Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Niki

Ζυγός 2002

165 posts in this topic

Hi, I got back very late on Monday night and spent yesterday in bed as I had been sick since Saturday and it caught up with me (and all the late nights - two nights Dalaras and one night Mitropanos), so have only just read everything quickly.

I will put my thoughts later when my head is clearer, but is was so wonderful and it was great to meet everyone.  Hope we can all do it again real soon ;)  :wow:  :wow:  :)  :)  :music:

My thanks to Niki for arranging the table both nights - haha, and of course to Nikolas, who introduced us all :)

Saranti, I'm sure that Lynne asked Dalaras for an autograph with your name on it!  ;)

Just got home and reading the posts, I'll have to read them all over again because I'm still dazzling (if that's the right word, to lazy now to look it up). I'll post my story later (my handwriting has become terrible writing about this so it probably takes a short while).

To all I've met I want to say, it was a great great pleasure. Oh I'm a little out of words to describe this now (but that you all know by now I think  ;) . Just the silent type.

And Nikolas, I didn't leave Athens, all record shops are out of Dalaras now, if you wonder what I've been doing, and of other CD's as well.

This has been the most musical  :wow: holiday ever for me.

Thank you all very very much and I'm saving for London.

Micki

To all members who have been in Zygos last weekend. We the members who don't where in Zygos want to know everything that happens there!! When does it start? When does it end? How have you recognize each other,because I think some meet for the first time?How many people listened to the concert? I don't think that it was the last club-meeting,what do you think about a club-badge,for recognizing each other??         Franz

First two days of my holidays. I'm still writing (what I love doing) and I know most of it has been said already. I just post anyway to give you my impressions (and besides this is a story that seems to have no end, I could keep on writing).

Here it comes :

21rst March

Finally, holidays, a break from all the hassle here. I know it will still be here but I promised myself not to take it with me to Athens.

Waiting for my plane in Zaventem, delay, time for a coffee and a smoke. And me, who is always cold (born in the wrong country probably) didnt feel any cold yet today.

Than the plane leaves. Greek people and the Greek language all around me, beautiful.

Plane takes of and I see the airport getting smaller and smaller with the small matchbox cars and the αεροπλανάκια on the ground.

And before I know an other airport gets bigger and bigger and YES Im here, in Athens where its going to happen !

Luggage, finding bus and than stuck in traffic. And just when I arrive in my hotel, Lynne calls me, what a warm voice. I unpack, still dont know whether to meet (tired you know) but Im too excited and unpacking takes not long now. I call Lynne and Im off to Zygos (well, in front of that is).

And there they are. Geeske remembered me from Amsterdam. I meet Lynne and Niki and Apostoli (both I remembered from the pictures they posted). And they are talking and talking about music and Dalaras and everything I dont know. I just kept listening (sorry for my silence but I do enjoy listening to interesting conversations). First ouzo (yes, I couldnt do without).

And they said they saw Andreatos going in and were waiting for Dalaras to enter. And he did. One moment of silence. Lynne came with the great idea of trying to get a table tonight. And than Anna arrived. Convincing her to join us was not too hard. And Im glad she joined us. And then Astron arrived. I have to say it again, you Greek people are really amazing good looking people.

This is an amazing night, surprising, oh there are no words for it.

The young girl was so good, just brilliant. Imagine, twelve years old and such a voice, such a talent, and such a sweet smile when she gets the applaud she deserves.

Others have already mentioned the names of the songs. Many I didnt know. Niki explained that they were older songs and also from other singers. Apostolis really was in the mood. Well, everybody was of course. And, as you all have read by now, we managed to meet him. The Greek people took us backstage. Lynne started with asking an autograph for Sarantiis. And than we all got one, precious souvenir, very precious.

22nd March

The morning after, my God, did I drink too much yesterday? Im up all night, wont tell you the details but .

Probably to less sleep and food, too much to drink and too much heaven in Zygos. But I manage to feel better when I meet Lynne, Anna again and Kate who just arrived, guess where we meet ? Right, good answer.

Anna, thank you so much for the nice picture.

And the weather still is fine, warm in fact. Im sockless (we all were, sorry Geeske to use your joke but I cannot come up with any better one and in fact it isnt even meant to be a joke).

After a light lunch we each go our way to meet again with other members in the evening. Good choice of restaurant (Annas choice), with all kinds of pictures of all kinds of people that I dont know, one of course I do. We meet again and Annette joins us, we hadnt seen her yet. Is she a remarkable person or what? Cannot help it but I find her so coquette (she left her husband in the hotel to meet us, well that is what she said ;) ).

After dinner we went with a few (Anna, Lynne, Kate and me) for a coffee at our - what you could say usual meeting place. And I keep on being amazed what everybody knows. Where do they get the time? Are they born with this knowledge?

I just want to say something about the postings. We talked a little about what posts can mean. About that they are words on a screen, you never really know if somebody is angry or not, what mood he/she is in, even when you put in smileys. Because the angry smiley is also used as a joke sometimes. So please people to understand each other on the forum and this meeting really helps to find out more how people feel when they post.

Micki

Not a badge..As i have recommended to Nikola...An official Dalaras Club T-shirt....For signed up Dalaras Club members ..I spoke to Nikola about this a few months ago and i have a t-shirt company that i know who can make these.Maybe Nikola does as well...We just need to follow thru with it and have members who want one ,buy one...what does eneryone else think about this Dalaras Club T-shirt idea??

Lovely members hi,

It was really an unexpected experiance meeting all of you for the first time in Zygos last Saturday!!! As for the performance it has already mentioned from the rest of you but one thing I could say for sure is that it was to short for me I couldn't belive that 2:30 HE left the stage.....

I'd like to thank's  Niki once more for all the arrangements and I hope see all of you soon and also those who didn't managed to come this time!

Guitarist ! it's OK we understand the difficulty to remember things so many years ago but unfortunatly we don't know the godmother of Georgianna  ;)

Many thanks to all of you

23rd March.

I have breakfast, missed out on it yesterday. The place is full of schoolkids, no table free so I just sit at the corner of one where three chairs are still free. A gorgeous teacher comes to sit there too, he has problems with opening his milk thing for his coffee. Good thing that I already finished breakfast and can leave because I just feel I will start laughing looking at this cute picture.

I meet Lynne at our corner and we go to the museum of Musical instruments to meet Kate and visit the museum. Very nice museum, you can hear the music of the instruments on headphones. Amazing it is.

Lynnes throat is sore but she manages all weekend long. And the weather is not so warm anymore. So a good excuse to rest a little and get ready for the big evening.

And then we meet. When I arrive Lynne and Anna are already there waiting and the boys (I dont remember very well who was there first). Anyway, slowly most come in and we are having a drink. Geeske and Niki arrive and we start signing the oranges, Annette comes in, and Kate, George and Vivi, Guitarist and his girlfriend, and some make pictures. For a reason I first dont know some start laughing so hard. It seems that I was colouring my hair in the coffee beans behind me, trying to step backwards as far as I could to get everybody on the picture.

And than we get in. Not the best table and seats, well its nobodys fault. Important is we are there. Apostolis father arrives (Apostoli warned us that this time his father would be in the mood more than him). And Eleni arrives, what a nice young woman she is, really and very beautiful too. And she is attentive. She asks if I arrived well in my hotel (I was asking her before about buses). And Nikolas arrived. He says hello to everybody and forgot me. Suddenly he sees someone who he hasnt been greeting. Haha, you forgot me but I got a kiss (in fact two). And HE told me Micki you really speak too much as a :wow: . Annette says I amaze her, well between writing and talking is a world of difference. But Annette is amazing too, what a gracefull lady. She came up with the idea to give Nikolas a diploma for best webmaster. Which was indeed an excellent idea. And she handed to him.

And Anna, dear Anna saves my from embarrassment (I dont really have a problem with my silence, my friends are used to it that I dont speak so much, besides once I start  but than we would have to meet again and again ) by telling that in a group there is always somebody who is more silent. Somebody has to do it ;) .

And than it starts again. And the young girl amazes me again. Dalaras is more relaxed, makes jokes, he is really enjoying the concert. Please read the names of all songs in Nikis post (btw excellent report girl, you amaze me at such a young age, with so much maturity and abilities). I enjoy the concert, I enjoy watching the people, the atmosphere, and to be sure for next night I dont drink so much anymore.

And in the end, he sings especially for Anna Μια βραδιά στο Λεβερκούσεν. And Dalaras looks in her direction and some of us get up and start dancing. Now, if there is one thing I can forget (almost) everything by it is dancing.

Outside again, Dalaras disappears quickly, probably too many people waiting, but we met him on Thursday and we have this lovely souvenir.

We go for a short while to Syntagma, talk a little and than everybody goes his/her own way, home, to the hotel. And for those who still will be in Athens and can join us we will meet on Sunday again for lunch.

This was the most important part of my holidays. Im really so glad to be able to meet you all who were there and I missed who were not but still were on my mind and I believe on everybodys mind.

Αποστολι, σου ευχαριστω για το κeιμενο σου!! Its easy enough and I can understand most of it.

Μια μεγαλη αγγαλια for you and your father. If my father and me had been there, we would, I am  absolutely sure, have done the same: embracing....  (Annemarie, thanks you wrote it)

Niki, thanks for sooo detailed infos about  meeting Mbifikotzis!

What is exactly the quotation under your texts now?

Congratulations for those who got the autographs!

Who could have any recordings of Aretoula Ketimes voice then?

And now I got already the Dalaras-Advanced adjective, I like it more as Starter....

But the music is for today the other one: Bach: Violin concertos and St. Matthew Passion. My other loves.

Olga

I don't where to put this but I'll do it here. A friend of mine just let me know that the Belgians lost the football game against the Greeks. She asked what I have been doing with the Greeks that they played so well.

Well, there were times that the members didn't meet  :wow:   ;) .

Micki

I am going to read the whole later, as usual, but Micki,yes: dazzling would be, I think, a good word (Kate, would you confirm it, please?) . Don't forget, in the double CD-Album "Ultimate Collection" the same English  word was given for "Ta bengalika soy matia", by the way,  the only song of Giorgo I am REALLY afraid of. As I heard it for the first time, one year ago exactly, I had two completely sleepless nights. I have already a degree in literature  - and I know a lot of music -  and I knew Dalaras music for so long time  - but it was really a shock. The opposite pole to "Mi mou thimoneis"; the song I would like to escape from.

Greetings!!

Olga

Hey Micki, I was in the stadium where Hellas and Belgium had a soccer match. There were 100 belgian supporters, where were you?  ;)  

About the T-Shirt: Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Nikola: You drove the whole Greece twice in 2 days! How was it?? How was the return to Alexandroupoli (or to Komotini) ??

I still remember how 'lost' you were after driving 1000km in one day, waw! But then, the wine and the good company woke you up! Thanks again for being with us!

Let's organize it!! Let's make T-shirts about Dalaras Club!! Great idea!

Some impressions of the rest of my staying in Athens.

24th March

Again, the morning after, lucky for me, not sick anymore. I go out for a walk and a coffee (missed breakfast) and than the weather starts getting worse and worse. But I'm meeting the others for lunch so I go on. I meet Kate and we walk to the 'corner' where I'm supposed to meet Lynne.

We run into Anna and together we wait for Lynne, no walking this time, too many cats and dogs. We take the metro. The restaurant is very full but we found a table and than Geeske joined us and after a while also Eleni.

Kate is leaving us after lunch, first goodbye. Lynne is going back to the hotel, she's a little sick and wants to rest before we go to see Mitropanos.

And than Eleni invites us to her place and I'm glad I did go (I was so wet from all those cats and dogs and wanted to change clothes) because we had a very nice time, Eleni, Anna, Geeske and me. And Eleni, my coffee will never taste the same anymore, only better. Another goodbye when we leave, to Eleni now.

From there we go back to meet Lynne and Niki for the concert. Anna is leaving us now, the group is getting smaller and smaller.

And than we went for the Mitropanos concert, well I've really no words for that except for a new discovery. Lynne sings the whole time, Niki and Lynne laugh about a kind of joke Mitropanos makes, about his belly.

After the concert, we go for a coffee and than again goodbyes, to Niki and Geeske.

In spite of the rain, I have had a really nice Sunday. I'm glad I did the things I did today and I was in good company.

25th March

Nice day again, it stopped raining, I meet Lynne for lunch and now she has almost no voice anymore. We walk around a little, have a coffee and than lunch and talk about the past weekend, our jobs (nice conversation subject on holidays ;) isn't it?), etc ...

It is crowdy everywhere, holiday, after the parade, people go for a drink or a meal or both. We do find a nice place to eat, good food and we have almost no wind here, yet still sitting outside.

Oh well, time passes by so quickly, now I have to say goodbye to Lynne and I'm on my own. I walk around just a little but I have more than enough impressions to write about and this night, I will have an early night, very early.

26th March

My last day. First I go to the museum of Theatre (after a huge breakfast, I missed two because of the short nights). And it is very interesting. I don't know so many names of Greek actors. Several dressing-rooms are exposed like Melina Mercouri's, Maria Callas, Kiveli, Eleni Papaki, and others, ...

And than the rest of the day to find music and did I find music, far too much for my wallet. I'm so richly poor now.

In the evening I go to the same restaurant, that I went to with Lynne on Monday and when I want to leave, I see Geeske sitting again in front of Zygos with Gazakas. And again, I'm amazed about all the knowledge, especially the young ones. It must be DNA, no other possibility.

And it is Geeskes birthday, so congratulations and THREE kisses are in order here. Last time goodbyes after a short but interesting meeting and than I go back, packing, shower, tv, smoke, looking for lyrics in my CD's ... I'm still in a kind of excitement, don't sleep very much and slowly it becomes the 27th.

27th March

Have to leave early for my plane to catch. Should I try to miss it? I really would like it. But I have to go back to work, earn some money again for my next holidays.

The sun is shining in Belgium, it's cold but sunny. And I'm still excited. Trying to write a little and slowly it becomes a story.

I'm happy.

I know  a company that can make them and i have a few designs in my head..I can send proofs to Nikola to look at and aprove if he wants.....It would not be a difficult thing to do.

Example: on the front it can have a concert photo of Dalaras on stage (i have a few in mind)and under the pic it can say Dalaras Club member .On the back of the shirt it can say Dalaras.com.....Free advretizing for the site!!!  The shirt would be high quailty 100% cotton..What better way to recognize your fellow Dalaras Club memebers at a concert or on the street.....We may even find a way to get one to Georgo!!!  he,he,he

Sarantis...... A T-shirt is ok, but not every member like to wear a T-shirt. A small Club-badge and a T-shirt is better.So everyone can take what She/He wants.  Franz ;)  :D

Let's stop the discussion about tshirts and let's go back to the topic: Zygos 2002!!

I started late with the photos, but just in time when Dalaras decided to put the baglama away...

post-3-47773-1.jpg

...and took the bouzouki!

And I really hope someone will tell the name of this song!

post-3-47891-2.jpg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0