nikolas

Radio Thessaloniki

150 posts in this topic

Mais non, Geeske, je ne me moque pas de toi! (Ouf, pas d'accents dans cette phrase)... I insist: you are so poetical! :D

Micki, we heard her do your song live at Keramikos last Saturday (and thought of you).: She is so gorgeous! Second only to Dalaras, really.

Two minutes ago.

Radio Thessaloniki playing in the next room.

A word catches my ear: "Apo Kardias"...

and yes, there's Gerasimos Andreatos, live from Zygos, singing Agriolouloudo. Did I hear us singing too ;) ?

As usual in the morning, coming into the office, I start the computer, open the site, en turn on the radio.

So, the site welcomes me with a fortune cookie: όλι η νύχτα κι ούτε δυο γραμμές δεν έγραψα...

and then radio comes on, almost simultaneoulsly: όσο κι αν πάθεις...

Neat, isn't it? Synchronicity is a good laugh...

I've been unable to catch Radio Thessaloniki for two weeks - and tonight at last it's back.

And what's the first thing I hear? the commercial for paradise:

"ολοι έχουμε γραμμένο, που τον λένε πεπρωμένο... - Γιώργος Νταλάρας στο Ζυγό! "

How I missed it.

Geske

I don't think it was for Zygos. It must have been for Thessaloniki. See upcoming concerts!

I know the commercial from Melodia - it was exactly the same, including "Zygos - from the 10th of May".

I've been expecting them to annouce the Saloniki concert, but haven't heard anything yet.

Geeske, you should see me now!

One eye on TV, because of Football mundial, one ear on radio Thessaloniki and posting on the forum...... radio is gone again!!

and my computer........ :mad:

I'm awfully sorry, but I speak even less football than Greek. Honestly, I apologize for being so stupid. The Dutch in general are quite as mad about it as the Greeks though.

Anyway the radio is now playing Mad about you.

And I'm ready to bet that what the man was saying just now was a greeting to "Nikolas and all our friends who are listening on the web". Don't ask me if he meant the one and only Nikolas though. I wonder if those guys in Thessaloniki realize what a strange assortment of listeners they have...

I was on the point of opening a new topic, and then I thought "isn't there a nice old ready to step into?" And there was.

You see, as usual when I have a particularly long and boring job of bread&butter translation, I rely on the radio to keep me company and awake (mmmm lovely grammatical sins...). I like radio about as much as I dislike TV (and I dislike TV as much as Stavros Kougioumtzis did).

So I thought, let's share our favourite internet radio stations. It's not a very good time of year for it, because everyone is on holiday and all the programme schedules are messed up, but never mind.... Here are mine:

Melodia (Athens)

http://www.melodia.gr

top favourite, no question - I've changed my office hours, insofar as i have any, to match the programmes I like best (roughly 1800-2300 or 0200 greek time - depends how much work I have...).

And when one day I came back from holiday to find they'd put a subscription on the uplink, my only worry was to get my credit card out quick enough to not miss the start of Odysseas Ioannou's hour... Of course I prefer my radio to be free, but if it saves me even one single bloc of commercials, I'd much rather pay. And the uplink works absolutely perfectly (which is not true of any other so far).

Mythos (Thessaloniki)

http://www.mythosradio.gr/

the early pages of this topic will tell you where I first heard about a guy named Spyros Fokas. Weekdays, 6-8 (Greek time).

It's a modest station that uses the playlist quite a lot, but it's a nice one.

Ekfrasi (Thessaloniki)

http://www.fm-ekfrasi.gr/

my old friend gazakas tipped me years ago for this one, but it never used to have an uplink - until I checked again this morning, and it's been on ever since. It seems I've found that rare gem, a station that plays songs I like in the morning hours.

Now tell us yours........... please?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead