Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
henk de leeuw

Γιάννης Καλατζής

48 posts in this topic

Did he leave with Κυρα Γιωργενα to some Island?

I don't know. I have in my mind however that last year in 2000 there was a triple CD consisting of (1) Κυρα Γιωργενα, (2) Ο επιπολιος, (3) Ο σταμουλις ο λογιασ.

He must be 58 years old now so normally still alive

Henk and Odysseus3

No, he is not performing. For reasons that appear to be mysterious, he, step by step, dissappeared from live stages and discography...it might be personal...

Could anybody give more details about Giannis Kalatzis from the very beginning? I could not believe we don't have any single drawer with him, there is one, and - please, please, complete it!

Thanks in advance! (I know only a few of songs sung by him, but - these few ones I like without exception).

Xenaki eimai kai tha'rtho

Geia xara kali

Na'xa sto stithos moy giali

Giati ego gennithika ftoxos (Otan antxizoun pasxalies)

Issoun oraia (S. Koujoumtzis, Ta megala tragoudia)

To leventopaido (L. Papadopoulos)

please!

Thanks for the given link, as for the melody what can be heard there (O Giorgos einai poniros), I prefer the sung version indeed!

By the way, my next identified song of older years! Thank you so very much, Francois!

More links welcomed, if you find anything!

:)

Olga, concerning Giannis Kalatzis (a singer I also like very much), I can tell you that he started to sing on records in 1968 ("O stathmos" by Loizos, where we can also hear Dalaras). A number of own LPs (about 12) follows, the last one (with new songs) in 1981. (The - few - records published after 1981 presented older "Greatest Hits" etc.).

One of my favourite songs with Kalatzis (for me one of the most beautiful greek songs in general) is "Methysa ki apopse", written by Stavros Kougioumtzis and Sotia Tsotou. Unfortunately it is completely forgotten and as far as I know not available on any CD.

In the part "Dalaras Photos" I discovered Giannis Kalatzis among friends; it is on the 15th page there.

And I enjoy today, among others, one of the most known songs from my own past: "Pou eisai, kaimene Perikli". In case you don't know this, just imagine one of the stories you liked most as a child.... A very similar kind of pleasure.

Που΄σάι, καημένε Περυκλή;

Να βγείς, να σεργιανίσεις,

και τήν Αθήνα σου να δείς

και να μή τήν γνωρίσεις....

:D To be continued.

A real discovery - one of the most young-joyful refrains I've ever found in the Greek music I know:

"άσπρα θα φορέσω πουχα γιορτινά,

όλες μου οι αγάπες έχουν γίνει μιά"

(I would be wearing white, festive clothes,

all my loves became one).

Γ. Καλατζής, Οι μεγάλες επιτυχιές τού

Additionally, this song comes in the recording immediately after this my favourite from above. And these two were able to make my last days.

if i am allowed to say anything without being ignored, which is as bad as being insulted, for me o giannis kaladzis has the sweetest male voice ever, whish voice a man callded meli, honey, and so giannis sounds maybe , like a dream son in love, gambros , for eny decent and ordinary mother having a daughter ready for marriage!? I was too wonderring why he disappeared and asked arround nobody had any answer except that he got old... Pitty pu den prolavame emis pu den prolavame na ton dume ke akusume zondana..

By the way, i remember reading a discussion her whether the language in the club should be english or greek and whetger should be a separate column for only greek speaking greeks.So i wander and ask if it is ok that we greek write sometimes in greek even in latin scrpt like i sometimes do when cannot find suitable words in english, so, IS IT OK, I mean do all or at leaast most people here understand greek?

Athinaia, you can post in any language you want (Greek or English are the most used languages here for obvious reasons) in any of the topics... :D:D:D

tin sinomosia siopis...

"sinomosia siopis"??? Ma edw den htan to katallhlo "totic" gia tetoia erwrothsh, kai mh ksexaseis oti ta Savvatokyriaka, ligoi grafoun edw...

Could anybody please give the text of "Αν ζούσαν οι 'Αρχαιοι"? This one from the recording "Ο επιπόλαιος"?

I know the song for ever and ever, I enjoy the full recording now - but there are still some words I can not recognize.

And the "Stixoi" site does not have this text, either.....

Thank you!

Olga

PS. The more I hear to the repertoire of Giannis Kalatzis, the more I enjoy it - these songs are all so full of smile in their texts and musical idioms....... :D

I cannot help you there but I can share something interesting instead.

It is about the lyrics of the song 'Kira Giorgena'

Well, guess who is Kira Gorgena!

Does anybody know?

It is GREECE!

I am sure about it becuse somebody who KNOWS things told me.

So, o Giorgos is the dictator in hunta days, it was his name, and his 'wife' who he f...s around and about, is Giorgena, Greece...

This is because in Greece women were named by their husbands!!! Who cares about father, not to talk about mother. Even nowdays forms have the name of husband to be filled in. No name of wife wanted. Sorry.

Who knew this?

....And I was thinking about a bad husband and a nice wife.......This shows how deep and artful is the Greek poet's way of expressing. The song was, of course forbidden at the days of hunta...

:razz::blush:

NIKH, that's indeed interesting. I did not hear about this ever before!

I do not have much time now. So for the moment I will post only the lyrics so that other members who do not know the song will have an idea about what we are talking about. The song is from 1970, the lyrics was written by Pythagoras, the music by Giorgos Katsaros.

Κυρα-Γιώργαινα, ο Γιώργος σου πού πάει;

Για πού το βαλε και πού το ξενυχτάει;

Έβαλε το σκούρο του,

άναψε το πούρο του,

μπήκε στο αμάξι του

και εντάξει του.

Ο Γιώργος είναι πονηρός

κι αυτά που λέει μην τα τρως!

Από τις έντεκα και μπρος

κυκλοφοράει για γαμπρός.

Κυρα-Γιώργαινα, σ το λέω υπευθύνως:

ο Γιωργάκης σου είν ένας θεατρίνος!

Για δουλειά σού μιλήσε,

πονηρά σε φίλησε,

κι η αυγούλα μύρισε

και δε γύρισε.

PS for Olga:

I will give also the lyrics of "An zousan oi arxaioi", but I do not have it ready on my computer (as the lyrics for the above song :D ). When I have time I will listen to the song and write it down.

....in Greece women were named by their husbands!!! Who cares about father, not to talk about mother. Even nowdays forms have the name of husband to be filled in. No name of wife wanted.

It is an ancient tradition, what was then developed in Rom more:

August - Augusta

Julius - Julia

Agrippa - Agrippina

and remains in the Russian countries, but not only for women:

I would be, for example, Olga Antonowna (daughter of Anton),

or, let's give an example from Gogol, The Marriage:

Ivan Pavlovic Jajecznica (Ivan Son of Pavlos Scrambled Eggs)

or from history: Vladimir Ilicz Lenin (son of Ilia.... :razz: )

I am not quite sure, what are the roots of the same tradition in the Arabic lands (Ibrahim ibn Jakub, Osama bin Laden - and so on).

Thank you for reminding this.

And Michael, danke! Lass Dir Zeit!

HEY OLGA YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT!!!

It is father's daughters you are talking about which would of course be all right once the mother would be in the child's name too.

But I am talking about a wife being named by her husband, and it is even nowdays present in England, so "missis John Johnson is entering the ballroom"!!!.....

Maybe Michael can tell if the following is true, in Austrohungaria...whatever the name...

The daughters had their mothers' surname while sons of their fathers.

Fair enough.

Now, as the cherry on top of turta, my opinion on why the father is in the name of the child.

Because to make sure, if THAT is a way, that the child is of THE father, and because the father is not SO sure how much he loves the newcommer, while the mother does not care what people say, her child is her own self...so who cares about some names...AND because the father wants his possessions to pass onto HIS child, not of the WHOEVER IT MAY BE, this is what the law school, preciselly the sociology of family, teaches us, lawyers. Who dares doubt this.....

But why on earth does the wife have to change her name once married?!

There is only ONE reason for a woman to change her name .. :)

Out of topic? Nooooooo, we are in THE club,

KAKA TA PSEMATA.... :lol:

kaka ta psemata means 'why lie'

Just in case someone thinks that I am so much out of topic, I think some other guys are too and who cares...kuvendiazume... :razz:

Maybe Michael can tell if the following is true, in Austrohungaria...

Sorry, NIKH, I have no information about this ...

Just in case someone thinks that I am so much out of topic, [...]

Yes, I think so, NIKH. :razz::)

The proper topic ends now with the first post of this page.

Who could give me a date of the recording "O epipolaios", or better please the more complete Kalatzis' discography?

It's not even mentioned on the CD I have.

Thanks a lot.....

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0