Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Apostolis

New print

6 posts in this topic

I think the first album of G.D has been reprinted. I bought it and it has a new case. It's new case is diaphanous. The album also, has a new text in a small booklet. I transcribe to you what it says. They are very beautifull words.

From the musical color of George Dalaras' extraordinary voice, comes out a pure feeling of art, a spontaneous sense pops out and all the sensitiveness a man could have in his sorry look or his joyous smile.

George Dalaras' contribution at the popular song is a great offering, which has been appraised by the people, because it has a direct contact with them. He gained a distinguished place among the great performers of the popular song by his natural talent and his sensitive voice, which never fails to delight it's listeners, conquering a difficult musical public.

At this moment, George Dalaras has been on the highest point of his creative power in popular song . His continuous success is a real confirmation at his value.

popular song = laiko tragoudi   :blush:  :(

Apostoli, do I rightly understand that you translated that forus, yourself? Thank you very much!

I would enjoy reading the text in Greek as well (you know me, always eager for practice), could you post it as some point?

I think that quite a lot of albums are going to be reprinted (50 xronia rebetiko tragoudi p.x.), with new cases, as it has recently been the case with some other important composers or singers working for Minos-EMI.

Why would they reprint if they still have in stock, Francois?

For new booklets, amongst other things: I have received re-printed versions of some of Xatzidakis' works, the booklets are magnificent!

Besides, some CDs will include songs that were on LPs but not on the 1st CDs, and some other CDs include songs that were not meant to be printed in the original LP, for example, there's one more track in "Odos Oneirwn".

Let's wait for the new CD version of "50 xronia rebetiko tragoudi". I think they will include all the songs from the LP.

Speaking of booklets and record sleeves, the LP sleeves were much nicer than the CD ones, especially in Greece were they used to be absolutely gorgeous.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0