Geske

Θησαυρος βαθιά κρυμμένος

58 posts in this topic

The Stavros Koujoumtzis evening here - after the whole known and unknown Ta Megala Tragoudia came "Ilioskopio" and the two songs of undescribable energy and beauty:

Αυτος, που θα φανερωθη

& Να σταματησω τον καιρο

the noble old rubins, what moved me into the deepest and make me think always (this evening with no changes); if resurrection comes, will have a lot in common with dance....

Ελα, ρε, και κοιτα στο Greek Music - Translations - Amor - Amor, σελ. 1-2.

θα βρεις και το αγγλικο κειμενο εδω, να καταλαβεις καλητερα.

Καλως ηρθες!

:blush:

Olga s' efharisto gia to kalosorisma kai gia tin polytimi voitheia sou. Mia kai eisai toso evgeniki, boreis na lyseis kapoies apories enos arhariou? Opos, gia paradeigma, giati oloi grafoun sta agglika? Einai Ellines i xenoi? Borei kaneis na symmetehei se perissoteres apo mia syzitiseis taftohrona?

This happens seldom:

the whole evening of singing along and dancing to ONE single song.

An incredibly expressive one, M. Xristodoulidis/N. Katzaouni,

"Γυρισμός" (CD: Ες γην εναλιαν Κυπρον).

A greeeat panoramic film music with marvellous wind instruments melody (flute....) and even more marvellous ornamentation figures.

Dedicated to all those members, who had the possibilty to hear this song with me last Sunday in Paris. And to this one, who gave me the song..... thank you, thank you, thank you.

Enjoy it again.

:D

I realised since yesterday exactly, why I am so "taken" by this song...

Because the percussion, ostinato violins with their pizzicato and the flute melody is soooo similar to some parts of "Legend" of Clannad to the "Robin Hood". And I liked both the film and the music indeed.

I can't remember only, what year that was. Some 1986?

"Es gin enalian Kypron" is 1991.

Clannad made the music of "Robin of Sherwood".But it was a TV series not a film :D And that was in 1984.

I don't remember the music clearly so I can't say anything about the similarity?!? :D:D:D

S Gursu

Tesekkur ederim, Sarperi, of course TV series....

(and I mean above all the last songs of the whole cycle).

And it's not a simply similarity of "music" itself, just instrumentation and a couple of motives.

Perhaps I could unconsciously remember that writing about a kind of panoramic film music yesterday.

Not only because it is Sunday and we are in the period before Easter comes:

Hymni angelon me tous rhythmous anthropon

and not only because this is the Stavros Koujomtzis' music (Henk, I know, I know you don't like it so very much...).

But because of some phrases and words what are more meaningful:

"anthropos" - from the old Greek "anatrepein" = stand up

"angelos" - "the sent one";

Every time I hear this "κάθαρα καρδία σε δοξάζει" to the flute melody, it makes easier to fulfill the sense of these words (Tin anastasin sou..).

Besides, in the "Theos Kyrios", the dearest name of God I've ever found, this of John in the Apocalypse, The One-who-is-coming, ο Ερχόμενος, causes me be really άνθρωπος like it was meant originally.

And I'll come today soon to the mountains, just to "anatrepein", to come higher.

A good Sunday to you all.

:D

I enjoy today not a Dalaras song and not a song at all, but the "Eisagogi", the spoken Introduction to "Hymnoi angelon". 19 seconds of a deep, credible man's voice, even apart from the weight of the text (Matthew 4, 23) what the speaker has to say.

I see, I like such introductions indeed,as you perhaps remember from "Ferte mou nero" (Mikra Asia) and my longlasting questions concerning Giannis Fertis.

Who knows more about the speaker here, please?

(PS. The winter weather around the most beautiful Polish mountain was sunny and full of snow in the forest :D

Δημήτρης Καταλειφός. He is a greek actor most known from his cinema movies (eg. "Kavafis" some 5-6 years ago) and the theatre. I have never seen him in a television series. :):)

The Stavros Koujoumtzis" "Ilioskopio" and the two songs of undescribable energy and beauty:

Αυτος, που θα φανερωθη

& Να σταματησω τον καιρο

the noble old rubins, what moved me into the deepest and make me think always (this evening with no changes); if resurrection comes, will have a lot in common with dance....

It's already 1.00 in the night of the Megali Paraskevi,

and I will only repeat, what I wrote even in exactly this thread already.

With the deepest ΕΥΧΑΡΙΣΤΙΑ for Stavros Koujoumtzis and Giorgo Dalara again.

O lucky day in Iraklion, October 2001, when I found these recordings.

Have a good Easter feast, all of you.

May it be a good beginning or final accent or even such a blessing (yes), like it was for me..

"Itan anthropos dikos mas".

It is from "O metoikos", so, in fact, from one of the oldest Giorgos Dalaras' recordings. 1971!!!!!!

I have heard this song now for the very very first time...

A cruel thing, something like "gliko-pikros kaimos", to use the words from an another, Manolis Mitsias' song ("Me lene GIorgo", .14 xrises epitixeies").

And now I know better, how it is, to dance, when you are in pain (one of the capabilities of Greeks, how I was told once and I could see myself later. Remember Zorbas' zeibekiko after the death of his son? How it is, to miss somebody and try to get over the uncertainty of his absence.

It is hurting, but surprisingly well understandable now for me.

And the full moon is shining over the "parathiri mou klisto" this beautiful night.

"Otan anthizoun pasxalies", and from this "Kapoion allon filises sto stoma".

Not in the Zygos version, but in the first one.

Since I know it, I was always thinking, its melody is the most perfect melody written by Stavros Koujoumtzis for Kyrio Giorgo.

"έκλαιγες εσύ σε ξένο στρόμα,

εκλαιγά και εγώ απο ντροπή".

and then the repetition in the next verse.

I can not even imagine ANYBODY else singing it. And this is, after the "Mi mou thimoneis" the second case I think so.

"Eimai ena kormi hameno" from ''Dalaras tragouda Kaldara" (1971)

is an icredible song by an incredible Dalaras.He sings it in the best way.I cannot express my feelings about this song :):D

''Giati ponas kai vasanizesai "is a very good song but a "lost treasure" also.

Hm, I think the recording "Giorgos Dalaras tragouda Apostolo Kaldara" is something rather seldom. Till I have got my exemplar in the very center of Athens a year ago, I've never seen it before.

"Giati ponas kai vasanizesai" can be "ever" heard sometimes on the 902, but not in the Dalaras version.

What about "Mena me lene Perikli", a nice young joyful title?

The two songs of Fountas in Dalaras' first personal LP:

"Dyo louloudia se mia glastra","Rixe mes stis floges tin agapi mou"

They remind me the Greek old cinema such as the movies with N. Xanthopoulos,N.Kourkoulos and Tolis Voskopoulos who were singing Kaldaras and Zampetas songs. :);)

I never thought I would put it exactly to the "Thesauro" but:

"Dixos tin kardoula sou", from the "Na'tane to '21" of Stavros Koujoumtzis again - and together with the today mentioned "Xantra sto komboloi sou" a perfect song for a tired evening of the autumn beginning or for the next hopefully good day. Call it a try of musicotherapy or whatever, it gives smiles. Just imagine, this was written for and sung by a 20 years old boy!

"Itan anthropos dikos mas".

It is from "O metoikos", so, in fact, from one of the oldest Giorgos Dalaras' recordings. 1971!!!!!!

I have heard this song now for the very very first time...

A cruel thing, something like "gliko-pikros kaimos", to use the words from an another, Manolis Mitsias' song ("Me lene GIorgo", .14 xrises epitixeies").

And now I know better, how it is, to dance, when you are in pain (one of the capabilities of Greeks, how I was told once and I could see myself later. Remember Zorbas' zeibekiko after the death of his son? How it is, to miss somebody and try to get over the uncertainty of his absence.

It is hurting, but surprisingly well understandable now for me.

And the full moon is shining over the "parathiri mou klisto" this beautiful night.

One year and more is passed,

and I can quote myself word for word, about the same song.

Only, we are waiting here for a storm again

and I have the same thought again:

the most cruel thing in life is the silence of friends.

Even if the another ones are still around.

I seldom wake up singing in the first seconds of being conscious,

but it happened today:

Mes' stous bious ton agion, from Methismena tragoudia (1996).

Since I have this album, it belongs to my absolute favourites, because of undescribably good quality of its melodies.Texts, of course (Manos Eleftheriou), but the waltz-like melodies are outstanding, gorgeous, not to say "outrageous", if heard for the first time. Even measured in the measures of Giorgos Dalaras "complete works".

Na mas zisei o Xristos Nikolopoulos!

What is he doing and writing now? I hope, a lot of such masterpieces may come in the future!

PS. Looking on the photos, showing the common work on this album, I can imagine, it was a pure joy.

And me, never thinking to put any of photos on my computer desktop, I've put one of them already some time ago.Just one depicting relax and kefi and satisfying work.

:):):)

A good day, paidia.

My new project. Starting today.

Listen to all my Dalaras records one after the other in chronological order from the beginning to the end.

It's going to take a while and I'm going to find a lot of things that I have missed.

And if I do it again next year, again I'm going to find a lot of things that I had missed.

Enas allos pragmatika yperoxos thisauros arketa bathia krymmenos, kai den ksero kai giati, isws giati ekfrazei kai arketous glyftes ths epoxhs mas, einai to "EZISE ME TO TIPOTA" apo to "THELO NA TA PO " tou Aki Panou.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead