Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nikolas

Dalaras on Radio Thessaloniki

12 posts in this topic

Last week I was on the road most of the time. It was Wednesday, when I was travelling with the car, close to a very beautiful lake, called Kerkini. Anyway.

For some mysterious reason, I had the radio switched off for hours. When I realized it, I decided to switch it on. Yes, you imagined it the right way, I tuned to Radio Thessaloniki! That specific second, I heard Dalaras singing the song Vrexei fotia sti strata mou from the new album, which I unfortunately didn't buy yet.

It shouldn't be more than 10 seconds (Really!!) when the man said:

Πώς να αισθάνεται άραγε ο Γιώργος Νταλάρας όταν ακούει Γιώργο Νταλάρα στο ραδιόφωνο; Γιώργο καλησπέρα!

meaning

How would George Dalaras feel while listening to George Dalaras on the radio? George, good afternoon!

and yes, Dalaras was on the phone and they started speaking about the new album and some other things! Yes!

Nothing very very special in what they said, Dalaras added that now he is going to rest because there is a lot of work from September and so on.

A little before they close the conversation. the man on the radio said: George, when exactly were you in Mainz, Germany? Dalaras answered that he was a few days ago. Then the man said "I have a surprise for you, there is someone on the phone who lives in Germany and listens to us through internet and he was in this concert in Mainz! And then this person started talking with Dalaras! He he.

And all these happened just 10 seconds after I switched the radio on, after 4-5 hours during which it was shut...and also, Kerkini is a wonderful lake...really! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: I wonder who is luckier? You (because you heard this conversation) or the guy from Mainz?? :razz:

Naturalmente, you NIkola, you Apostoli and all of you, who can hear "Radio Saloniki" live while I can not! I am still fighting for the posibility and as I am now hearing the oldest, oldest things I have - for a good night - I reacted immediately on this announcement "Radio Saloniki", hehe.

Greetings for this flute signal I was not hearing for years, but what was bringing me and my brother to bed every Sunday in the old days.

"Ilie moy, se parakalo..." - no, not now, it's too full of sorrows.

So, I turn to this song we've recorded three times already some 20 years ago, and that is: πουλι θα γινω και θα'ρθω... (εχ, που'ειναι τα χρονια....)

Ολγιτσα (at the very moment only 12-13 years old)

I see, Francois, very well, we both really do need the possibility to cheer up more. But you can do it with Saloniki radio, I not yet, krima.

Cheer up with Radia Thessaloniki? I've been listening to it for about two hours, a desastrous heap of commercials, GD's song "Exw ena kafene" cut into tiny bits by commercials, this is terrible! :)

Francois, try to be positive... :)

Niki, nothing specific about his plans. Some albums...but not which ones! Oh yes, he mentioned something about the special for Vasilis Tsitsanis in Thessaloniki... :)

So, Francois, why have you not changed the channel for two hours?

Give then better proposals to fight for! Or is it not THAT Radio Thessaloniki, 7,4 MHz here in Poland (if I ma lucky to catch that in a deep night)?

I need some new things to hear (or the "Older" ones, better to say), as I am going to know by heart soon all the CD's with Greek music I have at home.

But, Nikola, if something important comes, let us know in two languages at least (Greek and English), OK?

σ'ευχαριστω,

Ολγιτσα

PS. If I would ever hear a Dalaras song cut into pieces by the advertisements, I am not sure about my reaction, indeed.

:):):)

So, Francois, why have you not changed the channel for two hours?

Well, I didn't change the channel for two hours because I was saving several plays from the facsimile of Shakespeare's first folio (1623) on the internet, and as I want to save the whole folio (907 pages), I must admit I was more careful saving the pages under the right numbers... :) than listening to the radio seriously... :)

Ach, εισαι τρελλος...

As for sonnets (Neruda) and Shakespeare: No. 29, and: for S. perhaps: No. 66. My beloved ones, apart from the 22. We have such a masterly done translation here.

I don't know: how would they sound in a Greek translation.... How do the Greeks even write his name? Δεν μπορω να το φανταστω!!!

:)

Ολγιτσα

Σαίξπηρ !!! But I don't think he will ever give an interview on Radio Thessaloniki, although I may suppose that he would have loved to! :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0