Niki

Ask Dalaras a question

63 posts in this topic

Wow, Dire Straits fans too! I am actually making an attempt to tab all Dire Straits' songs and put them on a web page. I have only completed their first album yet, and I don't have very much time right now, but probably some day in the future, I will succeed.

Oh and it never rains

round here

it just comes pouring down...

I know it's the wrong topic but could you imagine Mark Knopfler and Dalaras singing and playing together??????

No Geeske, it's the right topic!

Ask Dalaras about playing and singing together with Mark Knopfler and his answer would be: YES!!

From an interview (it's in the press office)

"Μου αρέσει πολύ (Sting). Για τον ήχο του, αλλά και για τη γενικότερη στάση του σε διάφορα κοινωνικά ζητήματα. Ξέρω, κάτι τέτοια ξεσηκώνουν κύματα επικρίσεων από ορισμένους, αλλά το προτιμώ από το να βολεύεσαι και να χαριεντίζεσαι με το περιβάλλον σου, τρέφοντας τον εγωισμό και τη ματαιοδοξία σου. Ο Στινγκ με συγκινεί. Αυτός και ο Πήτερ Γκάμπριελ".

Okay, for those who want it: I have an old out-of-time "homepage" with some links that doesn't work and no graphics at all. I also have started to tab (and by that I mean picking out chords to songs, not tabbing solos since that is too much work, also some changes in the official texts have been made to equal what is really sung) Dire Straits songs. I have only tabbed the first album yet and have revised texts for the second and half of the third album, but I will continue to tab whenever I have time (that is, almost never but it happends). I give no guarantee that the chords are correct, and some of them are probably not played by any of the group members separately, but are the altogether chord picture you get when listening to the songs. For what it is worth, here is the page (and please do not laugh at it, I know it is ugly and almost pathetic):

http://hem.passagen.se/dalaras

Well, at least I managed to sneak in SOMETHING good in the page  :cool: .

Andreas

Andresa, if that page is pathetic, it's in the Greek, not the English sense!!! :D

Thank you, soc, for picking out interesting bits from interviews that are still too long for me to decipher entirely.

I would like to know if I understood it correctly, so can someone please pick out the mistakes in my translation? Thank you very much.

"I like him (Sting) a lot. For his sound, but also for his general attitude towards controversial issues of our society. I know, some like that raise waves of criticism among certain people, but I prefer that to making yourself comfortable and having fun with your surroundings, feeding your egoism and vanity. Sting touches me. So does Peter Gabriel."

(you won't believe how long it took me to identify Gabriel under that cloak of Greek letters :D  )

Gabriel.....

It probably took me even longer to identify this name since I'm not too sure who the gentleman might be.......... :)  :blush:

Andreas, I'm very impressed by your choir's repertoire. Some of the titles are unknown to me but if they are as good as the titles  I recognized I deduce that I would probably like them too.

Is it a mixed choir ? How many members? How often do you perform?

I was mostly impressed by the interview he gave to Ταχυδρόμος. I know it's too long to translate but what he says is so interesting. Maybe I am biased but it doesn't happen to me very often, to agree with a public figure so much.

You are perfectly right, soc, it is far too long to translate. I'm only on page 2 of the 7 of my print out... But nothing will stop me. Only, it will take a while.

I raed this part of the Forum for the first time and was laughing by some letters with the whole heart (Niki, Franz, Anna, Geeske... as usual.

The question of me would be: if Kyrios Giorgos could sing one - two - not more as 5 songs in one concert (I know it's cruel), which ones would it be?

I stiill remember our huge problems with the choice to the new CD. I wouldn't be able to decide, almost at all. The two first numbers perhaps: as usual "Mi mou thimoneis" and "pou einai ta chronia". From now, the choice would be more impossible: Michalis, my teacher, brougt me "Gia ta tragoudia kai ego ftaio", 24 real little miracles. I was again dancing and dancing instead of eating my lunch. And now, after I close my computer, I would do it again. As two CD's of Kaiti Chomata are there too. And I was waiting for these recordings σαν τρελλη...

So, the one or two songs, the absolute first ones: which would it be?

Olga

When I chose a song for the CD 3 I realised that it is very painful. There where different songs and each and everyone of them made me feel different things. Τότε είχα πει οτι το να διαλέξεις είναι πολύ δύσκολο, πόσο μάλλον για τον Γιώργο Νταλάρα ο οποίος έχει αγαπήσει τα τραγούδια πολύ περισσότερο από μένα. Είναι όλα παιδιά του και πως μπορεί ένας πατέρας να ξεχωρίσει κάποιο από τα παιδιά του.

In an interview a few days ago George Dalaras said that choosing songs for a concert is really hard. "Δεν το εύχομαι ούτε στον χειρότερο εχθρό μου"

I don't know which songs would he choose or if he would choose at all, του εύχομαι όμως να μην χρειαστεί ποτέ να το κάνει"  

PS. I would like to apologise to Franz and everybody else for writing some sentences in Greek but at that point I couldn't express myself well in english.

Vicky,no need to apologise.As I said I like the greek language so much. It is no problem if every post is in greek,when there is a tranlation,for those who cannot read greek. :D  :D  Franz

Good!!!!! that solves everyone problems. He can sit up there for a week or so and play everything. So, he doesn't have to choose.

Micki tell us your question! And who knows? Maybe you'll get your answer...  :sarcasm:  

BTW, all of you, please tell us... It's impossible not to have questions for Dalaras... So, come on! I'm waiting....   :music:

BTW, all of you, please tell us... It's impossible not to have questions for Dalaras... So, come on! I'm waiting....   :D

Mr Dalaras, let's talk about women...  :D

He'll look at you seriously, with that dark, severe look he has, and raise one eyebrow, and explain:

"You must know how women also succumb to a voice. And what won't they succumb to - the jades! God only knows what goes on inside them! You may be as ugly as sin, lame or a hunchback, but if you've a soft voice and can sing the women completely lose their heads."

(I apologize for not quoting a translation, but Kazantzakis in the original will be beyond my greek for a long time yet... anyway, it's all your own fault, Nikolas, you shouldn't tell innocent barbarians to read such stuff).

I won't tell my first question that came up when this topic was started.

But I have a second one, that relates to the topic 'heart's desire' (last year).

I want to be in a room: Nikolas, Geeske, Micki, Anna, Sarantis, Chris, AnneMarie, Pavlos, Henk, Eleni, (I am really sorry for those I am forgetting), me, Giorgos and a guitar. No mics, no band. Just us.

We ask, he sings, he laughs, he comments on our choices. And that goes on. He doesn't get tired. He enjoys it more than we do. He improvises. He sings songs we would never imagine he would. And the night goes on, and next day. Kind of like a getaway weekend.

And I would ask (if I ever find the courage of course):

"Mr. Dalaras, would you do that for us please ?" Any place any time would be convenient (or I'll make it so).

Micki

That's not a question, that's a request...

You know, if you manage to ask him that, Micki, I'll call you braver than Alexander the Great. Honestly. And as for being there if and when he does it - well, I've got a pretty lively imagination, but it just stops dead in its tracks here. You'd probably have to carry me in.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead