Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soc

This song reminds me of

106 posts in this topic

"Mi milas mi gelas kidynevei i Ellas"

reminds me a day the first class of school where my teacher told each one of the students to sing a song and tell about their favourite singer.I sang Dalaras' song and I said that I like him very much because of his voice,his guitar and his....long hair!!!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

... and I said that I like him very much because of his voice,his guitar and his....long hair!!!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

:wow: Vaso, egrapses!!!! :):pity: :lol:

"Mi milas mi gelas kidynevei i Ellas"

Vorst Nationaal - Forest National, Brussels, 1994 , 18th October.

Long hair he had. It was my first Dalaras concert.

Micki

I was wondering what special experiences I've had while listening to songs from Dalaras and I couldn't remember any! Then I thought, why not read this topic from the very beginning? Which was a useful thought afterall, since soc's first post made it very clear!

soc, I have to say I laughed with your experience on the air, above Germany, while listening to Amor! :pity:

Another "magic" experience with a song of Dalaras. It was 3-4 years ago. I was a student in Thessaloniki. It was night, I was sleeping and suddenly at 4 a.m. I woke up by the sounds of the video clip of "Κι αν σε θέλω κι αν με θέλεις" which was on the open TV, that I was certain I had turned off before going to bed!! :wow:

Really funny incident! The next day I was trying to understand how it happened. I'm still not sure about it... And it doesn't need to be explained afterall!

It's the moment that counts! :)

Nice topic, this one! ...

Songs often remind me of a moment or an event, but even more often of a person. Like, I can't hear πάμε γι' αλλού without thinking of you, Eleni. Or γι'αγάπη μη μιλας without a thought for Niki. And so one, dozens and dozens of them.

To Pollaplo sou Idolo: my son, since the moment he could walk, every time he heard it, rushing to the living-room and dancing it.

This song has an amazing sound. I mean, not because of GD's voice, but because of the melody and the orchestration (Live & unplugged, and Attikon)... It doesn' remind me of anything except those exquisite moments I spent listening to it! :)

When I was in the last class of school, at my 17, in the middle of spring of 1995, it was the hard time of full time preparations for the university entry exams. Each night I used to do geometry and algebra exercises in my bed, listening to the radio, until falling asleep, with the walkman still playing and the geometry exercises in hands...

There was one specific night that I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night. The radio was playing the song 'Συγγνώμη για την άμυνα' where Dalaras sings 'Το πάθος φτιάχνει τρίγωνα στης πόλης τα τετράγωνα' and the producer of the broadcast said at that specific moment that I woke up:

'Here we have geometry lessons from Dalaras', and I had the geometry exercises in hand...

So, every time I listen to this song, I remember that specific night ...

Το τραγούδι λέγεται «ξημερώνει και βραδιάζει», νομίζω, αλλά στο μυαλό μου για πάντα θα είναι το «κι εγώ στη φυλακή!».

Γιατί; Κάτσε να σου πω...

Ήταν η πρώτη βραδιά στο Μέγαρο Μουσικής Αθηνών, τώρα, 12 Ιανουαρίου. Δεν έγραψα τίποτα γι' αυτές τις συναυλίες, γιατί δεν είχα ούτε το χρόνο, ούτε την ησυχία που έπρεπε να περιγράψω τέτοιες αξέχαστες, τρελές βραδιές. (Ούτε τα Ελληνικά έχω, αλλά αυτό είναι άλλο θέμα).

Τρελάθηκα - ε, βέβαια! Πώς να μην τα χάσεις όταν αυτός, μόλις έρχεται, πριν ακόμα ανάφτηκαν τα φώτα, σου λέει λόγια μαγικά, με το μπουζούκι του γλυκά ;

Την περίμενα την τρέλα, λίγο ή πολύ. «Αλλά άλλο είναι να τρελαθείς, άλλο να ενοχλείς τον κόσμο» είπα στον εαυτό μου πριν μπήκαμε. «Ιδιαίτερα στο Μέγαρο! Κοίτα τα μάρμαρα και σκέψου! Να τρελαθείς, να τραγουδάς όσο θέλεις, εντάξει, αλλά ήσυχα - μ' ακούς, ή - συ - χα! Εκτός κι αν σηκώσει αυτός το χέρι - έτσι... Μ' ακούς; Εντάξει, πάμε»

Ήσυχα. Το κατάφερα. Μάλλον.

Μέχρι που τραγούδησε ο Νταλάρας: «Σίγουρα θα πάμε, μια κι αν φτάσαμε ως εκεί, εσύ στο χώμα κι εγώ στη φυλακή! Σίγουρα ...»

και εγώ πετάχτηκα στον ουρανό και αυτός σήκωσε το χέρι - έτσι...

και εμείς, (όχι όλοι, μετά ο Νταλάρας ρώτησε γιατί δεν τραγούδησε ο κόσμος πιο δυνατά),

εμείς λοιπόν, όσοι ξεχάσαμε πού ήμασταν, τραγουδήσαμε μαζί του: «θα πάμε, μια κι αν φτάσαμε ως εκεί, εσύ στο χώμα...»

και τότε αυτός ξαφνικά σταμάτησε (και μας κοίταζε με αυτά τα μάτια με σπίθες μέσα που λάμπουν όταν κάνει πλάκα) κι η ορχήστρα σώπασε, κι εμείς, δλδ αυτοί που τα είχαμε χάσει εντελώς, αδύνατοι να σταματήσουμε, ουρλιάξαμε μόνοι μας: «κι εγώ στη φυλακή»...

Και η κύρια δίπλα μου γέλασε, γέλασε με την καρδιά της όταν εγώ, ντροπαλή, έκρυψα το πρόσωπο μου στα χέρια, ενώ αυτός με το χαμόγελό του, από πάνω μας τελείωσε, μας σκότωσε με την κορόνα... «κι εγωωωωώ στηηηηη φυυυυΥΥΥυλαααακηηηή!!!!!»

Κι έτσι άλλαξε στο μυαλό μου τ' όνομα του τραγουδιού.

Και γι' αυτό, όταν τον ακούω τώρα, ακόμα πάω να κρύψω το πρόσωπο.

Η Τσιτσανισμένη.

Unfortunately, EVERY SINGLE song by GD reminds me of something!!!!!

But the one with the longest memories and with "links" to other Dalaras songs (almost all) is: Amor-Amor... B)

Το τραγούδι λέγεται «ξημερώνει και βραδιάζει», νομίζω, αλλά στο μυαλό μου για πάντα θα είναι το «κι εγώ στη φυλακή!».

[...]

Κι έτσι άλλαξε στο μυαλό μου τ' όνομα του τραγουδιού.

Και γι' αυτό, όταν τον ακούω τώρα, ακόμα πάω να κρύψω το πρόσωπο.

Η Τσιτσανισμένη.

Πολύ καλό!! :razz:

Σα να μου θυμίζει κατι, παρεπιπτόντως... :)

Just for once, a song not by Dalaras.

"The division bell" on the radio just now.

I heard it and knew it and didn't know what it was... I listened and it brought the memory of the person to my mind first, and then the name of the song came. My ex used to play that record a lot, a lot, in the year before I left.

Thank you Pink Floyd - I think of him so seldom, it's welcome to remember him, for the duration of a song.

You know

I'll never forget the time I had my very first real job full time fresh out of school and that was high school by the way. It was in the year I just graduated during the summer season and btw, the same time Dalaras presently released and Introduced his Latin album.

Cable Tv was faily new back then but was rapidly growing. However, there were very few satellite programs at that time. And limited to what they could show you from outside the states. Plus the satellite dishes themselves were extremely Huge compared to todays brands.

So your International channels were not seen much at all in the US much less on a smaller network tv stations either.

But one day heading out for work ( which was by the way working as a security screener) at the airport and was way before (9\11) I had turned the tv on to the Spanish channel as at that time was being broadcasted on Regular TV. And to my surprise, I saw this TV Host (from prior shows he debuts on) (and as what compelled me to turn it on I have no idea, but glad that I did) for he started talking about Dalaras and spelled his name out on the screen in Big Yellow letters.

Yoryos Dalaras and then said something about some Spanish songs.

So I knew from instinct right away he must have been talking about his new Latin Album. Remember to keep in mind folks, this was Vinyl LP were talking about from back then not on CD.

Anyhow, the show was taped somewhere in Mexico (dont know where though) so my guess is Dalaras had toured in Mexico and other Latin American Countries around this time period promoting his new Lp.

I waited for them to see if they would show him sing a song and finally to my surprise he did.

However,

It was not in Spanish

:wow:

Dalaras was shown on stage probably from a Live Concert there singing a Greek Epitihia (Hit) from his previously recorded Album.

And that being the one by Kouyoumtzis "Trelloi kai Angelloi"

And so finally the song I heard from him was singing the chorus line to

"OI Eleutheri Ki Oraie"

Up until that time, I've never heard that tune, for I did not ever hear the albums tracks to the 'Trelloi Kain Angelli Lp either.

And so from then on and for a very a long time, I was wondering what song that was, and it was not until his Live Concerts later on the following years did I finally get to hear it and find out what the name of the song is titled. But unfortunately, the songs refrain was distorted by then breaking apart I mean only because much of the Chorus line was being sung by the audience instead of Dalaras. Ahh those Epitihies boy let me tell you

:lol:

And then that was it as it was roughly 5:45 am and I had to be at the airport right before 6:00 at the crack of dawn to start work. But what a way to begin the day huh?

Who would ever thought I'd wake up and see my favorite singer on TV?

Especially that of a foreign country and singing in different language other then English

Bear in mind again that this was long before the Antenna or Mega Satellite channels ever came out.

So even through this day, when I hear the song 'H Eleutheri ki Oraia'

I still remember that special magical moment.

:music:

Who would have picked Ήθελα να σ' αντάμωσα for a rain song?

And yet...

First on the way down to Switzerland last week, driving in the pitch dark night into the long tunnel to Olten I thought "feels like a thunderstorm coming" and yesss... just as I got out of the tunnel, just as he started

Είμαι τρελός που ακόμα σε ρωτάω, είμαι τρελός που ακόμα σ' αγαπώ

και μια ζωή για χάρη σου σκορπάω χωρίς ν' ακούσω ένα ευχαριστώ

all hell burst loose, after one verse the motorway was so deep in water that anything over 60 km/h was impossible, and sight was limited to the taillight of the car in front - except for lightning of course.

That doesn't make it a rain song.

This does.

It happened again on the way home - just past Neuss, fighting free of a traffic jam, out of (fairly) blue sky - BLAM thunder and lightning. And again, just as he's singing

Είμαι τρελός που ακόμα σε ρωτάω, είμαι τρελός που ακόμα σ' αγαπώ

και μια ζωή για χάρη σου σκορπάω χωρίς ν' ακούσω ένα ευχαριστώ.

No I'm not making this up!

I hope I may be forgiven for putting here a song not by Dalaras - but Kostas Thomaidis is playing Bruce Springsteen's "I'm on fire" for some unfathomable reason, and since Dalaras used to get called "the Greek Springsteen" - about the time when this song came out the on the hit album "Born in the USA..." - a long long time ago - απ' τα παλιά, σωστά το λες Κώστα...

Anyhow, this song reminds me, powerfully and inevitably, of the first man I broke my heart over, who incidentally was also the one who introduced me to Springsteen's music.

I got over the heartbreak (so easy at eighteen!) but not over the songs.

It's the radio's fault again.

Out of the blue, it starts playing Ι Ασφαλτος που τρέχει, and for no reason (except extreme boredom of the brain maybe) i am back in time...

I am stopping the car at a big gas station bij the A12; i can hear its characteristic noise, the ancient VW van it was... and i'm taking off the discman's headphones and going into the shop to buy a hair-brush... i can smell the petrol and feel the tug of the brush in the tangles of my mane (a lot longer, and less grey, than it is now)...

The old van is long gone, but I still have the hairbrush.

It's a long time ago - may 2001 - on the way to Den Haag - to My First Dalaras Concert - an unexpectly hot day - which made me drive with the window open - and blew my hair almost into dreadlocks... A long time ago, when i didn't understand what he was singing, didn't know where i was going, when even the forum did not exist. When I knew none of you. How strange! How strange it all is!

It's gone but it isn't, it comes back like it's happening again.

- may 2001 - on the way to Den Haag - to My First Dalaras Concert -

In the topic How I became addicted you told your first Dalaras concert was in Rotterdam, in October 1991 :)

You caught me, Sherlock! :)

I've never been able to count that one in Rotterdam as quite "real".

Honestly: a Dalaras concert where you do not sing (in this case for not knowing the words) - is that a real Dalaras concert?

Not to me it isn't.

The Rotterdam occasion was intensely frustrating... and then, to lose him for ten years in between.......

Anywhow. That summer-like evening in The Hague was a true beginning.

;)

yeah Geske,

I just read it now

I know you've been a Dalaras fan before 2001,

you have me beat, for my first time was in 1893

Oopss I meant 1993

:)

and I remember this forum was in fact alive during 2001

before we had the attacks in the US from 9 /11

and the forum was alive and kicking at that time.

besides if you look at our name profiles

you'll see we were the first to join back around july 2001

prior to 9-11

;)

Mia Deutera.

It reminds me of that day (2+ a.m.) when I heard that song for the first time.

Studying for my exams...listening to a Greek radio station on the A.M. with dozens of additional stations at the backgound...I felt the attaraction by Dalaras voice...and the power of the lyrics.

Although I wasn't used to visit this site at that time, I had to do so...

As if there is no enough stress in the song's content, whenever I listen to it I remember my exams :mad::(

Η σιωπή

της Λίνας Νικολακοπούλου και του Νίκου Αντύπα

μου θυμίζει το καλοκαίρι του 2002, τότε που άκουγα ράδιο Μελωδία χωρίς να καταλάβω τι έλεγαν, τότε που άκουσα ένα κατακαινούργιο τραγούδι του Νταλάρα στο ραδιόφωνο χωρίς να καταλάβω πως είναι καινούργιο... τότε που...

μα πού πάνε τα καλοκαίρια τα περασμένα;

Η σιωπή

της Λίνας Νικολακοπούλου και του Νίκου Αντύπα

μου θυμίζει... τη διαδρομή Θεσσαλονίκη-Σέρρες-Δράμα στο μικρό ηρωικό μπλέ φορτηγάκι :D:D:D:razz:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0