Micki

This week's favorite song (too)

1,665 posts in this topic

"Έχω ένα καφενέ" will be my favorite this week. It is my favorite Dalaras song, anyway.

I don't chose my song of the week - the song choses me:

I am still haunted by τ'αστέρι του βοριά.

The other night, I got laughed at (kindly, and only a little) by a friend for admitting that I didn't really know this song before it turned up on Μαζί - well, I'd heard it, but it hadn't stuck in my mind... And he laughed harder when I proceeded to state firmly that this was the best version, absolutely! (When obviously I didn't know any other version).

So I sent him the song: that shut him up :music: .

:)

H Fantasia

because I just heard it sung Live by both Marinella & Dalaras

MAZI

much in the same style

just like the colloboration between Parios & Dalaras of the same song from their Millenium New Years Special.

And Prin To Telos

sung in similar format with the harmony

lfrom the Attikon Concert with Papakonstantino.

Oτι ακουω να ακους,μεσα σε κοσμους μυστικους

θα ανακαλυψεις μια πατριδα ξεχασμενη,

παραδομενη στους καιρους και σε πελατες πονηρους

σε συμπληγαδες μια ζωη παγιδευμενη

........................................ ΣΤΟ ΙΔΙΟ ΕΡΓΟ ΘΕΑΤΕΣ

Everwhere. Everywhere.

ΤΟΥ ΧΑΡΟΥ || OF CHAROS

Μουσική: Γιάννης Μαρκόπουλος || Music: Yannis Markopoulos

Στίχοι: Πάνος Θεοδωρίδης || Lyrics: Panos Theodoridis

Σε πολιτείες τρέχει, μαύρος που θα τον δει, || He rushes through the cities, woe to whoever meets him,

αρματωμένος ρήγας σε κόκκινο φαρί, || the armoured king on his red horse,

κόφτει στα δυο τις ρούγες, σαϊτα αστραφτερή, || he cleaves the little streets,a blinding arrow,

το μάτι του μετράει την παγωμένη γη. || his eye is measuring out the frozen ground.

Ποιος ειν' αυτός που τρώει γυναίκες και παιδιά, || Who is that, who is devouring women and children?

μιας ώρας χορτασμός του δεκαοχτώ χωριά. || His belly sated for one hour, [that's] eighteen villages [gone],

Τον είδα στο Τραφίκι, τον είδα στα Πλανά, || I saw him in Trafiki, I saw him in Plana,

και μες τη Σαλονίκη ξένους να προσκυνά. || and in Saloniki too, submitting to the foreigners.

μην ειν' ο γιος του δράκου, μην ειν' ο Ουσακ-μπέης, || Isn't he the son of the dragon, isn't he [the warlord] Ouzak-Bey,

μην ειν' ο γέρο-Γιάννης, ο Γιάννος ο νταής; || Isn't he Old Yiannis, Yiannis the fighting man?

Δεν ειν' ο γιος του δράκου, δεν ειν' οχτρού παιδί, || He is not the son of the dragon, he is not the enemy's child,

δεν ειν' ο γέρο-Γιάννης, μαύρος που θα τον δει. || He is not Old Yiannis, woe to whoever meets him.

Κανείς μας δεν τον ξέρει, σώσε μας Παναγιά, || No one of us knows him. Save us, Mother Mary!

μια κι η ζωή που ζούμε φεύγει και δε γυρνά. || For one, the life that we live flees and does not return.

This song I hadn't heard for such a long time. Today it made me think of advice and what to do with it ...

Στο 'πα και στο ξαναλέω

(only listen to the advice)

Κι αν με πάρει που με πάει

κάτω στα βαθιά νερά

κάνω το κορμί μου βάρκα

(think of what would be best for you - and only you)

Στο 'πα και στο ξαναλέω

μη μου γράφεις γράμματα

(and please, never ask me not to write)

Micki

Tou Erota - S.Malamas from Ena.

Buy that album if you have even the slightest interest in music.

On the 11 of April 1729 was the first performance of Bach's "Saint Matthew Passion" in the St. Thomas Church in Leipzig; tomorrow I would hear this work in a concert here in Cracow.

Not easy to say, how important this music for me is - in every possible meaning.Hopefully I did not forget a single note from my "Alto I" part......

Sooo many good memories, so many blessed moments.

The St. Matthew Passion concert went just succesfully to its end and I could still remember almost all of "my" notes, and afterwards a meeting with the musicians was possible, musicians known to me at least 13 years.

I wish a good concert and backstage possible για αυτούς, που περιμένουνε now.

And, since even a concert can be dedicated to somebody special here,

:confused: I dedicate this evening to

Annemarie

Francois

and Sarper with the whole Family.

:):):)

Not a Greek song this time, but a Brtitish "folk" CD by the Incredible String Band: "Changing Horses"... Great music, great lyrics. :)

Thanks Marijke... I knew someone here would know this wonderful recording... Just what we need to spend some peaceful days...