Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NikosDalarovios

Ideas for new cd

13 posts in this topic

One of the great advantages of George Ntalaras as a singer,is that he has performed a big variety of different types of musik. He can perform one rempetiko with the same success as one rock baland, a latin or classical musik. I think this risk that he takes by trying new things in his work, makes him unique between other singers.

In which new type of musik would you like to see Ntalaras performing in a possible new cd?

(Think of a kind of musik that Ntalaras has never performed before in his career and you believe that he could perform it in a succesfull way)

I would like to see a cd of Ntalaras with famous songs of other countries that he has never performed in the past. These could be variety of songs from United Kingdom, from Italy, from Spain, from the Balkans, from France, from Russia etc. (from all over the world!)

Some examples of such songs that Ntalaras performed in the past are Canzone per te, Con te partiro, Canzone Arrabbiata, Luna Rosa, Shai, Mad about you, Hasta siempre.

Another suggestion would be a second cd on Latin songs. I think the Latin cd is a great work and Ntalaras performance of these songs is amazing. So I believe it is worth to continue the Latin section with a second cd.

I think Dalaras should try to sing "dimotika" again.Also I think he should make a CD of Kazantzidis and Bithikotsis old songs.It would be wonderfull. ;)

For those who know "A bord de L'Aspasia": it fascinates me because when you think it's over, he starts singing it again, and it turns into a jazz piece. "αυτό, Κυρίες και Κύριοι, είναι ένα δείγμα από την Ελληκή τζαζζ!" :wow:

And imho he does it marvellously well, and has a great voice for it. He hasn't done all that much, in that style, and don't you think it could be good if he did some more? I'd like it...

I agree with Stolis. I think (from talks with others) many will welcome a CD with dimotika, including myself. And I think that Nikolas would love it...

For those who know "A bord de L'Aspasia": it fascinates me because when you think it's over, he starts singing it again, and it turns into a jazz piece. "αυτό, Κυρίες και Κύριοι, είναι ένα δείγμα από την Ελληκή τζαζζ!" :razz:

And imho he does it marvellously well, and has a great voice for it. He hasn't done all that much, in that style, and don't you think it could be good if he did some more? I'd like it...

From which cd does that come from, Geeske???

Γραμμές των Οριζόντων (Grammes ton Orizonton).

This is a double cd (well, originally a double LP) of poems by Nikos Kavvadias, set to music by Thanos Mikroutsikous, and sung by Dalaras, by the composer himself, by Vasilis Papakonstandinou and by Haris and Panos Katsimichas. This song is also on some collections I expect, at least it is "George Dalaras - The Greek Spirit".

But you don't want to miss Καραντί, and Εσμεράλδα, and Γυναίκα, and Σταυβρός του Νότου (oooooooo!) - and that indescribable song Θεσσαλονίκη, (that Dalaras sings on the Attikon live recording) in a version by Haris Katsimichas with Mikroutsikous (the only think I can reproach them with, is that they are not Dalaras)...

Sorry. Got a bit carried away there. I've only had the record for three days you see (even though I knew L'Aspasia before).

And btw. Just to be on the safe side. The quote about Ελληνική Τζαζζ is completely, I mean com-ple-te-ly out of context, as everyone who has Τα τραγούδια μου can hear :razz:

And p.s. I apologize for being off-topic. To get back to it: very occasionally, we get to hear a harp accompanying Dalaras; and you know what? I think it really compliments his voice. I know, it's silly, harps are for 19th century romantics and for new-age thingies, but still, I like the way it sounds with his voice. So I hope we will use it some more, sometime.

Πιστεύω πως ο Θεός μας ασχολήθηκε με όλα τα σοβαρά είδη ελληνικής μουσικής και άγκιξε πληθώρα πτυχών της ξένης μουσικής. Βέβαια τα περιθώρια ποτέ δεν εξαντλούνται και αν λάβει κανέις υπόψην την επαναστατικότητα του Νταλάρα και την τάση του να καινοτομεί πάντοτε εισάγωντα καινούργια στοιχεία, δεν μπορεί κανείς να προβλέψει τι μεγαλοιώδες έπεται...  :D   :D  :D

New project with (for example) Charles Dutoit : Joaquin Rodrigo's "Concierto de Aranjuez" (it's a proper classical concerto for orchestra and solo instrument, except that it's for guitar - quite a rarity; also a really wonderful piece of music).

Just for a change...

Great news everyone

I just received the new winter catalog from GMVC in NY

and they announced new cd releases on the way for March.

and guess who has a new one coming out?

Yup you guessed right our beloved GD has a cd coming out next month.  

YEah   :D  :cool:

I wonder which one of the three it will be?

Apostolis

No I don't unfortunately.

However, I do believe it will be one of the 3 Sarantiss or Anna told us about from last month,

It will be either a tribute to the works of Theodorakis,

Tsitsanis or his new Laiko Cd.

I guess will just have to wait and see.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0