Top 10 CD's!

33 posts in this topic

Ok my next top 5 in order would be:

6. H Diki Mou I Patrida

7. Una Monade Le

8. Ah Helidoni Mou

9. Mana Mou Ellas

10. Dithismenous Lexis

AND this still doesn't even scratch the surface not to mention get us in the ball park. And First base?

HA forget it.

I could go on and list another 20 even 50 top favorite songs from in this category alone.

When a recording artist has as big as Dalaras whose realeased more thaen 500 songs from his career. it gets pretty hard and bias to choose just 10 songs all from that entire list.

As I only have 15 of them, I shall put them all in - and you can commiserate!!!

1. To Elliniko Prosopo tou Giorgou Dalara

2. Thessaloniki-Yannena me dyo papoutsia panina

3. Ta tragoudia mou

4. Live at the Attikon

5. The Ultimate Collection

6. I asfaltos pou trehei

7. Live and unplugged

8. The Xarcharkos concert with Galani

9. Live recordings (the 1988 one)

10. Missa Criolla (but alas, the tape is dead)

11. Live at Iera Odos II

12. Kalymera Kyria Lydia

13. Mi milas kindinevi Ellas

14. Latin

15. George Dalaras - the Greek Voice

But I'm going shopping saturday...

(Edited by Geeske at 1:02 am on July 20, 2001)

Chris,

it's not even a record, it's a tape made ten years ago from a slightly warped LP!

With the song titles scribbled in illegible squiggles and no references!

But - thanks to Nikola's marvellous discography!!! PRAISE!!! - I think it must be RCA/BMG 70096

It starts with his greeting to the public at the Olympia in Paris, with this infuriating woman speaking a translation over his voice - pure heresy - unbearable...

(btw isn't it the middle of the night in Ontario?)

Chris I do believe you are cheating :)

I promise you my selection will change next time I post here - I'm going Dalaras-SHOPPING this afternoon, with the list you all helped me compile - and for which I thank you very much!

OK Dalaras fans, here is a CD that came out in 1997 and has 5 of the 14 songs by Dalaras.It is called "Emis e ellines"...almost every song of the CD is very good.I especially like , "Nixterino 2" and "Safti tin petra"...This CD has some great songs ,several that  remind me of the old style rembetiko music,lots of baglama....Check this CD out.

Nikolas,listen to safti tin petra track, #14..The introduction with the baglama is incredible..I have been listening to this CD continuosly the last few days..It really does remind me of the old Rembetika..What a great CD!!....This CD is probably the best kept secret .Has anyone else heard this CD?.....sarantis

I've just acquired two new CD's and replaced the dead tape of Misa Criolla by a CD, so here's the revised list:

1. To Elliniko Prosopo tou Giorgou Dalara

2. Thessaloniki-Yannena me dyo papoutsia panina

3. Ta tragoudia mou

4. O methikos (thanks for the tip Michael)

5. Hymnos angelon se rythmous anthropon (thanks for the tip Anna)

6. Live at the Attikon

7.  The Ultimate Collection

8. I asfaltos pou trehei

9. Missa Criolla

10 Live and unplugged

11 The Xarcharkos concert with Galani

12 Live recordings (the 1988 one)

13 Live at Iera Odos II

14 Kalymera Kyria Lydia

15 Mi milas kindinevi Ellas

16 Latin

17 George Dalaras - the Greek Voice

Having bought more than I could afford, I went on to order another three CD's... soon my list will change again!

These are all my cds of Giwrgos :

1) Na'ta ne to 21

2) O tragoudistis

3) Apona matia

4) Giorgos Dalaras - Oi megaliteres epitixies tou

5) Sta psila ta parathiria

6) 50 xronia rempetiko

7) Ta tragoudia mas

8) O metoikos

9) Mikra Asia

10) Randar

11) Mi milas mi gelas

12) Zwntani ixografisi sto Atikon

13) Kalos tous

14) Methismena tragoudia

15) Thessaloniki Giannena

16) Live & unplugged

17) Zwntani ixografisi stin Iera Odo I

18) Zwntani ixografisi stin Iera Odo II

19) Live recording at the Mann Auditorium

20) I asfaltos pou trexei

21) Ta xrwmata tou xronou (4 cds)

and many of his participations in other artists cds.

Which cd do you suggest me to buy? I;m between "Ta tragoudia mou" and "Signwmi gia tin amina". Which cd do you suggest (not only between those two)!

Apostoli, first of all I would suggest "Mikres politeies", with some classical songs by Kougioumtzis, like "Itan pente, itan eksi", "Tora pou tha fygeis" etc.

Also an important record to my mind is "Oi maides oi ilioi mou".

(Edited by Michael at 3:04 pm on Aug. 3, 2001)

I have 48 Cd's so talking about favorites is difficult.

I am closest to Chris Apostolakis's list. Kalous Tous and the Greek Voice I put on top. Methysmena tragoudia too. But let me mention as well "Es ghn enalian kypron" from 1992 with the song "Eimaste Ellhnes" (1974).  

Apostoli, if you like Kougioumtzh there is a CD "Otan anthizoun Pasxalies" Fabelsoung MCD 137 with some songs by Giannhs Kalatzhs but mainly Ntalaras. It is originally from 1971

I've just had another look at my list of favourites, and now I've torn it up and decided never to make another.

It IS comparing apples with pears (as we say in Holland). There is music there to sing along to while doing the washing up, and music for which I even disconnect the phone before putting on the CD - and how I am to say which I love best?

By the way, has anyone else experienced that the CD one loves best, is not necessarily the one that gets played most often?

My case in point is "Hymnos angelon se rythmous anthropon", which I find almost unbearably beautiful - and therefore only play (relatively) rarely.

So, my favorite is "thessaloniki-giannena

Me dio papoytsia panina"!!

When this album hear, I think it...like "movie" or

"drama". Maybe I like his new album.

I'm afraid I don't have many CD and I consider my knowledge of Dalarases work is still very linited, but her is my list...

1) "Zondani ixogrphisi stin Iera Odo I" > the first song was the first Dalaras song I heard, and this CD was the first I bought. It has sentimental value, though I know there have been greater ones.

2) "The musical box" > This collection -which I gave a real fight to buy and for witch I was saving money for more than 6 months- is next on the list, because I actually "learned" Dalaras through it. What a pity though, I made the mistake to lent it to a friend who broke two CDs... So if anyone can get me sone copies I would be grateful...

3)"Sergiani ston kosmo" > no comments. This  cd is amazing!

4)"Mikra Asia" > for sentimental reasons. My grandparents were from there and I'm very sensitive to anything that has to do with the "unforgotten countries" (=αλησμόνητες πατρίδες) and the refugees. By the way Nikolas, I was misinformed when you asked me from where they were. In 1999 my mother  found out that her mother was from Adana and her father was from Denisli. However, their houses are destroyed, not to mention that they were small kids when they left and my grandpa never talked about it.

5) "Es gin enalian Cyprus" > this was the Cd I bought yesterday in order to celebrate my entry to the university ( Yes Geeske, the results finally came out...). It's a great one and I hear it all the time... Dalarases performance is deeply touching and it fills me with feellings of sadness,bitterness,complains and anger for what Cyprus is suffering and on the same time with hope that this unjustice will stop oneday as lond as we don't forget about it. I felt I grew up a little when I heard it for the first time. I especially liked Logariasate lathos, Agapi Dixasmeni and Ammohostos...

6) "Methismena tragoudia"

7) "Thessaloniki-Giannena me dio papoutsia panina" > It has great songs with great lyrics and music as well.

8) "Live recording in the Maan Auditorium" > the songs in the Israel language were a surprise for me.

9) "H asphaltos pou trexei" > the more I listen to it the more I like it and discover things that I hadn't noticed before.

!0) "Apona Matia"

This is my list. For the moment because I'm still looking for CDs to buy. Any suggestions are welcomed...

Unfortunately I don't have many of his CD's.My favourite is Mikra Asia.I also love:

Natane to 21

Sta psila ta parathiria

Mikres Polities

50 YEARS OF REBETIKO

Rebetika tis Katohis

Methysmena tragoudia

Kindineuei i Ellas

Dalaras tragoudaei Kaldara

Zontani Ixografisi sto Attikon

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0