Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ILIAS

Dalaras autograph

9 posts in this topic

Ok, I have a question. When I was in Greece a couple of years ago, I went to Monastiraki and bought a used copy of the Dalaras album 'Ρεμπέτικα της κατοχής' (Rebetika sogs during Greece's occupation by the Nazis) on vinyl.

Upon opening the record sleeve, I noticed to my astonishment that it had an inscription and what seemed to be an autogrraph by Dalaras himself!!! It's in blue ink and reads 'Στον φίλο μου τον ΓΙΩΡΓΗ' (To my friend George) followed by the autograph.

My question is this...is there any way of confirming whether the autograph and inscription are genuine?

Unfortunately I don't have a scanner so I can't scan the thing, but any information would be greatly appreciated.

Ilias :)

Hristaki

I've made the comparison and the autographs are very similar. That was the only way I had of comparing it and that's good enough for me...unless proven otherwise, I will take it as a genuine autograph by the man himself! :)

Thanks for your suggestion.

ILIAS

MarianS

the autograph I have, has the 'loop' and the two dots as Hristaki mentioned. I'd be interested to know how you came across the autographs you have.....just out of curiosity.

ILIAS :)

Ilias,here is a sample of Dalaras' autograph.He does not always put the two dots on his autograph.I have 10-12 autographs from him and they vary........

post-1-1030418773.jpg

Sarantii

thank you for sharing the photo of the autographed guitar. Truly a collector's item!!!! Comparing it with the signed record I have, I can say that the writing style is the same and the autograph is very similar.

Again, thanks for sharing the great photo.

ILIAS :D

I'd be interested to know how you came across the autographs you have.....

well, sometimes, if you ask him nicely, he gives you one :D

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0