Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marsel.lar

Πως το έκανε αυτό?

34 posts in this topic

:razz::( As I do'nt understand Greek too, I agree completely with Louise.

What a pity because we surely miss a lot of interesting informations on the site and it is a bit frustrating.

Answers in English to this topic concerning the voice would interest me too.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and help :rolleyes:

Margot :razz::music:

I'm watching a thing that Dora (hardet) sent me at the moment, but as soon as I "emerge" from it, I'll provide an english summary of the topic.

:rolleyes::razz::(

Hello Geske,

I was sure that you would be one of the first member to answer to our request and I was right.

As always you are very kind.

Thank you.

Margot :razz::music:

As always you are very kind.

I know you intend a compliment and I honour your intent, but honestly, I'd be happier with realism...... I'm sometimes kind, I'll even admit I enjoy being kind, but also very often I am absent-minded, busy, and/or rude. My friends know this and don't mind too much or for too long :razz:

So, here goes for the summary.

Please note that I am not a musician of any kind, can't read music, can't sing, can't play any instrument, so I can only hope I don't make too many too blatant errors.

The topic was started by someone who'd picked up his guitar and tried to find what the range of Dalaras' voice is. He thought it might be as much as 3 octaves. I understand this would be quite a lot for a pop singer, though not too unusual for an opera singer.

It turns out that Dalaras' voice range is not, in fact, unusual. It covers about two and a half octaves, and it's a very very normal tenor range. With very few exceptions, he places his songs so that he sings comfortably in the middle of his range.

The posts list some of his extra low notes, like the La with which he starts "omorfi poli", and some of the extra high ones, which seem to be in slightly larger number than the low ones, like a Si bemol in the studio version of "Karavia stin steria" and a Do in the second voice to "to teleutaio adio".

However, both the very high and the very low are comparatively rare. The posters seem to agree that what makes his voice special is not so much the range as the "sound-colour" (the greek word "ichochroma" has no good English equivalent), the expressivity, and the fact that he sings _all_ the notes so very well. Also Christos notes that its adaptability to different kinds of music is remarquable.

Christos (who is, yes, a singer himself, and not the only one in this forum) also notes the use of the head voice, and then has to explain the term.

The last two posts, by Tasos and Theodore, go into some _very_ specific detail of two examples of how _very_ expressive a single syllable can be when Dalaras sings it. They ask of those who know more about the technical aspects of singing to explain how this is done.

But I do not think they will get an answer, because what they describe is, in fact, that which goes beyond what can be taught and explained: it's the magic that makes a very great singer (as distinct from merely a "good singer" or merely a "good voice").

Now let me add a personal comment: I think that the fact that Dalaras' voice has such a "typical tenor" range is very nice for his audience, in that it allows the largest possible number of them to sing along quite comfortably: all the tenor voices (men) and all or most of the alto/contralto voices (women).

-Στο τραγούδι "Μεσόγειος", στον τρίτο στίχο της τρίτης στροφής :

"λαοί της συμφοράς και πίκρα του θανάτου"

μου ήχησε πολύ ιδιαίτερα το πως ερμήνευσε τη συλλαβή (-να-) στη λέξη "θανάτου".Προσωπικά, μου έδωσε την αίσθηση ενός "σχολιασμού" του που τονίζει, πένθιμα αλλά και γενναία, και ηρωϊκά κι όχι μοιρολατρικά, τη λέξη, ενταγμένη στα πλαίσια του συγκεκριμένου στίχου.

-Στο τραγούδι "Θάλασσα πλατιά", στον τελευταίο στίχο της τελευταίας στροφής :

"αδερφή μου εσύ θάλασσα που σ' αγαπώ"

μου ήχησε, εξίσου, ιδιαίτερα η ερμηνεία, ακριβώς του πρώτου (-α-) της λέξης "αδερφή". Σα να "παρουσιάζει" τον πόνο και τον καημό με μια μαχαιριά! Ένα "-α-" μαχαιριά στην ψυχή και στα σωθικά.

Τάσο πραγματικά οι παρατηρήσεις σου είναι ιδιαίτερα αξιόλογες.

Όσον αφορά το "Θάλασσα πλατειά" πραγματικά αυτός ο λυγμός είναι "μαχαιριά". Αυτό είχε δηλώσει και ο Νταλάρας στην επανάληψη της εκπομπής "Στην υγειά μας" που ήταν αφιερωμένη στον Σταύρο Κουγιουμτζή.Όταν ήθελε ο Κουγιουμτζής να βάλει αυτό το λυγμό σε κάποιο απ'τα τραγούδια τους, του έλεγε :

"Γιώργο , την μαχαιριά..."

"Γιώργο , την μαχαιριά..."

Να θυμίσω το "Μάνα μου και Παναγιά" από το αφιέρωμα στο Γρηγόρη Μπιθικώτση στο ΣΕΦ.

...κλαίει η μάνα μου στο μνήμα... Θυμάστε αυτό τον λυγμό-μαχαιριά? :music:

Αυτή είναι η μοναδικότητα του Γιώργου μας,αυτό ακριβώς είναι και το σημείο που μας προκαλούσε,μας προκαλεί και θα μας προκαλεί ρίγος,τρέμουλο,που κάνει και θα κάνει την καρδούλα μας να χτυπά δυνατά,έντονα,βρισκόμενη μεταξύ έρωτα....φωτιάς....χαράς...λύπης...Ας θυμηθούμε την εκτέλεση του "Αργά είναι πια αργά"(που δεν είναι και δικό του,που να ήταν κιόλας...),κι ας φέρουμε μπροστά μας την εικόνα του προσώπου του,των ματιών του,των χειλιών του όταν προφέρει το "Μα την αγαπώ",στη δεύτερη στροφή...Σα να το λέει κλαίγοντας,σπαράζοντας και τι μαγικό....Να μας "δανείζει" αυτό τον σπαραγμό "μέσα" μας,κυριεύοντας τις αισθήσεις μας...Από το "Μεσόγειος",ασύλληπτα χαμηλή νότα,σα να βγαίνει από τα σωθικά του,εκφράζεται στο "Μια θάλασσα μικρή",στο σημείο "Σαν το ψηλό χορτάρι" και στο "Σε τραγουδούσα εγώ"....Θύμάμαι επίσης,στη συναυλία του με το Θηβαίο και τη Μαρία Ιακώβου,4 Αυγούστου 2001,στο νυκτωμένο φοινικόδασος του Βάϊ(είχε πανσέληνο και δειλά-δειλά έβγαινε το φεγγάρι ολόγιομο και κόκκινο,σα να'ρχοταν απευθείας από τις αφρικανικές ερήμους...αν δε φυσούσε κιόλας,θα'ταν Η αναπανάληπτη από πλευράς ατμόσφαιρας συναυλία,με το Θηβαίο να ερμηνεύει το "Αγάπη" και το Γιώργο να μας ταξιδεύει με το "Έχω έναν καφενέ" σ'όλες τις κρητικές ακτές...),ήταν το καλοκαίρι που είχε πεθάνει ο Καζαντζίδης...Αφιέρωσε στη μνήμη του το "Όποια και να'σαι" και η ερμηνεία του-χορωδία με τον κόσμο είχε τόσο μεγάλη θλίψη,σαν ν'ανέβαινε στα ουράνια με δάκρυα αγάπης για το μεγάλο του δάσκαλο...Ας θυμηθούμε και την πρώτη εκτέλεση της "Σκόνης"...Πόσο μέσα μας καρφώνεται η φωνή του,πόση θλίψη μας δημιουργεί....Αχχ....!

Σημ:Θυμόμαστε το Γιώργο,να στέκεται απέναντι από το Στόκα,στην Ιερά Οδό,το '96 και να λέει ο ένας στον άλλο,στο τέλος του τραγουδιού,που το είπαν μαζί,"’στην να λέει...’στην να λέει....’στην...."...Η την "κορώνα",στέλνοντάς μας στα ουράνια,που έγβαλε στο τέλος του "Ξένος για σένανε κι εχθρός"...Ξεεεεε....εεεεε.....εεε....εεεε.....εεε....εεε....εεε...εεεε..εεεε..εεεε..εεεε...νος.......Τι να θυμηθούμε,τι να ξεχάσουμε....

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0