Geske

People who do not know Dalaras

205 posts in this topic

Re-reading this thread, I have been smiling the whole time. But I started really laughing with this: don't nake another thread. I know it's hot in most places last days, it's Summer ! (just joking, btw, your typing is excellent and I know from professional view).

Anyway, I'm glad to find still so much positive attitude here these days, so new topic or not, I don't care as long as I can find the positive ones, fine by me.

Micki

Καλημερα σας ολους,

πρεπει να κανω φτερα...

But I wanted to have a short look, how the moods are.

Already better, uff. The sun is shining. "See you" on the evening and have a perfect day.

Olga

Francois, I am so sad you do not love Greece, the foundation of the whole world. It's gifts are boundless and are to be treasured for all ages. And there IS more to life than music.

Very hasty conclusion, Pikerni... You know me not... :)

Francois, you may think you know the head (gov't) of my country, but you will never know or understand its heart (the people).

About the second one, you cannot tell, Pikerni! There's one thing I have for sure: I don't have anything against the "American people" itself. But I must say the nicest Americans I met lived in France or Britain or Greece.

As for the head, you know perfectly well that there's not much to think about it (thousands of dead children in Iraq, Death penalty, electoral fraud, Military junta in Chile, Military junta in Greece, Congress electing Hassan II most democratic man of the year :) , poverty, no gun control, racism, extremely violent policemen, etc... The list is very long, as you know...).

The list would be a little shorter for France or Britain, but don't worry, it would be long too...

Francois..........that is only your opinion!!!!!!!!!!!Franz

I insist, Franz: this is not "loving one's country", Franz, this is helping people who need it, and I should suppose you'd have helped people suffering in a country with such disaster if you had been on holiday there, Franz, wouldn't you? (earthquake in Turkey, flood in China e.g.). :)

"my big fat greek weeding"

expected in Holland too... on november 14th :)

About those heads...

Hey, I know that my own head and my own heart very often contradict each other... I guess you all know the feeling? So, maybe it's the same with countries. At least, that's the impression I get: the heart in the right place (good people living in the land), but the head (the governement) not thinking very clearly or generously or whatever.

You know, I've been thinking about going to live in another country again for a while. One of the many things that make me hesitate is this rotten governement we got stuck with - don't like to walk out just now. Silly to think I make a difference, but equally untrue to think I don't... The disadvantage of being able to see both sides: you end up paralized by indecision.

About the floods and other disasters...

Well. :( . So that is what it takes to bring people together and make them help each other?

About the floods and other disasters...

Well. :) . So that is what it takes to bring people together and make them help each other?

Wanting to help and being able to is a world of difference, but I heard a good one today. It goes like this:

"Friends may not be able to pull you up but they will always find a way NOT to let you fall deeper".

And that is what I experienced a lot lately. And it feels good.

Micki

Micki: not to let you fall deeper.... how true, how true. And this is why I wil remember the beginning of August for a longer time.

Not only because of 2002, but because of 1988, when I met people who changed my life very significantly. And that was a time I heard aomething similar.

Geske, don't be surprised: my own brother said at the beginning of that year, it would be able for him to live somewhere in Holland or Belgium. He never, never mentioned a possibilty like this talking to me. So I guess, your lands must be not so badly.

How far away are we still going today from the topic "people, who don;t know Dalaras" to the topic " people, who know prejudices..." But that is a great thing we can discuss a topic like that one here.

Olga,Pikerini, Marian S !

Every country has some to be proud of. And every country has some , not to be proud of. If you have nothing, you are proud of, you loose so much!

We all love G.D. and this web-site. We want to have fun and pleasure here! Let us talk about the things we like!! Bad things we have in everyday life enough!

It happens so much good things in our world, not only bad! If you read a newspaper ,they write for 90 % about bad things. The reason is, it is easier to write that, and it sells better. :(

Our son is back today,and he is OK. That is what counts today. :)

Franz

Since we're of topic anyway ...

In Limburg (region in Belgium), in the local newspaper, they have every year Summer editions. This year it is about immigrants. Every day a person out of Belgium who lives here talks about his/her life here and what they think of Belgium.

There are some things that almost everybody mentions: "it's a rather rich country, good social security, health care, nice cars, ... BUT the people are so cold, individual, and don't really know how to live and have fun in their lives, ... at least not without their luxory. And also something about helping out no matter what help, without returning the favour "

Something to think about, isn't it? Priorities ...

Micki

Franz, Gott sei Dank, doxa Theou.

But we live "even" here, on the Website, our everyday lives, don't we? SEe above.

And still: Kane kouragio, MIcki (remember, who and where is whispering similar words?)

:)

Olgitsa

Glad to hear he's back and OK, but what about the people he helped, Franz? Did he say anything about them?

Glad to hear he's back and OK, but what about the people he helped, Franz? Did he say anything about them?

Until now he said not so much! His way was: Eat.....wash......sleep!!!! :(

Franz

Well, i just read about 4 pages i have missed on this topic.It seems to me that we are way off topic.I personally do not care about Francois screwed up opinions about every other topic other than Dalaras.He is constantly bashing America and blames every problem of the world to America .That his opinion,thats fine,i just dont want to hear it here..I dont really give a shiiit about your opinion of America.Especially on a site dedicated to Dalaras ..Also, Pikerni, i dont care about how ashamed you are about living in America..Its your opinion and you have a right to it but your opinion of America does not mean anything to me.Especially on a Dalaras site..I live in America and it has its flaws and its greatness.Im not here to defend her or to bash her..As i said earlier America has her flaws and her greatness..It would be much better if we stayed on topic and discuss Dalaras and music in general thats what i log on for.If i wanted to discuss politics or other social issues i would find much better sites to do so on.........So, i ask is there anyone that would like to return to the topic here?As Franz said we log on here for DAlaras and music,not for politics..I log on here to get away from the everyday news and politics.Just a thought!!!

Until now he said not so much! His way was: Eat.....wash......sleep!!!! :)

Franz

A well-deserved sleep, no doubt! I hope everything's getting better now in Germany, Franz.

[Thoughts about the one who was extremely rude to me: χυδαιότητα, uncontrolled anger, only because someone has dared to blame America for some of its dreadful deeds I have never been rude to him! Shall I go on with Britain now, or France? This is not the topic But after all Anyway, my initial, my very initial goal was to make something understood about music. Most people have understood what the aim of my reflection and thought was, fortunately. But I am still thinking that someone who thinks my opinion about America is screwed up, that is to say insane would probably have no difficulty to find a good job as an informer for some obscure intolerant South American or South European dictatorship backed up by the US]

My song for tomorrow (even if it is not the topic): AMERICA INSURRECTA.

As i said i am not here to defend, support or bash America,she has her flaws and her greatness...Thats the end of the story !!!Now do you want to discuss Dalaras or this topic ? Your political conspiracy views are unimportant to me.....Or maybe you can open a "i hate America topic" and spew your hatred and venim there.....

People who did not know Dalaras before now...

I went to a birthday party tonight: a dear friend of mine was celebrating her 13th birthday.

I gave her a couple of metres of red-and-gold patterned fabric (she is practicing to be a fashion designer) and a copy of Το Ελληνικό πρόσωπο του Γιώργου Νταλάρα.

She put on the record at once, right there in the big kitchen full of people, children, cats, dogs... To the first song, she commented: 'this is good for meditation exercices'. To the second, her mom started humming along while dishing out cake.

When we got to O Zorikos, they started to dance around the (four metre long) kitchen table.

So now they know Dalaras.

In 1994 I took a friend of mine, who didn't know him at all, to a concert of Dalaras in Brussels. She said: 'Whenever he's back in Belgium, just call me'.

Micki

Francois, let's keep your views other then Dalaras away from this site!

So, no views about anything else but Dalaras? You must be joking! No views about bougatses, about Bellou, about Arvanitaki, about holidays, about birthdays, about trips to Turkey, no "criticism" of Dalaras, no other song of the week other than by Dalaras, no "bad" opinion about America....

I have always spoken my mind and will always do so! :)

a copy of Το Ελληνικό πρόσωπο του Γιώργου Νταλάρα.

Yes, Geeske, this is the best CD to offer to people whom you like very much and who don't know Dalaras...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead