Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aldebaran

If G.Dalaras ask us ...

68 posts in this topic

Hellow brothers.

Of course it's a dificult question because GEORGE every year keep for us a big surprise.There are many artists that never GEORGE sing with them.

I want very mach to see with GEORGE the excelant artist Sokrati Malama.Also Alkinoo Ioannidi or Orfea Peridi.Why not Niko Papazoglou or Niko Portokaloglou or Active Member.For lyrics programm Gianni Kotsira or (the fantastic) Glykeria(specially rebetika)

I want egain together-sometime-GEORGE with Vasili Papakonstantinou,or Katsimicha or Stoka.

I am sure that ,our favorite artist,will surprised us. Of course I don't mean only this year ,I mean and the next and the next...

"Eιν' απ'το δεντρο του Θεου

η ριζα που κρατει με,

δωστε μου μια ταυτοτητα

να θυμηθω ποιος ειμαι"

:D:D:D:D:D:):):)

Malamas. Definitely.

That man has probably the weirdest voice I ever liked. What it will sound like with Dalaras' ??? And those songs...

.... Of course I don't mean only this year ,I mean and the next and the next...

I don't think that Dalaras is going to sing for many more years. He is 52 already!! :D

considering the fact that Georgo takes very good care of his health.He does not smore ,overeat or drink he should be able to go into his 60's at the very least..I also see him producing and overseeing other artists recordings after that.....Perhaps politics is in his future as well ??

Apostolis

You can't be serious! Look at all the other singers, like Paul (what's his name already, of the Beatles), Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Paul Anka ... They are about the same age as GD and are trying to reestablish themselves. On the other hand, GD has never stopped, he only gets better with age, like wine ...

Oum Kalthoum sang until she was 80 (two years before her death). Her voice was perfect. She had started when she was 5.

Dalaras is strong and healthy too... so,...

A co-operation with Malamas? Great! :D:D Why not?

I wish and I hope that Dalaras would sing for another 50 years!

But, I think that he will stop singing if he notices any decay in his voice.

P.S. : I don't want Dalaras's voice to be decayed!!

Apostolis, a voice is always good if there's daily work and training (and no invalidating illness, of course...). GD's voice will change with time. It has already changed..., but it changes for the better, as he is a hard-working person.

Perhaps politics is in his future as well ??

I should bloothy well hope NOT! Do you want him dead of despair and exhaustion within half a year or what?

No, he will go like Moliere and Tommy Cooper...

Let me borrow the words of an 8 year old girl :

... and even if your heart stops beating, you will always live within me ...

How about that for Dalaras.

Micki

(btw those words were not adressed to me)

Lovely words Micki :D

I'm sure that he will continue to sing until he feels his voice going - if it goes. Lots of singers continue for years and even until they die.

Probably he will have to slow down and not do so many concerts all over the world as it's very tiring, and believe me as I am nearing 50 "even if the mind is willing the body is weak". It gets harder to do everything you want to do. So you have to become more selective and make choices.

I cannot believe seriously he would consider politics as I have the impression that he doesn't have a lot of time for politicans in general, although he might consider helping charities etc in some way. BUT NEVER A POLITICAN PLEASE NO :)

So we should all hope for the best for his health and even if we can't see him so often a little is better than nothing at all :D:):):)

It is so true what you said Lynne. I can confirm it ,because I am only two month older than G.D. :D But I hope ,the older G.D. is the better he will be!!He likes his music and his fans so much, so I am sure we can expect so much good music from him in the future!! :)

Franz :D

I`d be very happy and I `m sure he would be ,too, if he ever sang with Mercedes Sosa, whom he `s admired for many years .

Well, Idon`t know when he is going to stop singing-I wish he NEVER will- but I believe that he `ll be `around` music till the end of his life as long as he is well and healthy.

RENA

I think that even when he stops singing perhaps in the age of 58-60, he will continue offering a lot of things in music. I think that he is going to be occupied with his other great talent (unexploited until now) : the music composition or as a producer of new artistis and groups.... Who knows?

Another thing that it is likely to happen is that we will never hear his voice in a decay as he knows how an when to retire. I don't think that he will continue singing like Mosholiou, Tzeni Vanou or Parios (or even Mpithikotsis ... i am very sad when i listen to him singing at the age of 80+!!) whose voices have changed for the worse and i can't stand listening to them any more (especially Tzeni Vanou) as I have to compare their present voice with the voice they had some 10 or 20 0r 30 years ago and was magnificent !! :D

I think that Dalaras is very clever and i think that his mental health will be excellent until the age of 100! :D so as not to be induced (παρασυρθεί) by his emotions and continue singing....

-------------- :)

We feel that GEORGE isn't 53.His health and his voice is still fantastic and he looks younger. GEORGE will stoped when he will still on the top.After 15 years and we'll see, but for the moment it's wrong to open this conversation.Να σε εχει ο θεος καλα ρε Γιωργη

<<εγω θα σου μιλω με τα τραγουδια μου.........>>

I trust Dalaras. That means that when he 'll say it's time to retire from singing, he would have good reasons for it, as he has good reasons for staying active up to now. I cherrish everymoment of him and Micki is right:

"....and even if your heart stops beating, you will always live within me ...."

And make a note: Dalaras may retire from singing but he could NEVER retire from music! And that's what makes me happy! Many singers are worried about their voices and if something happens to it they are so sad... I know I 'd be sad if anything happens to his voice and Dalaras would also be sad, but Dalaras is not just a singer! Dalaras is a musician! Every day that passes I can see it more clearly! Dalaras lives with music. If you take away music from him, he would be unhappy and miserable. Not singing is something he can deal with. Not playing music or being related with it is NOT. And of course I agree and I think that he will devote his time in writing music, producing and helping new and old artists to find their way!

Niki, you make a very good point..I can tell you from Georgos mouth himself that "Dalaras lives with music"...You reminded me of a conversation i had once with him while driving to the theatre a few hours before the show..Two things i remember clearly .One was he asked me to please turn down the air conditioner as it would bother his singing voice.Living in the southern United States it gets very hot and humid so i am used to running the air conditioner very cold in the car.I forget that when i have visitors from Greece they are not as used to using A/C and it bothers them.He was of course concerned about his voice.So, i quickly turned it off....During that long drive to the theatre from his hotel we spoke about many topics and one was our passion for music.He was asking me about my musical tastes and my guitar collection and passion for music..He then went on to tell me how much he still enjoys music and he has not lost the passion he had for it since he was a young child..I think what Niki says is very,very true and i can tell from conversations and being around him in the theatre that he trully loves what he does..I would have to say he is more confortable on stage than he is in crowds around the city...One of the best times i had was watching Dalaras rehersing on stage hours before another concert,him alone in the theatre exept for me and my wife...It was so interesting to be alone in an empty theatre and Dalaras on stage without any band and him just playing freestyle on his guitar..He just played freely.It was one of my favorite moments....Its very obvious that Dalaras still has much passion for music.It shows every time he gets on stage..I have been involved in concerts and have seen artists who just go thru the motion.Its about the money.........

Here is something else to think about. I think you will see Dalaras slow down when his Daughter gets to college age.She is 14 now and when she gets to be 18 or 19 you will then see his work schedule reduced..I can possibly see her traveling abroad to go to school and this may effect his the amount of time he puts into music......

He has already reduced his concerts to about 50 a year.You may see it reduced even more with other priorities in his life.But i dont ever see him completely leaving music.Its in his blood.......

Hristaki......I also hope that you are wrong.When you say:He doesn't need too. Do you mean in case of money?? :)

I think Dalaras will sing a long time. When you see him on stage,you can see and feel how many joy he has!!

And I think Georgianna is no reason to end his carrier. Music is his life! :)

Franz ;)

I don't see why it will make such a difference to him what Giorgianna does, as she has been at all all these years and he has had to leave often enough anyway.

I also believe that he will sing whatever as you only have to see him on stage to see how happy he is singing and especially playing with an audience. He can't just give it up - unless his voice goes or something serious like that. I'm sure he will slow down but not stop.

Anyway we don't want to think it about it - we all hope he will go on and on for years yet :);):):razz::mad:

I know he will not stop completely as music is deep in his blood.However he will slow down and do less and less tours and maybe record more of his own songs and still be involved with music.Probably more studio work than live concert work.I also see him living away from Greece a bit more and taking up residence in another place? After all its harder to be recognized and bothered while living in another country....Although living in Greece is probably his first choice it also presents a problem with privacy..If he lives elesewhere its easy to blend in and be a regular guy on the street...Without saying too much i see him living abroad more after he decides to slow down...

GD is only 53 !!! :) I do hope he will sing for many many years to come!

Here's an example of an immense singer, Elisabeth Schwarzkopf, the famous soprano famous for her interpretations of Mozart and Richard Strauss. She was born in 1915 and lives relatively quietly in her home in Zürich, visited by friends and a few pupils, but she still appears in public whenever she can. Her voice is still GREAT! I saw her on television recently, a live brodcast in which she sang 6 Mozart arie. No secret: a healthy discipline for the voice, the body and the mind...

GD has the same strengh I think... All those artists are made of the same metal: an infinite love for music, and a lot of work.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0