Christo

Dalaras Sings for Cyrpus

4 posts in this topic

This is a mini topic I'm starting that can help to answer a question I've had for quite some time.

In the official web site of Dalaras, and from many of the programs I have of Dalaras biography, "the writers always claim fact that Dalaras received the Kennedy award from his benefit concerts to raise funds for Cypurs and that he received it in 1994".

Okay I agree with all of that but why do these writers and from the Official web site give reference  that the venue was held at the Brendan Byrne Arena of New York I believe in front of an audience of 22,000 people.

We all know that Dalaras performed in April,9th 1994 at the Meadowlands Arena in Rutherford, NJ I believe. I know this for a fact since i have the video as well as does Sarantis.

So once again my question?  Is this Brendan Byrne Arena a typo and is it suppose to be the Meadowlands Arena instead?  Are they the same concert there talking about? Or is the Brendan Byrne Arena for legit and it really was a whole other venue that took place in the states without us knowing about it???  

If its the latter, what was the date this was given?  Isn't the Meadowlands Arena bigger than the Brendan byrne Arena?  From the video, the Meadowlands Arena in New Jersey looks as if it can hold 60,000 people.  I may be wrong though just guessing.

Can Someone please clarify this for me?  

For I just hate typos!

Jeeez, these are enormous audiences! I hadn't realized.

What is the largest crowd he played to? Someone must know - come on, shock me :)

Actually Chris it was three people attending the home concert,me and my two sons..My wife and Dalarases wife stayed downstairs talking......hey by the way,im leaving this evening to go out of town for a week.So i may not be able to get online..So, dont talk about me while im gone.....Maybe if someone guesses what "the gift" was i will tell the whole story...Chris your not allowed to play since you know all the stories.Nikola i think you know as well.....O.K. start guessing????

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead