nikolas

Radio Thessaloniki

150 posts in this topic

Soc this is going to make you happy...

Just some 5-6 years ago, there was a website at http://www.hyper.gr/rthes which was supposed to be a website for Radio Thessaloniki. Based on this and on the Erotikos live feed, I was playing by myself and tried some URLs in winamp

Click on the following link...

http://www.radiothessaloniki.gr/rthes.pls

Just go on...It is 19.14 now in Greece and Dimitris Alexiou will play until 20.30. He does it every day but I don't know what time he started because I just discovered it!!! GREAT! All members should listen to this guy!

I cant believe it... I would just write who can say me which links I may listen to live Greek radio...I dont say anything, so I am going to listen this radio and excellent songs while I read all of your messages..

Thanks Nikolas....

At this very moment this very station is dedicating a song to Nikolas: Τα βεγγαλικά σου μάτια

And after that another will follow.

I am shaking, not only because I got to hear Nikolas talking to the producer, but because I just realized how small the world we live in is. So, I will stay here typing until the next song comes along. And if I only remembered the phone number I would give our webmaster the biggest surprise of his life, since I know he is listening now.

So, let's see what will the producer choose for our friend

"Ξημερώματα άλλαξες ανάσα και πλευρό"

Soc!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so ashamed....:) :) :wow:

Did you look at http://www.hellasyellow.gr ???? No....  

Anyway, two numbers:

00 30 31 267888

00 30 31 243900 (try this one first)

Soc, when I phoned, I had a small suspicion that you may be listening...but anyway!

I am still listening...but I didn't listen to you!

Of course I am now hearing "Στην αλάνα", is it because of you?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just heard the whole conversation!

Has anyone recorded the conversation?

Dear friends here is a link full of Greek Radio stations:

http://www.greekradio.net/html/live.html

(this is off topic but interesting:  )

here is a message that Eleutherios Venizelos had sent to the Greeks who live in America :

http://www.greekradio.net/meta/benizelos.ram

Note: you need RealPlayer to listen to the radio stations

Now this station plays Geeske...I mean "Νυχτερίδα" but if you had the CD on Christmas, you would think it plays Geeske...

Wow,

this was really exciting. Three hours later and I still can't believe it. I leave the whole story for the (web)master, in case the posts are not sufficient. I believe this was one of the most magical moments in this forum.

Well

I am in the middle of doing a coursework and I already have enough of it...So here we go, the whole story.

The station is Radio Thessaloniki, based in the lovely city of Thessaloniki. Never broadcasted over internet before but yesterday it was discovered, even if they yet hide it...:)

For me it is a very special fact because I grew up with this station, although I experienced it thoroughly only for 2 years, because in Patra we didn't have it. What excites me is that I will have the chance to listen to 2 specific porducers. Anyway, I stop these things here.

Last night, the first night of listening to it, it was around 10 here in the evening, one of the two I like started his program! 3 hours every night from Monday to Thursday! 00.00 to 03.00 greek time, that makes it quite convinient here where I am, 10 to 1...So I decided to phone him! As we had discussed it here, I had a small suspicion that soc might be hearing...Anyway, he knows why I called... :wow:

So, he was listening indeed! And then, after remembering the number, he phoned again. Here is an interesting part of the story, I was of course sure that he would phone and was waiting. Also I was watching the forum at the same time. The man puts "Alana" and I think that maybe soc asked for it. Then soc says in the forum that he already phoned and I am wondering...I didn't hear anything! That is how I realized that at that specific moment, I was about 10 minutes back...I mean the stream I was receiving was a little delayed, mainly because of the big amount I prebuffered in order not to lose it...

So, suddenly, the man interrupts the song (almost never does this!) and yes, puts soc in the air! At first he tells him that in Greece they say good morning and asks him what they do in US. And then they speak about 7-8 minutes about everything and nothing. Soc tells him that he was listening to this station for 8 years and now it is so fantastic that he can do it again and how small the world is etc etc...He also tells him how nice such small things are while being far from Greece, like also finding greek feta in a super market (be careful because Danish make a fake one!) and so on and so on...And then he sent his greetings to everyone outside Greece and especially to me!!! He he...:)

Astron, a pity but I couldn't record it. I tried though, but it didn't work as my connection is too slow and I needed to stream twice to be able to record it! A pity indeed.

Just to mention that the guy in the station offered me two Dalaras songs (I asked for one but he did it two)...He picked "Ta veggalika sou matia" and "Xhmerwmata", both of Stamos Semsis...

Also, for those who can, just listen to this guy, he is on from 22.00 to 01.00 UK time from Monday to Thursday.

Soc, you can add more details if you want, it was really amazing!

The best part was that I was out of the office and the radio was playing. When I came back in was when the producer went on the air with NIkolas. I got to realize who he was talking to, not right away but sentence after sentence. First I got suspicious and then I confirmed. Everything else is pretty much as Nikolas described it. I will give away something here. Nikolas has a wonderful voice. Veru clear, no wonder he had a radio program himself. But, boy he is shy!!!. Well, my voice was trmbling too. I wanted to say so many things but at the end, since we were talking for almost 10 minutes I started feeling that I was taking up too much of the program's time. So, I didn't mention Dalaras at all, and I didn't give away anything about how me and Nikolas know eachother. I didn't even ask for a Dalaras song. But that's ok. The producer didn't need me to ask for one. That night he played so many.

And something else. The delay of the stream, here is about 20 secs. So, I didn't get to heasr myself talking. And I didn't ask for Αλανα. He played that by himself. But the song he played for us was a very apropriate one. The second most appropriate (the first would be Dalaras of course). After all how many songs have the words Τούμπα and Αλκαζάρ in their lyrics? Huh NIkola? My two all time favorite teams. I 've screamed and cried for both of them. In both Τούμπα and Αλκαζάρ. My friends from abroad, I know that most of you don't know what I am talking about but our greek friends, and especially Nikolas understand.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead