Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geske

Dalaras a Saint?

54 posts in this topic

The only thing I will say is that I am sure that Giorgos does not see himself as a saint. He must have his own faults as all us humans have even if we don't know what they are.

He's human with a great talent and if that makes us feel better when listening to him then I'm sure that would please him, but don't try to make him into a saint as I'm sure he would hate that.

In Cyprus when they write Anthropos, they feel that he is a caring human being, of which there are not so many these days :):)

OK, Francois, but be sure: using a word "saint" or any other religious one, I always try to be very careful and very aware of that what I am saying. I try not to "mix" anything up. Especially when you are online, my dear friend. And let me say again, it was not me as first, using this very severe word here. :):):)

Of course, Giorgos Dalaras himself would laugh apo kardias hearing this word "saint" connected with his person, I am so sure! But, mutatis mutandis, a topic like "Dalaras-Anthrops", as I see, goes on... Let it be so, and thanks!!!

"A caring human being" - how I must smile at the moment hearing that connected with Kyrio Giorgaki Dalara... Many thanks, Lynne!

Hey, friends! After reading some of Prespes reports I could give here some points which make the whole topic "Saint" really (or better: again) meaningful. Just to smile with all of you, not to laugh at anybody, really. Your words gave me a good mornig today, thanks! A bit "kefi" would harm nobody...

1. You say GD can not be supernatural in some moments? He "scares the clouds away" and makes "magic" things.

2. Every saint has some relic bound with him: here we are: THE GUITAR! And, one of us described the meaning of it so like a real relic: "Meeting the guitar is almost meeting GD himself".

And then tell me, the topic is irrelevant or not needed or exaggerated. Only, we must be very delicate one with another discussing this one in this or another way. Let's continue. :D:D:D:D:D:):):):):)

2. Every saint has some relic bound with him: here we are:

What about his famous white T-shirt ? :D:D:D Let us be reasonable... :D

Dear Melissa, it means, this picture I had immediately "in my mind's eyes" : a laugh of Giorgos Dalaras, did not offend you, I suppose?

A laugh of Giorgos Dalaras: yes, the second ability he developed perfectly (after singing of course), is, I think: he can smile apo kardias or not all (compare the comments to some fotos: GD riding a bike)

So, methinks, we agree in this point, Melissa? You see, I must be very careful with my not so very perfect English. I have to be sure I understood well, what the others are writing or saying....

A quick response in my radio: (902 aristera sta FM) "Tha pio apopse to fengari" , GD in the Zygos recording.... Eeeech, Dalaras magic... elá!!!!!!!!

It is very interesting, but I haven't found much on the internet yet. I will have to look for the notes I had taken some years ago about it! :) Perhaps we could also ask Sarper what he knows about it...

Sarper, then elá, don't make us wait!

Melissa, thanks a lot - and I begin my day then with "gliko xamogelo" again, yesterday finished in that way. :)

Sarper, then elá, don't make us wait!

Perhaps he doesn't know much about it, but I am almost certain he knows something interesting :) .

Here I am :D

You want to be informed about musicotheraphy?

However it's not one of those subjects taught in today's modern medical schools,I think I may give you some simple hints about it :) (but I won't bore you with technical details :) )

Musicotherapy seems to be a very old treatment method.It was widely used by the doctors,in ancient times.

It was even mentioned in Homers Odyssey.In a part of this story,after being wounded,Odyseus's bleeding was stopped by sons of Autolicus by singing songs for him.

In ancient times,the cause of all diseases was believed to be evil spirits and banishing these evil spirits was the only treatment.Music was used by doctors of that time (who were half religious people) to reach this aim.

It was one of the major treatment methods used in the famous Pergamon Asclepion where there were many famous doctors of that time such as Galenos,his father Nikon,Stratonikos,Satiros (and many others whose names I don't remember now :) )

In those times many doctors were also musicians :)

It was mainly used for mental diseases.And the melody was chosen according to the illness.That means for a depressive patient a lively melody and for a maniac a slower one was preferred :huh: And they were usually successful.

When I visited the museum of Pergamon this summer (the one in Bergama/Izmir not the one in Berlin :razz: ) I also had the chance to see some of the instruments used for this aim.

Today musicotherapy is still being used all around the world.

I know that there are many specialized musicotherapists in Russia and China.And these people say that they can treat not only mental diseases but also other organic diseases :huh:

But the majority of today's modern doctors regard musicotherapy as a part of psychotherapy.

I hope this helps you,

S Gursu

Thanks a lot, Sarper, for the words you wrote...

And an additional question: have you ever seen the museum in Berlin? The effect of ancient works of art and places of worship with the concert 5.07. together - how great it was! (althought you may know that already after our reports). And in the old Epidauros - I begin to dream again - I wonder how a concert of Giorgos Dalaras would sound there.... Or on the stadion of Delphi - in my opinion two of these most significant places Greece has up till now! A multiplicated "healing" effect of music guaranteed!

In Holland one can add music-therapy as a post-university study. I know because my son, who did a social study and music, wanted to do so.

He did not because it costed him 2 more years of study...

And in Germany music-therapy is a part of Creative Therapies. Not a whole study but one subject. This wasn't available in Holland, so my daughter went for half a year to Koln to study.

This my listening to the Kyrios Giorgos' songs today morning was with hope: I get a good medicine against nationalism I was fed up with in the last two days. The whole "Sillogi 1/1", from "Kapou nixtonei" to "MI mou thimoneis" (especially "Tourkos ego kai esi Romios") and I feel bettter already.

The similar feeling of coming to the right place like I had in April, close to the Greek flag on the ship Patras - Ancona. When the wind caused, that the flag was completely around me. I felt comforted and proud of it.... But not against anybody, just only "for".

Σ' ευχαριστω, Κυριε Γιωργο.

Melissa,

I would perhaps describe it in another words and mention the other songs,

but I had a very good night today and good dreams, and again after this beloved introduction into "good night", like the "Mι mou thimoneis" always was. Just even for my brain, how I realized more times.

Σ'ευχαριστω, Γιωργο Νταλαρα.

:D You make the other ones jealous, Melissa. And, if Kyrios Giorgos Dalaras is a saint, he may still need a God to make him saint.... :)

Well, I understand the reason here once more, Issoun Theos is a song - is a song - is a song - :)

if Kyrios Giorgos Dalaras is a saint, he may still need a God to make him saint.... :D

Men make people saints, not gods... and men can be very silly sometimes: look at the pope making a saint of that mad fascist bloke who initiated the "Opus Dei" !!! :):):)

Dalaras, a saint ? Never !!!

Dalaras, one of the best living singers on our planet ??? YES!!!

I agree with you totally,Francois!! :) He is a wonderful person,one of the best singer and a great musician!! :) But no Saint!!!!And I think he don't want to be!! :D :D

Hej, Francois, I knew you would disagree and protest :D , I meant here, like I always do, the quality of life of the saints, not the halo given in the church (althought it must not be always opposite).

Franz, I agree the words you wrote here, and Melissa, I know about only one God :)

Dear All, you know, what? I would like to hear this cordial laugh of Kyrio Giorgo and his Family reading the whole topic..... :):D is it not you, Francois, who wrote once about "first class admirers"?

:D:D:D:D:D

Melissa, should you need my help by making a silver wreath (I don't like gold)), let me now, OK?

:D:D:D:D:D

Does Christianism teach about humility too?

:music::D Should you have an Gospel exemplar, then look into the Gospel of Matthew chapter 5 and 6, 11, 25-30, and enjoy..... Or, if f you want, write a PM, I could try to give some examples.

:music:

"A person I respect enormously" - we all experience here something similar, don't we? I've even heard, let's say once more, a question: is Giorgos Dalaras your religion? My answer is: no, but one of the greatest blessings of my personal and family life.

:)

Today morning I wrote my fiscal documents,

then I met somebody in our kings' castle,

then I had to bring my tourists after a very intensive 11 days trip to their happy return flight,

then I had my Greek lessons and a work over a long text in a foreign language,

then I heard again "Ston kipo megalonei i Rodia" (thanks, file stin Ameriki :rolleyes:

then I decided to put on a festive dress and dance to the song again and again

one of my thoughts was "Giorgos Dalaras, a great teacher of joy"

then I decided to put it here with a big smile,

"να'ναι μεγάλη σου η χάρη"

:)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0