NikosDalarovios

Dalaras together with?

167 posts in this topic

Ntalaras has worked with many other singers in his career. With which singer (that he has never worked with in the past) would you like to see Ntalaras together on the stage in the future? :cool:

It is well known the relation of Ntalaras and Haroula Alexiou. It is also known that they have not worked together for at least the past ten years. I would love to see them together as they are both now at the highest point of their career and they have great voices. It would be hugh success.

Another artist that I would like to see with Ntalaras is Kostas Chatzis. Chatzis voice has a bit of magic and his songs are so real and so simple that they would fit I believe perfectly to Ntalaras. They could produce a very interesting douet!

Looking foreward to your replies guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikos,so many names in the posts, but no one talks about Nana Mouskouri. She has such a wonderfull voice.I like her so much.I would like to hear her sing, with the best voice G. Dalaras!  Franz

I would love for Dalaras to once again perform with Basilis Papakonstantinou.  Their work together 10 years ago is classic.  Although Dalaras has stayed away from the rock scene (per say), I would love to see them in action again.  Also The Katsimixas Brothers, Parios (would be awesome), and Antonis Bardis. :music:

well Katsimicha brothers are my favourites after Dalaras

Unfortunately Haris won't sing live again

Franz are you sure you don't like them ?

I mean how many songs of them do you know?

I know it is very hard to see this, but a concert of Dalaras with Bob Dylan would be wonderful

Alexandre no, he is fine...

We 've discussed about it in an older thread

check "Haris and Panos Katsimichas concert" in the "Past concerts" (entiposis apo sinavlies) forum. Read pages 1 and 2 and you 'll understand

Geeske,Astron, maybe I wrote to early. I know the Katsimichas brothers only together with Dalaras. Then they loose against G.D. I think I must hear more from them. I take the post back.           Franz

:razz:

Franz, that is a VERY REAL problem.

Most singers' voices seem to "disappear" rather when you hear them next to Dalaras! It's even harder for the men, than the women.

Listen up people

Here's an after thought

From when Dalaras released his "Mi Milas" cd  about 12 years ago now

(Geese o Peaks  how time flies)!!!:D

Gloria Estefan was also in her peak of fame with Rhythm's going to get you tonight'  and other songs from that cd era.

What do you guys think of a colloboration between the two of them singing together. George Dalaras & Gloria Estefan?

I doubt they would sound good singing english since Dalaras has a strong Greek Accent and likewise Gloria would not sound good attempting to sing in Greek either for she would have a hard time in doing so with her having a  heavy Cuban/American accent in her voice.

So,

that would only allow them to sing in Spanish then.

Personally, I think the two of them would be a smashing hit for them to sing something in Latin together whether it being traditional or Modern Latin music.:D

Now what do you think?

Any here oppose?

Gosh, I hope not

but then there are those who well

No comment

Christo,

You're right it would certainly make an interesting combination!

But my choice would still be Demetris Mitropanos, as his voice is as strong as Dalaras and if they sung the right song I believe it would be amazing.

Christo, it would be a really good combination. Taking into account also this wonderful latin cd that Dalaras made, it would have great success.

Lynne I also agree with you. Mitropanos is one of the very few singers that sings with his soul.

He also has a common characteristic with Ntalaras. Although he mainly sings laika, he take risks in his career that are really succesfull. Examples of such risks, work with Mahairitsas and work with Thanos Mikroutsikos.

A kid's dream: Dalaras and Mouskouri singing together "sigana kai nostalgika tragoudia" the way Alexiou and Galani did it 20 years ago with "Ta tragoudia tis hthesinis meras". But it's only a kid's dream, as Mouskouri's voice has changed a terrible lot, unfortunately.

No, Niki, I haven't. Which one is it?

The only song that I have heard by Mouskouri and that was first sung by Dalaras was taken from "Mikra Asia". That was when I was a student, during a concert with Mouskouri herself. During that concert, she also sang "I simaia" from "Paramithi choris onoma" by Hadjidakis. The bouzouki player was Diamandis Panaretos who was Sotiria Bellou's favourite bouzouki player.

At this period I am listening very often to a recent cd of Alkinoos Ioannidis ( live concert). I find the songs great and his voice unique and I wish once to see him on stage with Ntalaras!

Another singer that I am listening to this period, is Yannis Kotsiras. Again his songs are great, very simple and very original,( i am not sure if he writes the songs) and again I wish to see Ntalaras and Kotsiras taking their guitars (as simple as that) and start singing together. ;)

I was listening to Sting singing Desert Rose earlier today.

There is a chance that they might... isn't there?

I do think their voices go so well together.

What I know Geeske is that when Sting came in Athens to give a concert this summer, Ntalaras came on stage (as surprise) and they sang live together the "I am mad about you".

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead