Alona

Μόλις Βραδιάσει

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know whether this song "Μόλις Βραδιάσει" has

been written and composed especially for dakry sto gyali, or

does it have other/older versions.

Thanks

Alona

p.s.: I will probably read the answer when I am in Athens... :)

:lookaround::music::music::wow::wow:

Έχει κανένας αυτό ή κάποιον άλλον δίσκο του Ισίδωρου Παπαδάμου;;; :rolleyes:

I would like to share with you the following story that sheds some light on beautiful music and a humble person

by the name of Giorgos Ntalaras.

Since the moment the album was released, I hardly let loose of "Dakry sto Gyali". Every now and then I found a new

favourite "gem" in there. Lately it was Molis Vradiazei. While listening to the song, I had the feeling that the song

was somehow older. There was apparently another version: by the author himself.

I decided to contact Isidoros Papadamou. There was a back-and-forth correspondence ongoing,

but today I received an interesting mail from his son, Andrea, who told me the story of the song.

In answer to my questions regarding THEIR album "Molis Vradiasei", here are some relevant excerpts from Andrea's mail:

"When we received your first emails my father was present and I translated to him and backwards. ..... .

About the inspiration of "molis vradiasei" Isidoros does not really remember but most of his lyrics are inspired by his fantasy!

The instruments that are played in "molis vradiasei" song are two 8stringed bouzouki tuned differently from the regular

8 stringed bouzouki. the strings are Re-La-Re-La and this is the reason that the sound is unknown and different played

by me and my father! There is a third bouzouki that bridges the blanks played by Isidoro's, Piano played by my sister

Anastasia, guitar played by Giorgos Tamkatzoglou (very best friend) and bass played by Michali Siganidi (very best friend).

Many years ago when the first two of our albums had been published, Isidoro contacted George Dalaras as a

very capable and experienced singer to choose one or more of his songs to sing. The reason Isidoro contacted

George Dalaras was to give his songs the opportunity to be played to a wider audience. George Dalaras chose the song

"molis vradiasi"....

:razz:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0