ΘΑΝΑΣΗΣ ΠΟΛΥΜΗΧΑΝΟΣ

George Dalaras Rembetiko 2014 In Europe

92 posts in this topic

Δεν ξέρω πώς αντιμετωπίζουν οι ξένοι τους δικούς τους καλλιτέχνες. Τον δικό μας πάντως τον αντιμετωπίζουν με αγάπη και -κυρίως- σεβασμό. Εδώ στην ψωροκώσταινα είμαστε μίζεροι στα καλά λόγια και πολύ εύκολοι στη μιζέρια.

3 people like this

H συναυλια χθες ηταν πολυ συγκινητικη με ενα προγραμμα που συγκεκριμενα εμενα με διασκεδασε απιστευτα! Ο κοσμος ορθιος στο τελος τον χειροκροτουσε! Ενα ολοκληρο θεατρο! Μεγαλες στιγμες.. Μετα την σημερινη συναυλια θα γραψω αναλυτικα μολις βρω λιγο χρονο και ελαφρως ξεκουραστω...

9 people like this

The show in Amsterdam was absolutely fantastic!!!! I will write a complete report tomorrow evening or on Sunday because I have to work early tomorrow ;-)

EDIT: one small thing before I forget  B)  mr Matsikas had been playing so vigorously that near the end of the show just before the encores I noticed one of the strings on his bouzouki had snapped. And then he had to play a solo  :razz:

4 people like this

Τυχαία βρέθηκε φίλος μου στις Βρυξέλλες που δεν ανήκει στους ακροατές του Νταλάρα, ούτε όμως είναι αρνητικός απέναντί του. Μου έκανε εντύπωση ο ενθουσιασμός του μετά τη συναυλία. Και αυτό που εντυπωσίασε πολύ και εκείνον είναι η αγάπη και η αποθέωση του κόσμου του εξωτερικού απέναντι στον Νταλάρα. Νομίζω ότι αυτό είναι κάτι που όποιος από εμάς έχει δει συναυλία έξω μπορεί να το επιβεβαιώσει και μάλιστα με απόλυτη υπερηφάνεια. 

Kάποια βίντεο από Βρυξέλλες: 

10 people like this

Δεν το πιστεύω!!! Ελίνα, η Αθηνά Λαμπίρη άκουσε το σχόλιο μου στη συζήτησή μας!!!  :)  :)  :giggle:

Πολύ χαίρομαι!

Συγγνώμη για το off topic post! 

1 person likes this

Εντάξει, as promised, the full report on the Amsterdam Carré show.

A nice highlight for me: I finally met Alona! Thank you for our small but nice conversation!

As said, the evening was just fantastic. Although it started 15 minutes late… Very Greek, I suppose, but the audience got impatient and started to yell and clap (but in a good way, just eager for the show to start). Of course a lot of Greeks in the audience, but even more Dutch folk music lovers!

When the show finally started and Giorgo, Aspasia and Athina came on stage, they (but of course especially Giorgo) were greeted with an applause that lasted almost half a minute! Giorgo seemed truly touched and humbled, and after the first song, Kaixis, he thanked the audience by saying: “This is a great gift, thank you, thank you very much!”

Noticeable was the great sound! Crisp, crystal clear and warm (like Giorgo’s voice :razz: ) and it suited the show perfectly. Carré had a completely new sound system installed just last week, and it was being used just for the second time.  I was able to listen to almost the whole show without needing earplugs (which I usually do need at concerts, due to a painful intolerance to loud, high noises in my left ear). And the lighting was equally great. Very simple but effective, warm, at times exciting and really supporting the show. I believe partly thanks to a friend of mine who is the light technician at Carré  :naughty:

I was very impressed by Aspasia Stratigou. Her voice has become more mature and her singing technique is fantastic. The duets of her with Giorgo were just perfect and the colour of their voices forms a brilliant combination.

And then of course I must say something about Giorgo. But what to say… It always amazes me how he enters everyones heart and soul when he starts to sing. He was smiling almost the entire time on stage, every now and then joking around with Andreas and Dasho. As always not extremely talkative but that’s ok! I much rather hear him sing ;) He did tell a couple of stories, one (I think, am I right Alona?) prior to Saltadoros, again about Anna Leverkouzen. He also said something about it being a song from the crisis which I am sure had some double meaning because of the way he said it  ;)

In the beginning of the evening I thought he sounded a tiny bit hoarse, but as the evening progressed fortunately it disappeared.

We had the enormous luxury of receiving three encores: Synnergiasmeni Kyriaki, Mi Mou Thimoneis and Tis Aminis Ta Paidia. The theatre almost exploded with all the singing, clapping, whistling and dancing. A true celebration and fitting end to a concert of 2 hours and 15 minutes!

Three small points of critique:

- We couldn’t see Vasilis Korakakis singing, because Aspasia was sitting right in front of him…

- Although Athina was good, I didn’t find her a vocal match to Aspasia and Giorgo. The same goes for Vasilis. Good, but not great.

- I liked the very ‘small’ song Athina did just after the break, when she accompanied herself on guitar. I would have liked to see Giorgo do something like that, instead of every song with full orchestra.

Unfortunately, I’ve got no great photos (or videos) to share with you. I tried, but after I took a couple of photos someone from Carré approached me and told me it wasn’t allowed. A little weird, because everyone was taking pictures…  So I did take some, but they’re not great. So you (and I) have to wait for Alona  ^_^

In the meantime I still can't stop smiling  :D

8 people like this

The song itself is about the "inventive" way in which the Greeks tried to struggle their hardships under the German occupation during WWII, jumping behind the german trucks stealing things to keep alive, especially the reserve wheels, from which they probably made shoes, but the song's spirit fits very well also in this current crisis. Its exactly how Dalaras explained the Rembetiko in that Belgian interview, its a song with a wink, with a bit of fun. It wasva special dedication and a nice gesture towards a dedicated fan. Bravo Anna!

I totally agree with you about the sound. It was absolutely perfect exactly like Unplugged should sound. I could hear every instrument in a crisp and clear way. Terrific concert on home ground.

The photos will come on Monday as I still miss my laptop :(

5 people like this

I was thinking in the right direction then ;) Thanks!

Thank you, Lisanne και Μάρω!Ειδικά για τις θετικές εντυπώσεις που αποκόμισε ο φίλος σου.

Σοφία, δυστυχώς επαναλήφθηκε στο Άμστερνταμ. ;)

1 person likes this

Άμστερνταμ.Πρακτορείο NUfoto.

http://www.nufoto.nl/fotos/455511/george-dalaras-treedt-op-in-carre.html

Κι αυτή από το ίδιο πρακτορείο

http://www.nufoto.nl/fotos/455509/george-dalaras-treedt-op-in-carre.html

5 people like this

Ευχαριστούμε πολύ και για τις φωτογραφίες και για τις εντυπώσεις!!! :walkman:  :walkman:  :walkman:

Thank you very much,Alona!

1 person likes this

Γειά σου Μάτσικα με τις όμορφες πενιές σου

7 people like this

Αλονα σ'αγαπωωωωωω....  :D  :D  :music_singguitar:  ;) 

1 person likes this

Όπως λένε και οι Κατσιμίχα...Άμα μου λύσετε αυτή την απορία τότε δε θα'χω αντίρρηση καμιά!

Στο μη μου θυμώνεις μάτια μου τόσα χρόνια ακούω το στίχο ( και με γλυκό χαμόγελο η  και με πικρό χαμόγελο).

Αν παρατηρήσετε εδώ στο πρώτο ρεφραίν ο Νταλάρας λέει και με πικρό χαμόγελο και δεν είναι η πρώτη φορά.

Οι στίχοι βέβαια που έχω διαβάσει λένε και με γλυκό, εκτός και αν υπάρχουν και άλλοι που λένε με πικρό.

Αν ξέρει κάποιος ας βοηθήσει.

melmac, στις 3 πρώτες εκτελέσεις τουλάχιστον (με χορωδία ΦΕΜ, Πουλόπουλο και Νταλάρα) ο στίχος λέει "με γλυκό χαμόγελο". Προφανώς το ίδιο ισχύει και στις πάνω από 20 δισκογραφημένες εκτελέσεις που υπάρχουν.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead