Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oberonsghost

Η λιτανεία του μάγκα || The wide-boy's sermon

2 posts in this topic

This is another Dalaras song from Τραγούδια με ουσίες by Tsistanis. It has quickly become one of my three favourite Tsitsanis songs. Can you guess them all? :music:

The Lyrics used here are the ones used on the record. They differ slightly from the lyrics on stixoi.info. (http://stixoi.info/stixoi.php?info=Lyrics&act=details&song_id=249&hl=λιτανεία)

Η λιτανεία του μάγκα || The wide-boy's sermon

Words, Music, First Performance: Vasilis Tsistanis

Σαν χριστιανός κι ορθόδοξος σ' αυτή την κοινωνία || Like a christian and an orthodox man in this community

εβάλθηκα ρε μάγκες μου να κάνω λιτανεία || I was set up, my good friends, to deliver a sermon.

Εμάζεψα τα σέα μου κι ένα κομμάτι μαύρο || I gathered up all my gear and a little piece of black

και ξεκινώ ρε μάγκες μου να πάω στον ’γιο Παύλο || and so I started out, my good friends, to head off to St Paul's.

Ανάμεσα στης εκκλησιάς της στρογγυλές καμάρες || There, inside, in amongst all the church's rounded chambers

ανάψαμε τον άργιλε σαν να 'τανε λαμπάδες || we lit up that arghile as if it were sacred torches.

Νά σου κι ο αρχάγγελος με μια μεγάλη φούρια || Look here, there's the Archangel himself in an almighty rush

απ' τα ντουμάνια τα πολλά τον έπιασε η μαστούρα || high as a kite, off his face, from inhaling all that smoke...

Μου λέει: άκου χριστιανέ δεν είναι αμαρτία || He says to me : Listen here, my good man, it isn't a sin for you

που μπήκες μες στην εκκλησιά να κάνεις λιτανεία || that you've come to the church and gone inside, a sermon to deliver.

Μα ξάφνου ένας καλόγερος μου λέει: κάνε πίσω || Then out of nowhere, this monk, he comes up to me, says: : Stand back

γιατί κι εγώ έχω σειρά καμιά για να ρουφήξω || 'cause in the end, even I get to have a turn to inhale.

:music:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0