Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
opterios

Dalaras & Emma Shapplin

5 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone, I'm Themis. I'm a new member to this forum...

In September 2001, at 28 and 29 I think, many of you migth remember Dalaras' concert with Emma Shapplin. Dalaras sang Missa Criolla (is it spelled this way??) on the first part, then Shapplin sang about 10 of her songs (Spente de Stelle was included of course) and then Dalaras sang some excellent songs along with the orchestra (Cameratta) and closed the program with Shapplin.

I have one question and one highlight.

The highlight was Dalaras' performance at the Spente de Stelle. For those who have been there (Apha TV showed the concert in December, but you SHOULD have been at Hrodeio), the moment when Dalaras starts singing must have been marked in their minds!! Oh, boy, what a singer!!!

Now, the question. Rumors say Shapplin was supported by a playback at some songs. Is that true? Can anyone answer with certainty? I don't want to believe Dalaras would ever accept such a thing.

Themis

-------

"Όσα παλιά τραγούδια ξέρω, χωρίς ταλέντο κι αν τα πω,

μες των ματιών σου την αλήθεια, το παραμύθι μου θα βρω"

Themi, you have indeed been lycky to be there, being there is much more as an experience from watching it on TV!

As for your question, I have heard a lot of things about her and that concert, bot specifically what you say though. However the things are, it doesn't matter, does it?  ;)

I was there, and everything seemed normal

Anyway she did some small discords (παραφωνίες) that wouldn't happen if it was playback. And lets not forget at the end when she sang faster than she should at the song "omorfi poli"

She didn't just sang faster, she lost a whole musical meter (έχασε ένα μέτρο).

Anyway, I was at BOTH concerts (!!!). Everything seemed indeed normal as you say guys, and she did some discords, yes, but she didn't really seem to be pushed to sing high sometimes. In addition, the microphone dropped dead at one of the two concerts, something that wouldn't have happened in a playback.

Well, as Nicolas said, who really cares? I know Dalaras was surely singing live and he was bloody impressive for once again. Anyone remember the τρίλια he did at "Theos an einai?".

Themis

Yes I remember very well!!!

And as you said you are new to this forum, I think you didn't find the special thread about this concert of Dalaras and Shapplin! This website already now needs a long time to be discovered....and every day something new!!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0