Niki

Which Dalaras CD you like more???

6 posts in this topic

As I'm a relatively new fan I have a question for all of you. As far as CDs are concerned I have only some of the latests ones since 1997 including the music box and the last one. So whitch ones you like more and you believe that I should definately buy? Of course I want to buy all of them but as I can't affort it, I have to be patient and buy one now and one later and so on. So having the complete collection will take a while and that's why I ask for your help! I simply don't know where to begin!!!

I like the ultimate collection. But I also like "I asfaltos pou trechie", and "Latin" and "Live Recordings" and "Kalos tous" and all the others that I have. I just cannot find a favourite forever. It depends on the mood, the day, the weather, the time, ...  Good luck with your collection.

Geia sou,

Micki

SPQR, I'm as inexperienced a fan as you and a barbarian besides, so I asked the same question a while back, got swamped with expert advice, and ended up with the following shopping list:

O Metoikos (very old and very excellent)

Na 'tane to '21 (still on order, not heard it yet)

Apona Matia (still on order, not heard it yet)

Hymnoi Angelon se rythmous anthropon (magnificent but dangerous - this one really shakes my soul)

Methhismena Tragoudia (still on order, not heard it yet)

The personal favourite that I would like to recommend is:

To Elliniko Prosopo tou Giorgou Dalara

Very special, very very beautiful. It's live, and it's just him singing with one guitar and one double bass, utterly acoustic, dry, pure... his voice sounds so "near" that it still makes my hair stand up on end and my bones shake inside my flesh, even after playing it thousands upon thousands of times.

Isws apo tis pio dyskoles erwthseis. Auto pou pathainw me ton Ntalara einai oti otan vgazei ena kainourgio album me kanei kai agorazw kai pio palia tou opws kai to oti akouw kai pio palia tou. Ekei pou akouw to teleutai tou cd mou kollaei ena tragoudi apo ta palia tou kai trexw sto arxeio mou gia na to vrw. Afhnw sthn akrh to teleutaio album kai akouw to sygkekrimeno tragoudi mexri na to varethw. Meta epistrefw sto album. Only with GEORGE.

Very difficult question.I love the most of his CD's.

I will speak about some of them.

1) Mikra Asia:One of the best of all times

2) 50 Hronia Rebetiko:Great job.Epic!!!

3) Natane to 21:Beautiful songs

4) Kindinevei i Hellas:Christos Nikolopoulos is the composer and that's enough.

5) Aksion esti:Mikis Theodorakis' epic compositions.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead