Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexandros

Νταλάρας & Χατζηγιάννης - Τορόντο 15/4/2006

52 posts in this topic

I meant 2006......

I just got back from the show. All I can say is WOW!!! Dalaras kicked ass once again. to my suprise, Mixalhs Hatziyiannis was great! And Despoina too!!!

To those who complained that Dalaras didn't sing that much at previous shows should get their head checked! You could see the chemistry between the two great singers. To sum it up, it was like Dalaras was passing the torch to the younger Hatziyiannis..........

The set list was similar to past shows. Started at around 8:15 and finished just after 11:00.

Major highlights included:

1. Hatziyiannis.....excellent!!!

2. Dalaras singing Pou Nai Ta Xronia and Sthn Alana!!!!

I got lots of pictures and a little video!!! Hopefully they turn out good, and I will post!!!!

Pics (More to come in Pics section)

it's such a great feeling reading your words about Dalaras and his concert (while listening to Vitally2's "Fantasia")

hope to see him in such a concert ASAP

waiting for the pictures

:confused:

Thank you veery much Alexandre!!! :confused:;):):)

Overall I felt good about the show. Dalaras was his usual self. During a break between songs people were yelling requests (myself including....."Paraponamena Logia, Ta Poulia (Hlie Mou se Parakalw) and Fanatasia" were yelled by yours truly. It was funny when he said: "I heard some, and pretended to not hear the rest! It was classic Dalaras humour.

The band I was not real fond of. What was with the one bouzouki player..he looked like a caveman!!!! The sound was good, but could have been toned down a little bit.

It was evident though that George Dalaras is getting old. This might be the last time we see him. I doubt it though...at least one more time.

But this was a good oppourtunity to see one of the new brightspots in Greek music. I knew Hatziyiannis was good, but last night he amazed me...and when it comes to Greek music I am very picky!

It was evident though that George Dalaras is getting old.  This might be the last time we see him.

I had completerly different impression - I mean he IS getting old as everyone else, but in those two concerts I've attended there was NO sign of his voice being tired, or him singing with less passion . (judging by a bunch of DVD recording I've seen - I admit that I have not seen him singing live before 2004).

In my impression, though, by seeng the two singers together I would still put Dalaras unconditionally on the 1st place, and not only by his voice, but definitely by subtlety of his singing: his professionality, his ability to command his voice.

Forgive me, but saying "two great singers" seems very out of the context. As good and promising as Hatsiyannis may be, but mentioning him as "great" in presence of Dalaras is ridiculous (sorry again, I hope I did not hurt your feelings). :)

Hatzigiannis is no Dalaras. But someone has to carry the torch for the future. There will be a day when Dalaras will be no more, and someone has to carry on the tradition. That is what I meant. And no, my feelings are not hurt..... :D

Hristaki:

I was wondering what you meant by this?????

I'm very curious....

I also helped Dalaras add a release of his... to his collection.

Btw.. the music clips will be released... just give him time

I had completerly different impression - I mean he IS getting old as everyone else, but in those two concerts I've attended there was NO sign of his voice being tired, or him singing with less passion .  (judging by a bunch of DVD recording I've seen - I admit that I have not seen him singing live before 2004).

In my impression, though, by seeng the two singers together I would still put Dalaras unconditionally on the 1st place, and not only by his voice, but definitely by subtlety of his singing: his professionality, his ability to command his voice.

Forgive me, but saying "two great singers" seems very out of the context. As good and promising as Hatsiyannis may be, but mentioning him as "great" in presence of Dalaras is ridiculous (sorry again, I hope I did not hurt your feelings).  :D

Hatzigiannis is no Dalaras. They are two different styles. But, on stage, there was a chemistry, and Dalaras brought out the best in young Mihali. Dalaras is a legend, and to be a legend you have to do great things. I do not think any of the newer artists will ever match him. But, for one night only, I enjoyed Dalaras (for the 3rd time), and liked this new kid on the block who might do great things in the future......

All I know is Dalaras is the best there was (ok maybe Kazantzidis, and some others), best there is, and best there ever will be (at least in our hearts).

thats fine. But in order for me to see him, I have to get back stage...or knock on his door at his home in Greece. Unfortunately, I don't know where he lives (I wouldnt bother him at home even if I knoew!), and I dont know anyone to give me a back stage pass. It seems only the goodlooking girls got them this time around.:D

Any ways lets move on to more discussions about his concert in Toronto....What songs did you like? Any ones you wished he had played? or Not played???

there were so many songs, I could'nt keep track. If anyone remembers.........We want to know!!! I remember most songs, but not the order....haha.

And i did notice that there were no tour books!! Those cheap bastards! I was really pissed off....

As far as back stage passes, I saw many people with them on....They were all teenaged little girls (they all wanted Hatzigiannis)!!!! And a few adults of course.

I live 2 hours outside of Toronto, so I cound not stick around after the show...usually I stick around..but I had my pethera with me...and you know how mother in laws can be :D

As far as Encore Ent. is concerned: Dalaras and Kantzoglou are KOUMBARI......so it might be hard to break that relationship. Although it would be nice to have a different promoter for this part of the world. Who will bring more Greek talent over here.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0