Micki

This week's favorite song (too)

1,665 posts in this topic

Το κόκκινο φουστάνι

i'ts sooo persistent, I hear it and doesn't leave my ear again

but it doesn't matter, I can't get tired of it

Σωκράτης Μάλαμας : "Το καθρεφτάκι" from the new album: "ENA"

Have you heard it? You have to hear it! All the songs of this album are very good!!! :)

Because I keep listening to this song again and again today and I realize how much I like it, I want to post the lyrics here, so that you can see what I'm talking about!! But it will be in Greek only, because I don't have time to translate...

Anyway, here it is:

Το καθρεφτάκι

Λευκό το σύννεφο και βρέχει

στη διψασμένη την αυλή

Κι αυτός που πόνεσε πολύ

γίνεται βράχος για ν'αντέχει,

γίνεται βράχος για ν'αντέχει.

Ό,τι για πάντα έχει φύγει

δεν ωφελεί ν'αναζητάς.

Πού πας πουλί της ερημιάς

τώρα που αρχίζει το κυνήγι;

Τώρα που αρχίζει το κυνήγι

Όμορφη πού'ναι η ζωή,

όμορφη σα ψέμα.

Και το φως της ’νοιξης

κόκκινο σαν αίμα.

Ρίχνει ο χρόνος στο φτερό,

το φιλί σου δώσ'μου

Καθρεφτάκι ο έρωτας

στο κλουβί του κόσμου.

Στήνουν τ'αηδόνια συναυλία

σ' ένα δεντράκι τόσο δα,

Όσα το αίμα τραγουδά

μη τα γυρεύεις στα βιβλία,

μη τα γυρεύεις στα βιβλία.

Στου πόνου την τρελή γιορτή

και στο μεθύσι το βαθύ

θα βρεις ό,τι έχει πια χαθεί

κι ό, τι άργησε να φτάσει.

Όμορφη πού'ναι η ζωή,

όμορφη σα ψέμα.

Και το φως της ’νοιξης

κόκκινο σαν αίμα.

Ρίχνει ο χρόνος στο φτερό,

το φιλί σου δώσ'μου

Καθρεφτάκι ο έρωτας

στο κλουβί του κόσμου.

Since I returned from Paris, I njoy immensely not only Giorgos Dalaras' and Dimitra Galani's music, but the two old songs I never heard before:

Πες, πώς μ'ανταμόσες (Giannis Spanos, L. Papadopoulos); some of late sixties, because some sung parties are very typical for popular music of this periode all around Europa)

¨Ησουν καλός, ¨ησουν γλικός (M. Theodorakis - G. Ritzos).

And now please help:

1. we seem not to have an extra topic "Giannis Spanos", I know "only" 34 songs of him and I am every time surprised by his outstanding melodic inventions. Tell me more!!!

2. Who was Georgia Logou? I never heard her name before, but I seem to know the voice and enjoy its colour, clarity and her ability to sing long notes and on the other hand, the trills in the second mentioned song.

Long notes - it's "only" mastered breathing, but trills must be really heavily learned....

If somebody can inform me - thanks!!!

Vrexi Sti Ftoxogitonia for today.

Does anybody knows the exact date when was the concert in Herodion in 1995( The tribute for Mikis Theodorakis)?

Ξέρει κανείς την ακριβή ημερομηνία που έγινε η συναυλία στο Ηρώδειο για τα 70 χρόνια του Μίκη Θεοδωράκη??

Ξέρει κανείς την ακριβή ημερομηνία που έγινε η συναυλία στο Ηρώδειο για τα 70 χρόνια του Μίκη Θεοδωράκη??

:) Does it mean you don't have the CD??

There they say it was recorded the 2nd and 3rd of September 1995 at Herodion.

Thank you Anna for the dates!!

I don't have the record, but I have the songs. This record is in my plans!

Lou Reed: Just a perfect day

Just a perfect day

You make me forget myself

I thought I was someone else

Someone good

:D:):rolleyes:

It's a pity I have to stay home today... :razz:

This would be sure a day I can't even choose any of my favourite favourites and it seems, I take all of them one after another.

What a true friendship can do with a human being - heavy to find words.

"Karavia sti steria"? Let's see. Loud enough, joyful enough, not to sit down by hearing it......

I wish all of you this kind of joy after hearing from a dear family member or friend.

:D:):D:rolleyes::razz::D:D:D:D:D

If you see her, say hello - Bob Dylan

The whole 'Blood on the tracks'-album is just great.

Τα βάσανα δεν λέγονται

with thanks to Radio Thessaloniki - 4 Dalaras songs in less than half an hour, probably not record-breaking but distinctly pleasant.

.... ;;όμως δεν τ'αλλάζουν δρόμοι - ούτε μας χώριζουνε..."

This Kalatzis' song accompanying me all the week along may be dedicated to all the dear friends, who are too far away to embrace them.

:):huh::rolleyes:

in my head for days now, and now on the radio

Το καθρεφτάκι

by Σωκράτης Μάλαμας

(who is giving an interview on Melodia right now, which means NO work at all is getting done here)

Βρέχει στη φτωχογετονιά

A thing I always enjoy very much: this song that's been in my head since I woke up, suddenly, comes by on the radio.

"Είσαι μικρός και δεν χωράαααας τον αναστεεε... τον αναστεναγμό μου!!"

APO MIKROS EVLEPA FOTIES.... I HAVE A FEELING THAT HE IS SINGING ABOUT HIS OWN SELF, QUITE RIGHTEDLY

ANYONE KNOWS WHO WROTE THE LYRICS AND IF THE WORDS

ARE TALKING ABOT gIORGO OR PERIPU, SINCE I KNOW QUITE A FEW SONGS THAT WERE WRITTEN FOR EXISTING ARTISTS LIKE STRATOS DIONISIOU, ONLY I AM NOT SURE THAT ANY SONG WAS WRITTEN FOR AN ALIVE ARTIST AND THAT THE ARTIST HIMSELF WOULD SING IT

BUT THERE IS ALWAYS FIRST TIME

FOR EXAMPLE THERE IS A CUSTOM NOT TO NAME STREETS OR SO BY THE NAMES OF ALIVE HEROES AND STILL IN EX YUGO IN PROTEVUSA, THE MAIN BOULEVAR WS MARSHAL TITO WHILE HE WAS ALIVE!

THE FESEMBLANCE, IF THERE IS ONE, BETWEEN GIORGO AND TITO. IS IN RIVERSE DIRECTIONS, OF COURSEI

For tonight, or perhaps more, two very different songs are coming to my mind:

Ιδου ο νύμφιος έρχεται & Μή μου θυμώνεις.

'Ολα μοιάζουν μαγικά

είναι μαζικά

και προπαντός... Α-με-ρι-κα-νι-κά!

not to be got out my head since mr. Fokas, bless his microphones, quoted it last night to comment on John Lennon's Imagine (in Flery Dandonaki's version, too).

Now the funny thing: I actually dislike 'Imagine' as a song, and yet - it moves me, anyway. Only explanation I can think of is that I listen to the intention rather than the result, or something.

Anyway, I'm grateful it's όλα μοιάζουν in my ears, not Imagine.

Let me join you for your song, Geeske.

I'll have a second song as well: 'Το τραίνο φεύγει στις οχτώ', by Dimitriadi, although I don't like her as a singer, but I did appreciate her very much in 'Ta laika' when the LP was released in France A LOT of time ago... No train to go to school today. Strikes, strikes, strikes... :D

Ah Francois, I will join you for your song! "To Traino" is one of my favourite songs, and the first Greek song I ever heard many years ago when I started my Greek lessons! It remains one of the most popular songs with Greek students at our language school (probably because it is our teacher's favourite and she plays it constantly to all her students!!) :D:):music: