Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
franz averstegge

Some thoughts about the club.

183 posts in this topic

Here's a little timbit.

From the 844 registered members, 512 members have yet to post in this forum a single post. :):)

this is what is called, I think, the "silent majority" .

From the 844 registered members, 512 members have yet to post in this forum a single post. :):)

Who knows? Maybe they are just readers. They log in, read the news - if they are able to read :) - and that's all they need.

Some people are shy, others think they have nothing to offer and finally another party registers "just for fun".

or the latest crave ... Socrates' Fan Club. Dalaras who? I am a fan of Soc now!!  :D

Finally!!!

It was about time.

Seriously now. This subject is getting boring. Everytime there is a wave of new posts or new members coming in, we have the same discussion. I think I am covered by Michael's Gees' and Natalie's posts, although being greek, I shouldn't take sides.

Most seem to have missed Chris' point which was (I think), if you are bothered or don't understand, post yourselves. There is nothing wrong with having two groups of discussions going on at the same time.

I am really sorry for those who don't speak greek or english. They are automatically excluded and that is a shame. But, given that this is, as mentioned several times, a forum about a singer who sings in greek mostly, there is nothing that can be done.

For my dear english speaking friends, I think they are way too fortunate to be able to enjoy some posts in a language they can understand. And they should be greatful to those who make the effort to translate some of what is written, instead of whining. I am not referring to those who have expressed an opinion or a desire or even a wish. But rather to those who believe it is our duty to be imperialized

(since Franz started this new round of discussion, I want to say that I think he is one of the nicest people here, and my post is not a reply to him but rather a general comment because the issue is getting really boring.).

After all, have a look at the translation topic.The work there is beyond doubt the most professional and rich and wonderful invitation to those who don't speak greek. And it's mostly done by non-greeks.

And I will share a moment, not that old, which will help most of us understand what I consider to be the point of this place.

Two years ago I was in Montreal. Place des Arts, and Dalaras was there with Marinella. I was alone, and sitting next to a couple of french speaking Canadians who obviously did not speak greek (I know that because they had just asked me to translate what Dalaras said about the Iraq war) . He was singing Paraponemena logia. Or rather the whole theatre was singing besides him and the couple next to me, since they didn't speak greek. Towards the end of the refrain, she turns to her husband, takes his hand in hers and says:

"Oh mon Dieu....c' est magnifique"

Dear members,

as Greece was still ruling over the almost whole world, the Romans said:

"Graecum est, non potest legi".

Dear Greek members, do not become too restricted by your magnificent language.

The Roman half of the world did not understand you already in the time, as this was the another half of the known universe.

Complain about using of strange languages? The Roman procurator Pontius Pilatus and the Jewish prophet Jesus did not need any translator during their talks.

But this was maybe not the luck of everybody in their lands.

Especially of those, who were not even able to write, but still enjoyed the shepherd's flute on so many meadows, on the hills.

Plus - this may sound provocative - in Jesus' cross itself was written "Jhesus. o basileus ton Judaeon" in even three worldwide used languages: Hebrew, Latin, Greek

Exactly in this order, as John mentiones, who himself was able to write in Greek.

But this was not more the old language of Homer, just a new "koine", created as a really COMMON TOOL OF UNDERSTANDING in the world.

Ceterum censeo, this topic is already soo old and really begins to be boring, paidia.

I would like to say that I'm aware that for people who don't read Greek, the forum has the appearance of being very slow and sleepy at the moment.

It isn't, there is heaps of things going on. Too much, in fact, for me or anyone to translate it all into English. Please remember that it is as hard for the Greek-speaking members to post in English, as for the others to post in Greek, and don't blame them.

there is heaps of things going on.

Although I use babelfish (to try to get almost every thing) I dont see these heaps, but Geeske is from the Netherlands, the flat land, where a crumb is already a heap B)

So, the only heaps I see, are:

-ΕΝΤΥΠΩΣΕΙΣ ΑΠΟ ΠΑΛΙΕΣ ΣΥΝΑΥΛΙΕΣ, impressions from old concerts, the past concerts enumerations, mostly by ΘΑΝΑΣΗΣ ΠΟΛΥΜΗΧΑΝΟΣ. Its nice to read which songs Giorgos Dalaras did at which concert, although I dont understand why the titles have to be written always in BIG letters!? And some Greek members join in and talk about their first or best concert memories. Something the old members did in the beginning of this forum in English. And now our Greek members do.

-At Greek music theres a topic ΞΕΧΑΣΜΕΝΑ ΔΙΑΜΑΝΤΙΑ, Forgotten diamants. Here, also mostly ΘΑΝΑΣΗΣ ΠΟΛΥΜΗΧΑΝΟΣ, and of course with BIG letters- gives listings about CDs which belong to this category. If you dont know which CDs you want to buy next time in Greece, have a look.

-And we had a lot of writing as EKOSTEL left the forum and a lot of members asked her to think it over. Well, she did, returned and another wave of postings for welcome back.

So, to my opinion, not really heaps of things are going on.

I didnt mention the topic Who are the Dalaras fans?. At the moment the live topic in English. ;)

Each relationship, and this forum is something similar, needs time to talk and time to be silent.

And sometimes its better to be silent instead of saying just something.

so many members - but only a few participate.

WHY??????

why did we lose so many members?! why do some members not post as often as they used too? why do some NOT post at all?

I cannot prove it with statistics (Nikolas will know it better), but my personal impression is that there is not less participation than in former times. Always some members disappear (for reasons we usually do not know and sometimes may have a completely private character, as for example lack of time), but others appear instead of them. And the active and regular participation was at any time restricted to a quite small number of members (15, 20??). Of course it would be good if there were more participation, but I do not think that the situation became worse compared to former times.

i'm even more disappointed that one or two members in this Community have NO respect for NOONE but themselves!!!!

this is NOT about Dalaras!!! it's about their twisted views and they're attempts to brainwash us and take control of this forum!!!

why must their replies be insulting and offensive? why do they belittle us like this?

Answer: the power; and the belielf that they are more intelligent than us!!!!

Let's assume that your position is right (though I do not think so):

If these one or two persons (whoever you may refer to) can have such effects on the Forum, if they are able to confuse so much the others (= the vast majority), these one or two persons must indeed have much (psychological) power (something I cannot imagine), or they say some things whose essence makes the others feeling nervous and uncomfortable. But to say such things is not automatically something bad. B)

to the members i say this: we have worked hard to make this site - the best! let's NOT lose the high standards that we believe in and see our work go to shame!!!!

I am also a supporter of high standards. But different points of view and a discussion about them do not (or better: would not) automatically mean the loss of high standards. The opposite: To my mind plurality and variety create higher standards than full harmony in all subjects. That here in the Forum there is usually no discussion about different opinions but aggression and attack is another question.

:wow: Anna? Do you mean I was exaggerating? :blink: Me?? Exaggerating?? :wow:B);):wow: :wow:

You are right of course, compared to the Golden Age of this forum it's still very quiet at the moment. But it's been a lot worse.

One thing I'd like to add to your list, that I enjoy reading, is all newspaper stuff.

Having to spend all my working hours at the computer, I don't go surfing through newspapers much, so I really appreciate VERY much the trouble people take to find articles and post them here where I can find them, print them, and read them comfortably over my morning coffee. Like that Kimoulis interview from the Cypriot newspaper - I was itching to go and translate it, but I simply can't afford the time... and I'm not sure anyone would be interested, considering that the whole Oidipous thing is in Greek.

One thing that I miss, is that people used to ask me to translate this or that song for them, but it's been ages since anyone did... except Franz some weeks back, and that song was so Cypriot that I got stuck :wow::wow:

You are right of course, compared to the Golden Age of this forum it's still very quiet at the moment.

I do not know which period of the past should have been the "Golden Age" compared with now. Without mentioning names, we have now certain members who give us with their knowledge more information about Dalaras and Greek music in general that we ever had before. (From the former active members perhaps only Francois can be compared with them.) From this point of view I would even say that the "Golden Age" is now.

And to my mind it is not quiet at all here at the moment. Only for members who do not speak Greek the Forum's "Golden Age" may indeed have been more in the past when the Greek language was less dominant than today. But that's another question already discussed several times ...

PS:

And something else:

We have now various topics who deal with substantial issues concerning Dalaras, his songs, concerts, Greek records in general etc. On the other hand we have topics (like "Who are the Dalaras fans?") where the emotions are dominating (either we like the result or not: as I wrote in this topic, it is highly interesting from a sociological [perhaps for others also from a psychological] point of view). I think this is a good mixture. ;)B)

What's going on this site is only natural and acceptable (except for occasional war of egos which is natural - alas - but not acceptable). Old members have already exchanged their stories, shared opinions about old songs, and it is not so often that new songs appear (although many are very anxious to have more new songs to discuss). Then the old members either started coming just for news about concerts, or gravitated to the Greek section, immersed into translations, research, etc. which is all very useful and respectable.

As for the sociology - it is also natural that not everyone finds it interesting (meaning get to know someone who is different from myself). Many look for something like "alter ego" which rarely materializes.

I also find a mixture interesting, and then don't like myself that much to look for an "alter ego) :D

Cultural mentality also exists: e.g. in American English "different" sounds like a warning meaning "dangerous, better stay away". While in Greek diafora means "difference", and endiaferomai - "interested in". Well, Greeks had enough time to accumulate wisdom in their language...

Επομένως, πράματα και θάματα γίνανε! :D

Συγχαρητήρια στο Forum και τα μέλη του! Και στα επόμενα 100.000 μηνύματα με πολλά και καλά νέα

Μπράβο σε όλους μας!

Προσωπικά νοιώθω μιά περηφάνια για όσα συμβαίνουν εδώ σε αυτό το Forum απο ανθρώπους που ζούν στα τέσσερα σημεία του κόσμου.Γιώργος Νταλάρας,αλλά και τραγούδια,απόψεις,διαφωνίες,συγκινήσεις και χαρές.

Να είμαστε καλά να τριπλασιάσουμε τα μηνύματα που ήδη υπάρχουν.

Πάμε ολοταχώς για τα 1.000.000 posts! :D

Έχω έναν προβληματισμό και θα ήθελα να τον μοιραστώ μαζί σας (γιατί δεν είναι η πρώτη φορά που με απασχολεί το συγκεκριμένο θέμα) και να μου πείτε τη γνώμη σας.

Χθες, ολόκληρη τη μέρα στο topic με τα videos έγινε μια μεγάλη συζήτηση σχετικά με το θρυλικό δίσκο "Μικρά Ασία"...Κάποιοι άνθρωποι μάλιστα κοντέψαμε να μαλώσουμε μεταξύ μας, επειδή έτυχε να διαφωνούμε για το αν σε ένα τραγούδι ακούγεται ο Φέρτης ή ο Κούρκουλος ή για το αν υπάρχουν 2 ή 3 εκτελέσεις των "Ζεϊμπέκηδων"....

Δεν είναι όμως το θέμα μου αυτό...Προσπαθώντας να αποδείξω κάποια πράγματα, ανέβασα στο rapidshare, ένα απόσπασμα από μια παλιά εκπομπή του Γιώργου Τσάμπρα. Το απόσπασμα αυτό το οποίο περιείχε κάποιες σημαντικές λεπτομέρειες για την ιστορία του δίσκου, "κατέβηκε" 3 φορές... Μόνο 3 άνθρωποι δηλαδή είχαν την περιέργεια να το ακούσουν. Θα μου πείτε πως λίγο παρακάτω από τα γραφόμενά μου, φαινόταν περίπου ποιο είναι το νόημα αυτών που ακούγονταν στο ηχητικό ντοκουμέντο...

Σε αντίθεση με το φάκελο με τις φωτογραφίες από τη βραδιά του Τσακνή στο "Δίπλα στο Ποτάμι", τον οποίο κατέβασαν 24 άτομα....

Ξέρετε πως στο rapidshare υπάρχει η δυνατότητα να δεις πόσες φορές έχει κατέβει ένα αρχείο....

Κι έρχομαι τώρα και σκέφτομαι....

Έγινε ολόκληρη κουβέντα για έναν από τους ιστορικότερους δίσκους του Γιώργου Νταλάρα και της ελληνικής δισκογραφίας και ουσιαστικά, πέρα από 3-4 άντε 5 ανθρώπους και άλλους 2 με τους οποίους μιλούσαμε στο τηλέφωνο κάνα δίωρο, προσπαθώντας να βρούμε μιαν άκρη, ουσιαστικά δεν απασχόλησε κανέναν...

Σε αντίθεση από το ενδιαφέρον που προκάλεσαν μερικές απλές και πρόσφατες φωτογραφίες...

Προς Θεού, δεν υποβαθμίζω τις φωτογραφίες, ούτε έχω τίποτα μ'αυτές...Ίσα, ίσα...

Δεν τρελλαίνομαι όμως με μια φωτογραφία όσο μ'ένα τραγούδι ή μ'ένα ιστορικό ντοκουμέντο, ο Νταλάρας για μένα είναι πρώτα η φωνή του και τα τραγούδια του....

Αλλά τόσο αδιαφορία για την ιστορία ρε παιδιά;

Δεν κατάλαβα τον προβληματισμό και τι μπορεί να γίνει για να αλλάξει αυτό που θίγεις. Έχει σχέση με το rapidshare;

Δεν ζήτησα να αλλάξει κάτι ούτε έχει σχέση με το rapidshare...

Ο προβληματισμός μου έγκειται στο ότι μερικές πρόσφατες φωτογραφίες, προκάλεσαν τόσο μεγάλο ενδιαφέρον σε σχέση με κάτι που είχε να κάνει με έναν από τους ιστορικότερους δίσκους της ελληνικής δισκογραφίας...

Αυτό ήταν το νόημα...Μια γνώμη ζήτησα, όχι να αλλάξει κάτι απαραίτητα....

Μήπως το έβαλα σε λάθος topic;

Α! ΟΚ! Νόμιζα οτι ήταν κάτι που ήθελες να αλλάξουμε!

Ναι συμφωνώ μαζί σου ότι αυτή η συζήτηση παρουσίασε μεγαλύτερο ενδιαφέρον, αλλά δεν μπορείς να περιμένεις όλοι να δείχνουν το ίδιο ενδιαφέρον για κάτι που ενδιαφέρει εσένα.

E, ναι αυτό είναι που δεν καταλαβαίνω, γιατί να ενδιαφέρει μόνο εμένα κι άλλους 4-5 που στο τέλος θα καταντήσουμε οι γραφικοί της υπόθεσης...

(κι εσύ μέσα στους γραφικούς, μην ξεχνιόμαστε).

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0