Micki

This week's favorite song (too)

1,665 posts in this topic

One of the many good things about this topic is: it makes me think 'oh yes, it's been too long since I heard that song...'  and go and put on the record.

On my mind these days is 'los bilbilicos' , a sefardic song from Thessaloniki sung by Savina Giannatou, which is the-same-but-not-the-same song as 'ta prota logia' (which is lyrics by Gatsos with a tune borrowed by Kougioumtzis from an old Hebrew prayer).

Gatsos ou Elefteriou ? :razz:

One of the many good things about this topic is: it makes me think 'oh yes, it's been too long since I heard that song...'  and go and put on the record.

On my mind these days is 'los bilbilicos' , a sefardic song from Thessaloniki sung by Savina Giannatou, which is the-same-but-not-the-same song as 'ta prota logia' (which is lyrics by Gatsos with a tune borrowed by Kougioumtzis from an old Hebrew prayer).

Gatsos ou Elefteriou ? :wow:

Ooops ! sorry for the repetition :razz:

Elefteriou of course, stupid mistake (I was looking up Gatsos lyrics to another song she sings, at the same time as I was posting, and got mixed up). APOLOGY!

"Κάνε τον πόνο σου χαρα" και τον καημό σου του γιαλού μαργαριτάρι κτλ. κτλ.... Μάνος Χατζιδάκις, Νίκος Γκάτσος

Γλυκό τραγουδάκι αυτό, παρήγορο... για ονειροπόλους και "ονειροπαρμένους"... :(

"Κάνε τον πόνο σου χαρα" και τον καημό σου του γιαλού μαργαριτάρι κτλ. κτλ.... Μάνος Χατζιδάκις, Νίκος Γκάτσος

Γλυκό τραγουδάκι αυτό, παρήγορο... για ονειροπόλους και "ονειροπαρμένους"... :(

μου ταιριάζει λίγο :(:music:

"με αεροπλάνα και βαπόρια" for this week :razz:

For longer time, four Stavros Koujoumtzis' songs, ta megala:

Κάπου νυχτόνει

Που'ναι τα χρόνια

¨Ηταν πέντε, ήταν έξι

& Μή μου θυμώνεις....

or better to say, the first rediscovered parts of my own life story,

beginning with those now lost texts I was writing to the first song

being 15 years old girl.

And with this quarters accompagnement to the refrain of the third one, recognized after years as sound of a clock. But this needed an elementar knowledge of the language.....

Blessed human memory.

Zavarakatraneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemia

that song is so persistent, it got into my ear and stuck so tight... that it took a six-hour live performance of French opera to dislodge it. No kidding.

Ο πυρετός. Το περασμένο Σαββατοκύριακο ο πυρετός με χτύπησε δυνατά, πολύ δυνατά :D .

Micki

For this week "Η συγκέντρωση της ΕΦΕΕ"(Η πλατεία ηταν γεμάτη) of Dionisis Savopoulos

I dedicate it to myself for the first days in University in last week....

I am a university student now!!!!!!!

Συγχαρητήρια για την εισαγωγή σου στο Πανεπιστήμιο Vaso! :D

Take this from me or listen to it with me

me to fengari sta mallia...

Giannis Poulopoulos, Oi megales epitixeies (Lyra1993, 2 CD's)

including the Mimis Plessas' songs and "Geitonaki mou" (L. Kokotos/A. Daskalopoulos)

and this "Pame gia ipno, Katerina" (G. Katsaros/Pythagoras) from today morning...........

I hope only, my neighbours would not kill me tomorrow morning.....

they have now everything, but not a lullaby :)

Anezi kai Idoni

This song isn't yet translated here...or do I miss something and it is?

I am very sure that I translated it, but maybe I didn't post. I'll check!

My song at the moment is Ίσουν θεός .

Duo Seraphim from C.Monteverdi's Mariavesper, with the hope of someday singing the first tenor part in concert.

As I see the whole month long,

"Ena amaxi me dio aloga" (from the Grigoris Bithikotsis' Concert 2001) is going to come to my absolute favourite favourites.

One must dance, dead or alive :)

The new cd of Dalaras is arrived at home. It is very good and I like the song τα ματακλαδα σου λαμπουν. My favourite today. Francois is crazy with the cd. It's haloween!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hi Seb! Your English has improved! Good! Well, my favourite song, not for this week, but for the moment, is "Paraponemena logia". It really makes me shiver!