Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maria

Budapest 08.06. and Mainz 03.07.02

51 posts in this topic

Good news:  

Go to www.hellenic-culture.net   then to 'Forum'   and then click on 'Dalaras'!!

For Tickets for the concert in Mainz ("Mainzer Zeltfestival" im "Volkspark") see:

:

Kartenvorverkauf Mainz

Kartenvorverkauf Karstadt

Telefon: 0 61 31/22 19 35

Tourtistik Centrale Mainz

Brόckenturm

Telefon 0 61 31/28 62 10

TICKETBOX

Residenzpassage

Telefon: 0 61 31/22 39 27

Kartenvorverkauf Wiesbaden

Webergasse 5

Telefon: 06 11/30 29 22

Kaufhaus Galeria

TelefoN: 06 11/37 64 44

Kartenvorverkauf Frankfurt

Kartenkiosk Sandrock

Hauptwache-Passage

Telefon: 0 69/9 20 09 20

Kartenvorverkauf Worms

Zigarren Mans

Telefon: 06241/27 66 8

Maria, good news indeed. But for whom? Will you go?

By the way, I think I have definately lost -since a long time- my informative skills in this place. I know about this concert since last week...I will be quicker next time!  :cool:

...mostly the important things!!!

But, Nikola, don't worry, to get informations about Dalaras concerts we have the whole www. not only this website!!

and telephone and newspapers!!

Don't worry Nikolas, it is so normal, if you get older,you forget some things!!! :D  :D  :D  :D  :music: Greetings Franz (53) :music:  :D

Webmasters often forget things, you know... :sarcasm:

HI, I would be interested in attending a George dalaras concert in Milan, Paris, London  or Ansterdam in the near future - would you be able to help me please ?

HI Maria - thank you.

On the Hellenic site they do not have any concert lists either, for Italy, France, England, Belgium or Netherlands.  

Would you know of anywhere else where I could find out about all upcoming concerts ?

To all who are interested to see Dalaras at Budapest the 8th of June 2002! More informations you get at a travel agency in Vienna! They are called GATS Reisen.

Tel: 004315852490

Fax: 00431585249020

To all who are interested to see Dalaras at Budapest the 8th of June 2002! More informations you get at a travel agency in Vienna! They are called GATS Reisen.

Tel: 004315852490

Fax: 00431585249020

He he...new offer. Get a ticket for Dalaras' concert in Budapest and win a free flight to Budapest for the same day... :D

Finally I found something about the concert at Budapest in the internet!

It's the website of Iliosz, a Hungarian-Greek dancegroup (Nikola, maybe you know them!)

And if you click on 'Panijiri' you get information about this concert ( in Hungarian, of course!) so he's called: Jorgosz Dalarasz!!

www.iliosz.hu

Geia sas! Here is the program of the concert in Budapest - in English:-)

19.30 Iliosz dance group - Thalassa ensemble

19.45 Australian  dance  group

20.25 Iliosz dance group - Thalassa ensemble

21.00 Dalaras-concert

23.00 end of the stage program

23.15 dance - Sirtos ensemble

00.45 Tombola

01.15 dance - Australian ensemble

02.45 dance - Pireus ensemble

04.00 end of program

Hello! The concert in Budapest was wonderful. (For me it was the first Dalaras concert:-)). It was on Margaret Island, and the weather was really good:-). Well, I didn't know all the songs ( in Hungary one can't buy any Dalaras CD!!!), but here are the songs - as I remember:

Enas kompos i hara mou, Aspro peristeri, Tha 'rtho na se vro, To palto, Ta fantasmata, Mia vradia sto Leverkousen, Theos an einai, Karavia sti steria, Ki an se thelo, I nihta, Pepromeno, Mi mou thimoneis matia mou, Ola kala, Ah helidoni mou, Mana tou Aleksandrou, Ta veggalika sou matia, Paraponemena logia, Nihtose horis feggari, Kali tihi, Pou 'nai ta hronia, Tis Aminis ta paidia,...

Szeleni, thank you for your report! So Nikola, even at Hungary there's at least one member! You see, it's really worth to post every annoucement of a Dalaras concert!  ;)

To be honest, I miss the stories we were writing in the beginning of this forum at Dalaras club! Ok. maybe all 'old' members told already everything  :D  but what's about the 'new' ones?

I like reading stories with all the details around, incliding eppecially the personal expieriences.

So to show what I mean, now you get my story.

The title could be: Budapest, this time it took some time...

I post it here ( upcoming concerts ) we dodn't need a special thread as past concert, I can't offer photos ( once again strongly forbidden ) and I don't think there will be a lot of post from others  :D

And, you get the sory bit by bit, as my internet connection is from the last century  :)

The yourney

There's a direct flight from Duesseldorf to Budapest, but late in the afternoon, too late to be there in time.

And I couldn't take this flight already on Friday, as my boss doesn't allow another day off just for a Dalaras concert!

;)

So I had to go via Zurich, waiting there 2 1/2 hours for the connecting flight!

Hanging around and waiting...

Nice talking to a barkeeper from Kamerun, of course about football, we'll see what's going on tomorrow ( Germany / Kamerun)

Almost 1/2 day gone, but at least I arrived at Budapest!

1st impression: white and light, the airport

2nd impression: old and dark, the buildings and the atmoshere while crossing the suburbs of the city

3rd impression: green and quiet, an oasis, this Margaret island in the river Donau!

Παναγύρι!

Yes, it was annouced like this.

The place in front of the openair theatre, with a small stgae where music and dances were performed, some tables and chairs to sit and drink and eat and talk! Whole families from grandmother to grandson, enjoying everything!

I didn't need this kind of 'warm up', so I took one cup of wine, had a seat in the quietest corner I found and waited...

Finally the gates of the theatre opened! The stage in front of woods, very humid! Just before the concert Kostas Konstantinopoulos was very busy drying the guitars once more!

The musicians came on stage. Almost the same as at 'Zygos', but two 'old' faces, Manolis Karantinis and Kostas Ganosselis!  ;)

Now it should start..

No, some problems with the lights..

but then...finally...

Dalaras came

Although he was wellcomed by a great applause, the first seconds he looked stressed and tired!

But only a moment..as after the first words of the first song and after starting to play the guitar, he changed!

Sometimes I think he also needs the performance to feel alive, to feel good!

He thanked the organisation for the invitation and told he was lucky about the weather, as the night before it rained.

The poster annouced: Dalaras and band, featuring Melina Aslanidou. They forgot something important: Areti!

So after his second song Dalaras introduced her to the audience. She came and did a great, just perfect performance of two songs on her own.

The second was: TZIBAEPI, just beautiful!

Highlights

Dalaras and Manolis Karantinis

It is the perfect duo! They did some gorgeous instrumental soli together. It seemed while playing the one is pushing the other almost to the limits. And it was hard to finish, seemed the could play like this for hours!

Amore

I told already I like this song very much. The main reason I'm waiting for the 'Zygos' cd!

Theos an einai

I didn't expect there's room for improvement yet! It is, it was the longest, the strongest version with the baglama I've ever heard.

Another moment to remember forever. This song, the stars at the Hungarian sky and the white watertower of Margaret island in the back!

The concert

Ok. Areti and Melina Aslanidou did it very well. But it was Dalaras, who brought this night from 0 to 100, maybe more!

In the end about 3.000 people singing, clapping, dancing!!

It's always fascinating to watch and get this developement! And not only us, the audience, also Dalaras is getting it!

The end

There were rumours the best tickets would include something special, but no one knew exactly what and where!

With open eyes and ears ( thank God they talked in Greek and not Hungarian!) I found it!

Some minutes away from the theatre, between the open walls and ruins of an old monastery the organizers offered a Greek buffet.

A very nice place, no music, only quiet talking. Most of the musicians, some of the team, Melina Aslanidou and of course Dalaras were there.

And as always he was busy signing the programme. This time a littel difficult, as it had only a small size!

As it was the first time Dalaras did a concert in Hungary, a lot of people waited for him.

Also a lot of people from Austria came especially for this concert, to see Dalaras!

And a lot of photos were taken, Dalaras more than patient!

So, very understandable, him and his family were within the first to leave.

The very end

With all these memories in my head the also 1/2 a day journey back was no problem!

Don't misunderstand, I'm not complaining, but sometimes I'm asking myself what the #### you're doing?

The answer: Getting the best!

Dalaras at concert

Thank you Anna, I already know that I'll read this story more than once.

Did you have a chance to talk to him?

Micki

Anna, I feel like you, I've been missing the story-telling! So your story is doubly welcome... Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It's often difficult to put into words what a Dalaras concert does to us, what it means - and you do it so well, and it does me (and not only me) so much good to read.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0