given. Who knows?

post-6-1073338243.jpg

1970, "Thalassografies" participants and one, whose face I do not recognize:

Manos Loizos - Lefteris Papadopoulos - Giannis Kalatzis - Giorgos Dalaras

post-6-1073338455.jpg

Tribute to Manos Loizos: Giorgos Dalaras - Vasilis Papakonstantinou - Giannis Kalatzis - Xaroula  :) Alexiou, Dimitra Galani. No date given. Who knows?

13th September 1985 in the Olympic Stadion in Athens. :)

1970, "Thalassografies" participants and one, whose face I do not recognize:

Manos Loizos - Lefteris Papadopoulos - Giannis Kalatzis - Giorgos Dalaras

I think the 5th person is not someone well-known. I assume they simply took the foto with a fisherman.

and "who pays the ferryman"? :)

Danke, Michael. Auch fuer Korrektur meiner Fehler woanders (und vieles mehr, bei Gelegenheit :)).

I assume, there was a recording made after this concert then? Is it still to find somewhere?

Could anybody, please, give details and names to the "Koita, ti ekanes" (ERT SAT) programme of the just passed Saturday, where Giannis Kalatzis was among another guests? I found it accidentally and saw not from the beginning. Nevertheless, Giannis Kalatzis, even with gray hair and singing just only "Jamaica" of Manos Loizos was recognizable immediately. At least by me, even if I did not see any recent photos of him.

Mεγάλη, μεγάλη, μεγάλη συγκίνηση.

PS. I tried to identicate missing informations online, but the programme on the www.ert.gr is given just only ahead.....

Thank you!!!!

Tell more then in the another topic, SVP!

Why another topic, Olga?

Here he is with Prodromos Tsaousakis (spanio yliko as I said, as there are very few photos of the great Tsaousakis available) and George Mitsakis...

post-6-1077436353.jpg

I thought about a new topic with the name of Prodromos Tsausakis (if there are enough infos available) :).

What about my question from the last night, friends? Please!

Before I get an answer to my question (please, keep the programme of the 21.02. "KOita, ti ekanes" for me!!!), a longer answer to Malik's question in the today "Dedicated".

He asked:

I do not know Kalatzis. Maybe I am too young :razz: I see you love him very much. Is he a sort of star for you? We all need stars. They enlighten our poor skies, just like Turner does.

The most sincere answer is:

I got fully red of joy by pure reading of this post, Malik.

In fact, some songs of Giannis Kalatzis I know from the same time, as Giorgos Dalaras, that means now more than 25 years.

they belong to the first, beloved by whole heart, sounds of the Greek music I and my family ever heard. Even, if the name itself is known just not more than 4 years and the texts understandable even later :).

Yes, I cherish every note sung by Kyrios Giannis, especially from the Koujoumtzis' "Pasxalies". They taught me dance.

A big joyful memory:

I was once catched by a colleague while dancing to the frishly bought "Pasxalies"; he said:

"Olga, are you pregnant or what? You are shining so with joy" :rolleyes::D:D

Well, all, but all the Giannis Kalatzis recordings I found have at least one security copy.

You know almost surely "Kira Giorgena" and "Delfinaki" from the 1969 recording,

almost for sure Manos Loizos "Jamajka" in the "Thalassografies" with Giorgos Dalaras,

some songs of "Na'xame, ti na'xame" of Manos Loizos/Lefteris Papadopoulos with Giorgos Dalaras again.

This sunny boy is now a man with grey (still longer) hair.

But if it happens, that I am really depressed,

Giorgos Dalaras' repertoire is for comforting me,

and Giannis Kalatzis' songs for giving me smile. From a very careful to the most sincere one.

Addition: I could have quoted the full opinion of Malik about William Turner here, so that everybody knows exactly, whom we mean.

This short passage is written too precisely and too preciously to get lost afterwards in this very long topic, like "Dedications" is.

Olga, as Kalatzis has here his own nice place in the Forum, I transferred your question from the other topic to this one B) :

[...]

can anybody tell me, what is the original recording of "Isoun oraia", a Giannis Kalatzis' song reedited in this particular collection (CD 1/9)?

"Isoun oraia" is from Kalatzis' LP "Paramythaki mou" from 1971.

If someone has this record: I would pay any price to get it. (O.k. almost any price. :) )

I know about the record only from a catalogue. It contains other wonderful songs too, like "Methysa ki apopse", "Me tous kahmous den vriskeis akri" and the title song (it became the most famous one of this LP, I think).

Thank you, Michael B):):)

It can mean, the whole "Paramythaki mou" is a CD with more music of Stavros Kujumtzis? At least 3 songs then are his!

Michael, we share the price in two, if somebody finds this recording......

Somewhere in Thessaloniki, where Giannis Kalatzis was born?

Unfortunately, I can not find more detailed informations to the contents of discs by the www.gianniskalatzis.gr.

This site says, 1971 are the recordings as follows:

O Stamoulis o loxias

Otan anthizoun pasxalies (Kujumtzis/Kalatzis/Dalaras)

Ena taxidi (who knows?)

Zei (shared with George Dalaras, too, and surely seen now by almost nobody more? I was, more times, looking around to find it in Greece - no success, distixos....)

1972 follow then "Na'xame, ti na'xame" and "Paramythaki mou", they say.

The differences must be, I think, between recordings and their releases.

It can mean, the whole "Paramythaki mou" is a CD with  more music of Stavros Kujumtzis? At least 3 songs then are  his!

Exactly! There are even at least 4 songs, as on this record there is also "Geia xara kalh" (the song we know from the disc "Otan anthizoun pashalies"). At least 2 other songs are with music written by Loizos ("Paramythaki mou" and "Ta pleoumena").

But this record ("Paramythaki mou") was never released as CD. It exists (= existed) only as LP.

Unfortunately, I can not find more detailed informations to the contents of discs by the www.gianniskalatzis.gr.

Indeed there is not a lot of information about the discs on this website. (But nevertheless it is fine that this site exists. B) ) Already since a long time I plan to give here more detailed informations about Kalatzis' discography (names of composers and lyrics-writers etc.) but until now I did not find the time. Some day I will do it ...

This site says, 1971 are the recordings as follows:

O Stamoulis o loxias

Otan anthizoun pasxalies (Kujumtzis/Kalatzis/Dalaras)

Ena taxidi (who knows?)

Zei (shared with George Dalaras, too, and surely seen now by almost nobody more? I was, more times, looking around to find it in Greece - no success, distixos....)

1972 follow then "Na'xame, ti na'xame" and "Paramythaki mou", they say.

The differences must be, I think, between recordings and their releases.

I also think so. My source of information (concerning 1971) was the "Elliniki diskografia" by Petros Dragoumanos (book respectively CD-Rom) and this is usually a reliable source. Differences of 1 year may happen because of the reason you mentioned. But "Ena taxidi" cannot be released in 1971. That must be a mistake on the website. It was released after "Na 'xame, ti na 'xame". Dragoumanos writes for "Ena Taxidi" the year 1973 (!) (and this seems to be correct). For the other records you mention, Dragoumanos gives the same year as the website.

"Ena taxidi" would be the second LP we would have to share, Olga. :)

"Zei" I have. Seems to be already quite rare. :):)

Already since a long time I plan to give here more detailed informations about Kalatzis' discography (names of composers and lyrics-writers etc.) but until now I did not find the time. Some day I will do it ...

Then I wait patiently further on, as it was my own request already some months ago, Michael B)

As I see, a kind of information concerning LP/CD editions could be very useful, too. Vielen Dank fuer Deinen bisherigen Einsatz!

"Ta xrysia kleidia", the golden keys.

A real goldmine, this old Kalatzis' tune.

Including this magic flute in the accompagnement, making me to follow - and follow - and follow - like it was foreseen ages ago by the Greek shepherds and philosophers writing the first music theories of the world.

It is, practically, a very simply tune, just a small ornament called "gruppetto", but I understand better now, how terribly jealous must have been Apollo hearing Marsias.

A good day, friends.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0