francois

50 χρόνια ρεμπέτικο

82 posts in this topic

francois, elias is right, these songs were NOT included in the LP. At least, I have the LP just in front of me and I don't see them.

Dalaras said in the music box biography that these two songs were recorded for the LP but didn't fit in. So, I put them in the album as presented in the website, where Maraki, you can find all the songs of the LP, including these that don't exist in the CD and also some that don't exist even in the LP!!! :) (because there are more that didn't fit, not only 2)

Το σχολείο and Τα νέα της Αλεξάνδρα not on the LP ?

How can you explain, then, that I heard those songs from GD's LP for the first time in 1977 at a friend's home and recorded them on a cassette that I still have?

Francois, I can't explain it. Rena can confirm that Dalaras presented some radio broadcasts in 1984, on ERA2 (Second Program by then) where he put un-released recordings. One of them was Ta nea ths Alexandras. And he explained why this was un-released. And if Rena can't confirm it, my eyes can't be cheating me...the LP is in front of me at the moment...

Francois, I can't explain it. Rena can confirm that Dalaras presented some radio broadcasts in 1984, on ERA2 (Second Program by then) where he put un-released recordings. One of them was Ta nea ths Alexandras. And he explained why this was un-released. And if Rena can't confirm it, my eyes can't be cheating me...the LP is in front of me at the moment...

Dear Nikolas, my ears and my very vivid memory about this precious LP with rebetika on it, that I could handle so many times, and the cassette I have can't cheat me either. I confirm that those two songs were on the first version of the LP and was very disappointed when I didn't find them on the CD when I bought it a few years ago.

Besides, your diskografia is including them.

Francois, I said above that I include in the discography in thsi site all the songs that te LP included and some that it didn't include.

First of all, Elias spoke about Ta nea ths Alexandras and To sxoleio, though I meant Ta nea ths Alexandras and O,ti ki an pw de se xehnw. Not to sxoleio. Anyway, as you insist, here is what written in the mousiko kouti, in the rebetika collection, just after the contents of the first of the two CDs, where No17 and No18 songs are O,ti ki an pw de se xehnw and Ta nea ths Alexandras.

To 17ο και το 18ο τραγούδι ηχογραφήθηκαν το 1975 για το δίσκο 50 χρόνια ρεμπέτικο αλλά τελικά δεν περιλήφθηκαν σ' αυτόν. Εκδίδονται λοιπόν σήμερα για ΠΡΩΤΗ ΦΟΡΑ

This is what the music box says. And again, theLP is in front of me, do I finally have to scan it??? (it is too big I am afraid)

I do insist on the fact that Το σχολείο and Τα νέα της Αλεξάνδρα were on the very first double LP that I handled so many times in 1977 and after. There is absolutely no doubt about it..., and it is thanks to Dalaras that I bought two Mouflouzelis LPs the same year. I only heard Bithikotsis' version of Το σχολείο recently. ;):pity:

Francois, ΤΑ ΝΕΑ ΤΗΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΑΣ is NOT in the first double LP. There is absolutely no doubt about it. I`ve checked the list of the songs in the LP very carefully.

I also checked the cassette Nikolas mentioned earlier.

Dalaras in 1984 presented three programmes with unreleased recordings on ERA2 RADIO.A real treasure!!!!!!!!! In one of these programmes he talked about this particular SONG, he brodcasted it and then he said that it was a big mistake he hadn`t included the song in the LP because it was a great song. That`s all I know. I hope I could help

RENA :pity:;)

Thank you Rena. Francois, if you read my post earlier, I said I meant Ta nea ths Alexandras and O,ti ki an pw de se xehnw. Not to sxoleio, which is in the LP. But the others are not. Now, I have the LP and I don't see Ta nea ths Alexandras. I don't think there is stronger argument than this.

I'm afraid I have to agree with Nicolas on this one. First of all, my apologies for getting the songs mixed up. I thought that 'To sxoleio' and nea tis Alexandras' were the two songs that were omitted from the LP when it was released in 1975. I've checked my LP and in fact, Nicolas is right in saying that 'Oti ki an pw den se ksexnw' and 'ta nea tis Alexandras' are the two songs that were not included on the LP. I can also confirm that 'to mousiko kouti' mentions that these two songs were released in that collection for the first time.

As to how you came across them on LP Francois I don't know......very puzzling.

ILIAS ;)

I can't be mistaken !

Francois, everybody can be mistaken and it won't be the end of the world if somebody is mistaken. I don't think the point is someone to be mistaken. The point is to know the truth. I think we have used enough arguments. If you insist that your memory from 25 years ago is a stronger argument than the LP itself (do you have it?) and Dalaras himself saying in 1984 what a pity it was not to release this song and the mousiko kouti mentioning in 1997 that this song is released for the first time now, then, ok, these songs were included in the LP. ;)

But, they weren't... :pity:

They aren't in my LP either.

Could there be a special release version?

They were in the LP I used to record the cassette I have, anyway.

Andreas, your suggestion of a special release version sounds plausible.

:)

As I was just re-reading this topic,

Francois, I recently went through my old tapes and found

on my double Cassette recordings of the 50 Hronia Rembetika,

I have the same songs listed as that of Nikolas and the others

and there is no mention of the song 'Ta Nea Ths Alexandras'.

They do have on their 'To Skoloiw' and 'Ta Pedia Ths Gitonias'

However, as Nikolas pointed out

the Music box of Dalaras had said in the jacket

two songs never made it on the original LP release.

and are now released for the very first time

Thos two songs of course are:

'Oti Ki'a Pw De Se Kse'hno'

'Ta Nea Ths Alexandras'

Interesting how you have an LP different from everyone else.

And did you also know

that during the 70's and 80's Greek Musis Records and Tapes

now called GMV from NY

had sold a tape and record of Dalaras not officially

authorized by Minos EMI?

It had a real label on there with Dalaras and song track listings.

It was called "Giorgios Dalaras Trayouda Rembetika"

and it featured songs from his "Kaldaras CD titled:

'Giorgios Ntalaras Trayouda Apostolis Kaldaras'

and from his '50 Xronia Remebetika'

but did not feature the one you had

'Ta Nea Ths Alexandras'

Also on an interesting note:

GMV had a Record out around 1978

called the "Best of George Dalaras"

and compelled the highlight songs that

Dalaras sang from the 70's by

Kouyoumtzis works,

Loizos collections,

and Kaldaras

Whats interesting about it is:

its never mentioned as a personal discography of Dalaras

anywhere else his music is sold, nor was it ever written and classified in his musical programs under his Biographical productions & achievement Recordings whenever he's on tour.

:confused:

Thos two songs of course are:

'Oti Ki'a Pw De Se Kse'hno'

'Ta Nea Ths Alexandras'

Interesting how you have an LP different from everyone else.

Maybe it was an unauthorized LP I don't know really... :) But my tape from that LP contains 'Ta Nea Ths Alexandras', but not 'Oti Ki'a Pw De Se Kse'hno' (never heard this extremely beautiful song by Dalaras :confused: ).

The only thing I know is that the LP had been bought in Belgium.

François,

I have the Pente khronia Rembetiko Tragoudi. I bought it in Greece about 5 years ago but I don't think we're talking about the same thing because mine is no double Cd. It has 19 songs only.

We bought it together with Psarantonis' My thoughts are like wine old in Athens. It does contain 19 songs but it's a single CD. How many songs does the original contain? Well, it wouldn't be the first time they'd have made a double CD into only one. I have a double CD which was later published in just one, so I guess it's perfectly possible...

francois, εκπλήσσομαι που δεν γνωρίζεις αυτόν τον ιστορικό δίσκο! Πραγματικά είναι ένας από τους αντιπροσωπευτικότερους δίσκους του Γ.Νταλάρα!! Ένας δίσκος που το 1975 πούλησε πάνω από 300.000 αντίτυπα!! :wow::)

Σαφώς και η ημερομηνία που αναγράφει το www.greekbooks.gr είναι λανθασμένη! Ο δίσκος κυκλοφόρησε το 1975.

http://www.dalaras.com/diskoi/albums/50_xr...a_rempetiko.htm

:wow::D:D:D:rolleyes::razz:

Αποστόλη, πρόκειται εδώ για διπλό CD... :D Θα επικοινωνήσω μαζί τους για να μάθω τι γίνεται ακριβώς. Φυσικά ξέρω αυτόν τον ιστορικό δίσκο!!! :) Έχω μια κασσέτα που είχα κάνει από το LP, έχω και το απλό CD... αλλά τι είναι αυτό το διπλό album;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; :D

If greekbooks.gr. made a mistakethey did it 2 times.

If you go to the website you will find :

'50 ΧΡΟΝΙΑ ΡΕΜΠΕΤΙΚΟ ΤΡΑΓΟΥΔΙ ΔΙΠΛΟ CD from 16.10.2003 and

50 ΧΡΟΝΙΑ ΡΕΜΠΕΤΙΚΟ ΤΡΑΓΟΥΔΙ CD

but also:

ΛΑΤΙΝ CD and

ΛΑΤΙΝ CD from 16.10.2003!!!

www.greekbooks.gr/cd/showArtist.asp?ArtistCode=718

Προφανώς είναι ένα λάθος του greekbooks.gr. Ίσος θα έπρεπε να παραμείνουν στα βιβλία και να μην πουλάνε (ανύπαρκτα) CD. :D:)

50 ΧΡΟΝΙΑ ΡΕΜΠΕΤΙΚΟ ΤΡΑΓΟΥΔΙ

ΝΤΑΛΑΡΑΣ ΓΙΩΡΓΟΣ

Έχει αποσυρθεί

Δισκογραφική Εταιρία: MINOS

Τύπος: CD

Ημερομηνία Κυκλοφορίας: 20/7/1988

'50 ΧΡΟΝΙΑ ΡΕΜΠΕΤΙΚΟ ΤΡΑΓΟΥΔΙ

ΝΤΑΛΑΡΑΣ ΓΙΩΡΓΟΣ

Tιμή: Παλιά τιμή: 22,20 , Νέα τιμή: 21,59

*Οι τιμές σε Ξένο νόμισμα είναι ενδεικτικές.

Η τιμή την ημερομηνία της πώλησης θα υπολογίζεται σε Ευρώ.

Δισκογραφική Εταιρία: MINOS

Τύπος: ΔΙΠΛΟ CD

Ημερομηνία Κυκλοφορίας: 16/10/2003

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead