Geske

Θησαυρος βαθιά κρυμμένος

58 posts in this topic

There are the general favourites: the songs everybody knows, everybody loves, the famous ones.

There are the personal favourites: the songs each of us knows by heart and holds dear.

And there are the songs we missed...

songs we've been hearing, sometimes for years, and never really listen to until someone says: "hey, did you ever listen carefully to this one?"

So, here's a topic to invite each other to listen.

I would like to propose Χαίρε φτώχεια

It's from the album Συγγνώμη για την άμυνα and I can't remember ever seeing it mentionned on the forum (but I didn't do a search, so maybe I just overlooked it) and I never saw it in any collection either, unlike many other tracks from the same album.

Interesting topic...I would like to propose the song Τις μακρινές τις θάλασσες, from the album Ο τραγουδιστής, 1983.

I really love this one, and it has been forgotten... :(

Tis makrines tis thalasses - forgotten? Nikola, that's terribly unfair! Should you have read this more often, you would have seen how often I mentioned it. Everywhere. Favourite songs - Dalaras perfect concert - Zygos "fever", eeeech, ελα!!!

I forgive you, Nikola. For today.

My proposal: S'agapo, from the album 1969(Tha paro fos ap'to notia...)

two songs from me.

Ε σεις στεριές και θάλασσες

Τι να σας πω γυναίκες

Both from Ο ήλιος ο ηλιάτορας

Great favourites of mine Soc !

On a lighter (?) note :

Τρομαγένο περιστέρι

from Για τα τραγούδια κι εγώ φταίω

Annemarie and Olga ,

how I agree with you!!!!!!

``Για τα τραγούδια και εγώ φταίω``is one of the albums I listened to a lot this summer.

My most favourite one is ΠΑΡΕ ΜΕ ΦΕΓΓΑΡΙ ΜΟΥ. I trully adore this song

RENA

Heres one that i love and is a bit of a hidden treasure.Its on the album "Ta tragoudia mas" with Manos loizos ,its called "Stin Doulia kai ston agona"..Anyone heard it?

I don't know whether this qualifies as being 'hidden' - other than from me that is. But 'Σ'άυτη την πόλη' from 'Τρελοί και αγγέλοι' jumped out at me a few days ago. One of the happy consequences of having a limited understanding of how computers work. I thought I was going to be listening to something else. A really simple, beautiful song with a lovely piano accompaniment from (I presume) Κώστας Γαννωσέλης - who surprisingly never seems to have been mentioned in the forum.

Heres one that i love and is a bit of a hidden treasure.Its on the album "Ta tragoudia mas" with Manos loizos ,its called "Stin Doulia kai ston agona"..Anyone heard it?

Yes, quite often Saranti. I love this song and Loizos in general :)

Olga, I was very much tempted to choose the whole album.....but was afraid to break some rules in the game :D

No rules. Just questions.

We are so used to records that have one, two, maybe three very good songs, and the rest indifferent ones. That's what most artists give us.

And here comes Dalaras and gives us records with almost nothing but masterpieces on them. Inevitably, we pay more attention to certain songs, and miss others. Inevitably, some are a greater succes with the public and some are not.

And so the treasure is buried, and if we take the trouble, we can have the joy of digging it up.

The title of the topic, btw, is from a "buried" song, too.

1. Annemarie, we can call then one song a day? If yes, let's continue: Mana moy, den se akousa. The same album. I wish I could understand the whole text, without holes in it. Imoun agori .... ka xlomo... somewhere that's a song I am too hesitated to look into the text on the website, or I will understand it without looking to the written text? Like it was with the first tragoudia I understood in this blessed language?

2. Stin doulia kai ston agona, Saranti? It's waking me up in heavy morning times: ergadia proxora, dipla sou kai emeis...."

3. Kostas Ganoselis - I know the name, but can't associate at the very moment, where from., Kate. It must have been on theForum somewhere. Hm? Or I simply overlooked his name on the cover of "Trelloi kai angeloi" (remember: the "hidden" treasure, a cover photo of this album; Giorgos Dalaras dancing. You know all, what I say at the moment? :)

Three letters only.

ΘΑ ΒΡΩ ΜΟΥΡΜΟΥΡΗ ΜΠΑΓΛΑΜΑ

Μουσική: Απόστολος Καλδάρας

Στίχοι: Ευτυχία Παπαγιαννοπούλου

Να ακούστε προσεχτικά αυτό το τραγούδι και ιδιαίτερα το «θα το διώχνει ο μπαγλαμάς μου». Ο Νταλάρας δεν είναι τραγουδιστής ρεμπέτικων τραγουδιών, αλλά σαυτή την έκφραση, με το εξαίσιο μουσικό όργανο της φωνής του, μας κάνει να καταλαβαίνουμε ότι ο μπαγλαμάς του έγινε άνθρωπος, φίλος που θα διώξει τα ντέρτια και τα βάσανα που έχει μέσα στην καρδιά του. Έχει ανάγνκη από φιλία κι ανθρωπιά.

Best-selling record, full of hits, old hits, new hits, and well-known and well-loved: Ιερα Οδος 1...

And suddenly last night, listening, sewing, listening... I think 'hey! what am I hearing?'

Τι 'ναι αυτό που μας ενώνει,

μας χωρίζει, μας πληγώνει

Είν' ο χρόνος που τελειώνει

και ξανά μένουμε μόνοι

Let me propose a song for Alexandros Panagoulis, the fighter and patriot against the dictatorship of 1967

The song talks about him after his death

and it talks to the greek people telling them that now it's too late to cry for him ...(you had been waiting for his death to honour him, but now it's too late for that..).

and the performance of George makes me shiver (ανατριχιάζω)!

"Εκείνος ήταν μόνος"

from the album "Για τα τραγούδια κι εγώ φταίω"

You know, Astron, when I got the whole album you mean, some at the end of March, I wanted to know, what the song is about, even understanding only some words. So clear figures of burial music here... These all repetitions, low tones, falling and long in a minor scala....

Niki answered me then, I remember. So, more discoveries in these "Gia ta tragoudia...", I see. A marvellous old thing, one of these "oldies" I've never enough of.

The whole is like a thesaurus; I wrote once: "a miracle..."

"Dodeka evzonakia", a song I overheard somehow up till now. This time I understood even almost the whole text! The recording is in the "Mousiko kouti", but I don't know at the moment, what was the origin of it.

Dear Olga,

ΔΩΔΕΚΑ ΕΥΖΩΝΑΚΙΑ is a συρτόςdance from the East of Thrace.

In the Cd that GD did with Xronis Aidonidis in 1990 it says that it`s on a well known tune which can be found all across the islands and the coasts of Asia M. but also ,a little different, in other countries of the East Mediterranean and the Balkan countries.

Here we have a musicopoetic version from the East Of Thrace

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead