Kate

Duets (or answering Niki's question)

57 posts in this topic

-ΕΛΑ ΠΑΡΕ ΜΟΥ ΤΗ ΛΥΠΗ (xatzidakis)

-TA LIMANIA (TO  ΠΛΟΙΟ ΘΑ ΣΑΛΠΑΡΕΙ) ΤΣΙΤΣΑΝΗΣ

-ΕΛΑ ΠΑΡΕ ΜΟΥ ΤΗ ΛΥΠΗ (xatzidakis) : Astounding original version by Mouskouri in the 1960s.

-TA LIMANIA (TO ΠΛΟΙΟ ΘΑ ΣΑΛΠΑΡΕΙ) ΤΣΙΤΣΑΝΗΣ: original version by Poly Panou (I don't like Poly Panou very much, but you should also listen to her in Tsitsanis' song "Mes sti polli skotoura mou", katapliktiki foni, katapliktiko bouzouki apo ton Tsitsani).

Watching videos all night , I found out that in 1995 in a TV progamme on ET1 ( it was Ψιλό Γαζί,the presenter was Ieroklis Mihailidis , a member of ΑΓΑΜΟΙ ΘΥΤΑΙ) Dalaras sings :

`` Αν θυμηθείς τ`όνειρό μου`` with Ηρώ - ,she is wellknown in Greece the last couple of years,she writes both the lyrics and the music for her songs. Dalaras himself introduced her then as a very good singer and also a very good musician.

They also sang aTheodorakis song ``Αστέρι μου φεγγάρι μου``-Dalaras playing the quitar and Hrw the piano- With the Greek actor G. Kimoulis.

RENA

Dear all. Many thanks for all the information. I've put it into the database. I now have another favour to ask you :) In addition to the information you've given me, I've been listening to all the songs I can, and have come up with a list of 'songs that seem to have other singers but I don't know who they are'. This is attached. I'd be really grateful if anyone could let me know (by e mail or personal messge) who the mystery singers are (and I apologise for the fact that they may be much less mysterious to you than me, but I often have very little extra information with my recordings)

Kate

(and apologies also if this includes stuff that I've already been told about. I have checked it once but I suspect not thoroughly enough)

Songs_with_other_singers_but_I_don__t_know_who_they_are.doc

Λοιπόν ....

After a quick glance at the list (I will have tomorrow a better search in the songs), I have to say:

-LATIN songs: Generally there are second voices by Dionysis Theodosis, Glykeria ("Ti sou kana kai m' egantelispes" and in others), Protopsalti (in one song ...except "Mambo Brasilero" where Dalaras does a second voice) and a another spanish singer

-To Teleftaio Antio: Dalaras himself does the second voice

-To 'Pes: Dalaras does the second voice and also Tsaligopoulou joins in the refrain . "Mi Gyrizeis Pia" : Eleni Tsaligopoulou and generally she is the second voice in the songs of this CD.

-Live In The Mann Auditorium: Kalliopi Veta does the second voices (In Aspro Peristeri videoclip, we can notice her next to Dalaras with a white dress and long hair)

-Live And Unplugged: Here, Anastasia Moutsatsou does the second voices:

- O Tragoudistis: Here Dalaras himself does the second voice.

-Sta Psila Ta Parathyria & Mikres Politeies: mainly Anna Vissi does the female second voices

- Thessaloniki Giannena In some songs of these CD there is a chorus created by Basis, Makedonas and some more (They are mentioned in the booklet of the CD).

These hints for the moment: .... :):music: .... More Tomorrow .... .... .... ....

:rolleyes:

A!! Something else ....I listened today the LP of Haris Aleksiou "H Agapi Einai Zali" of 1986, where Dalaras does the second voice in the songs: "H Agapi Einai Zali" and "Eipame Na Min Hathoume" and also participates in the chorus of "Eleni". !!!! .

:) And some more information as I listened to some more songs (sorry for this gradual reply but I have no free time these days)

Vammena Kokkina Mallia: Second Voice: Dalaras..

To Dentro: Second Voice: Probably a female voice, I don't know who

Ena Tragoudi Ap' T' Algeri: Second Voice: Dalaras..

Enas Kompos H Hara Mou: Second Voice: Dalaras..

Sta Hronia Tis Ypomonis: First Voice: Vissi, Second Voice: Dalaras

Pente Hronia Dikasmenos: Second Voice: Katerina Stanisi

LIL & Karavani (Attikon LIVE): Second Voices: There are female voices (Eva Tselidou, Maria Aristopoulou, Natasa Makrynikola). They are also at "Dimosthenous Leksis".

Tracking down all the Dalaras duets turned out to be quite a difficult task. Many many thanks to Niki, Rena, Christos Regnis, Christo and everyone else who provided the information for this. Also many apologies for taking so long to come up with an answer - or at least part of an answer - as these are only the singers, not the songs. These are of course all in the earlier posts, but I'll do a list as soon as I can.. As everyone who helped with this has said, there are certainly many more that we haven't found yet (particularly I think from the live performances) , so any more information would be gratefully received.

Looking at this I was wondering who was missing. For me the most surprising omission was Arvanitaki. I was quite sure she was there somewhere but I've checked and so far come up with nothing. It would also be nice to know if Dalaras has ever sung with Poulopoulos.

This also made me start thinking about my own favourite. Unwise, I know when looking at talent of this magnitude, but still tempting. In spite of carefully considering Francois' objections, I have to say that for me it is still the songs with Papakonstantinou at the Attikon.

One of the most amazing things for a non-Greek discovering Greek music is the extent to which Greek singers perform together. (It's very unusual in the UK - perhaps because so many of our singers can't - sing live that is - as anyone who saw the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert in the early 'nineties will know!) The Dalaras/Papakonstantinou songs epitomise this for me, because these two singers have such different styles, and yet perform so beautifully and successfully together (at least I think they do!).

So, here's the list - any mistakes, as always, are mine.

Recordings

Joan Faulkner

Sting

Jethro Tull

Xρόνης Αϊδονίδης

Χάρις Αλεξίου

Καιτη Αμπαβη

Γεράσιμος Ανδρεάτος

Μαρία Αριστοπούλου

Mελίνα Ασλανίδου

Στέλιος Βαμβακάρης

Καλλιόπη Βέτα

Αννα Βίσση

Ελένη Βιτάλη

Δήμητρα Γαλάνη

Σαβίνα Γιαννάτου

Χρήστος Γκάρτζος

Γληκερία

Mηχάλης Δημητριάδης

Λίτσα Διαμάντη

Δ Διαμαντιίδου

Ελένη Δίιμου

Χρίστος Ζέρβας

Διονύσης Θεοδόσης

Μίκης Θεοδωράκης

Χρήστος Θηβαίος

Αγ. Ιακωβίδης

Απόστολος Καλδάρας

Πάνος Κατσιμίχας

Αιμιλία Κουγιουμτζή

Λάκης Λαζόπουλος

Γιώργος Λέντζας

Γιώτα Λύδια

Νατάσα Μακρυνικόλα

Γιώτα Μάνεση

Μαρινέλλα

Γιάννης Μαρκόπουλος

Τασσα Μαυριδου

Λαυρένττης Μαχαιρίτσας

Χρήστος Νικολόπουλος

Οπισθωδρομικοί

Βασίλης Παϊτέρης

Βαγγέλης Παπάζογλου

Βασίλης Παπακονσταντίνου

Χ. Πομώνη

Προτωπσάλτι

Πυξ Λαξ

Διονύσης Σαββόπουλος

Κατερίνα Σατνίση

Στάμος Σέμσης

Κατερίνα Στανίση

Μπάμπης Στόκας

Συνύθεις Ύποιπτοι

Διονύσης Τσακνής

Ελένη Τσαλιγοπούλου

Εύα Τσελίδου

Γιούλη Τσίρου

Βασίλης Τσιτσάνης

Υπόγεια Ρεύματα

Mαρία Φαραντούρη

Γιάννης Φέρτης

Μάριος Φραγκούλης

Μανώλης Φύμελλος/Ποδηλάτες

Χρυσούλα Χριστοπούλου

Live performances

Thanasis Gaifilias

George Moustaki

Emma Shapplin

Joselyn B. Smith

Sting

Χρόνης Αϊδονίδης

Χάρις Αλεξίου

Γεράσιμος Ανδρεάτος

Στέλιος Κουγιουμτζής

Γλυκερία

Αλκίνοος Ιωαννίδης

Στέλιος Καζαντζίδης

Κατσιμιχαίοι

Πάνος Κατσιμίχας

Λουκιανός Κηλαϊδόνης

Γιάννης Κότσιρας

Kώστας Μακεδόνας

Μαρινέλλα

Λαυρέντης Μαχαιρίτσας

Mελίνα Μερκούρη

Nανά Μούσχουρη

Δημήτρης Μπάσης

Λίνα Νικολακοπούλου

Χρήστος Νικολόπουλο

Γιάννης Πάριος

Ελένη Τσαλιγοπούλου

Βασίλης Τσιτσάνης

Μαρία Φαραντούρη

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead