Christo

Sting

16 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just wondering when is "Sting" suppose to sing in Greece again?

I believe it was announced a while back in here for some date in the summer although I don't remember exactly when.

As with everyone here, were all wondering who will be the new Guest Star appearance this time when he does come?

btw, will it be at the same place venue again

'Olympiako Stadio" 2 nights or 1?

June the 17th,3 days after Dalaras.

:):razz:B)

When, where, why???

What concert of Dalaras you are talking about????

Sting has a well-maintained official website at http://www.sting.com

It states two tour dates for Greece:

16 june - Athens (Terravibe festival)

17 june - Thessaloniki (theatro Gis.

Tickets are on sale on the site as well.

Anna, there was a rumour at one point that the «Mesogeios» concerts would be repeated in Thessaloniki on june 13-14. But since the original rumour, I haven't heard anything about it, it hasn't been confirmed in any way that I know of.

I found some very interesting news concerning Sting's next CD B)

This autumn Sting ventures into "new" musical territory with an album featuring the music of acclaimed Elizabethan songwriter, John Dowland (1563-1626). Sting is joined on this recording by much-admired lutenist Edin Karamazov, in what he describes as "a soundtrack to Dowland's life in words and music". 'Songs from the Labyrinth' will appear on Deutsche Grammophon, the world's most celebrated classical-music record-label.

In the early 1980s, Sting was first introduced to the music of John Dowland and has confessed that his music has been "gently haunting" him for more than twenty years. "About two years ago my long-time guitarist, Dominic Miller, gave me a gift that he'd had made for me, a lute - a sixteenth-century instrument with lots of strings. I became fascinated with it and immersed myself in lute music. It rekindled an interest I've had for a long time in the works of John Dowland, who wrote a number of fantastic lute songs. Dowland was really the first English singer/songwriter that we know of and so many of us owe our living to this man."

John Dowland's life was a colourful one. Before becoming court lutenist to James I in 1612, he had spent most of his career abroad in the service of kings, dukes, and princes throughout Europe, where he was recognized as one of the greatest musicians of his day. In 1595 Dowland wrote a letter to Queen Elizabeth I's Secretary of State, Sir Robert Cecil, pleading his allegiance to the English throne in the hope of an invitation back to England and into the Royal Court. He would have to wait a further seventeen years before his wish came true. It is extracts from this extraordinary letter which Sting incorporates into this album as short recitations, re-creating a flavour of Dowland's life and times.

"This project was never really meant to be a record. It was a labour of love. I wanted to learn these songs, and out of curiosity, Edin and I just kept going. I think it only became a record when we decided to put extracts of this letter in. Those that are familiar with John Dowland normally think of him as being this melancholy, doom-laden character; but he can write songs that are absolutely joyful - full of passion and happiness. He has it all."

Sting continues, "I'm not a trained singer for this repertoire, but I'm hoping that I can bring some freshness to these songs that perhaps a more experienced singer wouldn't give. For me they are pop songs written around 1600 and I relate to them in that way; beautiful melodies, fantastic lyrics, and great accompaniments."

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f325/Ann.../296f640a31.jpg

http://www.sting.com/news/

Sting 25: Η ζωή και το έργο του Βρετανού καλλιτέχνη μέσα από ένα app:

Ο Sting, ο δημοφιλής Βρετανός καλλιτέχνης, παρουσίασε σε εδική εκδήλωση την “προσωπική” του εφαρμογή για iPad με τον τίτλο Sting 25.

Η εφαρμογή δεν αποτελεί ένα τυπικό band-app και αυτό όχι μόνο λόγο του περιεχομένου της αλλά και λόγο των χαρακτηριστικών που προσφέρει.

Η εφαρμογή προσφέρεται δωρεάν και αποτελείται από αρκετές ώρες οπτικοακουστικού υλικού. Σπάνιες φωτογραφίες, βίντεο, συνεντεύξεις, σκηνές από τα παρασκήνια συναυλιών και άλλα πολλά που σίγουρα θα εκτιμηθούν από τους φίλους της μουσικής.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sting-25/id478115302?mt=8

Η Καθημερινή παρέχει κάθε Κυριακή επιλεγμένες δουλειές του σπουδαίου καλλιτέχνη.

Η προσφορά ξεκίνησε την περασμένη Κυριακή.

Συγχωρέστε με για την καθυστέρηση στην ενημέρωση, αλλά ήμουν εκτός.. :unsure:

Αυτήν την Κυριακή, ο δίσκος "Brand new day".

Αν ήσουν εκτός, στείλε μέσω mail και τον προηγούμενο δίσκο να τον ακούσουμε. B)

Αν δεν έχεις κάτι άλλο να κάνεις... Για την ιστορία, το "Englishman in New York" είχε.

Mε τιμά η άποψη σου, ενώ την ίδια στιγμή με φορτώνει και με ένα αίσθημα ευθύνης... :D

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead