Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anna

Petra theatre 25.09.2002

36 posts in this topic

well this is how it should be, one concert just gone......they announce the next!!

The 25th of September, at Petra theatre, Petroupolis, with the Dalaras concert the petra festival 2002 will end!

Have a look at:www.cultureguide.gr

REGNIS = CHRISTOS - REGNIS (it's the same person - it's me !!)

:D:D

Well.....

In Greece an artist is awarded a GOLD DISC when he has sold 25,000 discs (the limit for the gold disc was 50,000 some years ago but it has been changed since 1997)

In addition if an artist overcomes the limit of 50,000 sales he is awarded a PLATINUM DISC (or πλατινένιο ή πλατίνα in greek) (The limit for the platinum disc was 100,000 some years ago but it was also changed!)

Finally, if a disc has sales of more 100,000 or 200,000 pieces, the artist is awarded a second or third platinum disc and so on.... In this case we can say that he is awarded a MULTI-PLATINUM DISC !! :)

---------The limits for GOLD and PLATINUM for the cd-singles are smaller....

:razz::D

Christo, I have a question about Gold and Platinum awards in Greece.

When I was there in the early 80s, I distinctly remember hearing on the radio that a Gold award was given for the double LP "The Concert in Central Park" by Simon and Garfunkel, for sales of 50,000 copies.

In reality, the album sold 25,000 copies but it still received the award because it was a double album (25,000 copies x 2 records = 50,000). Personally I didn't think that it was a fair way of awarding an album Gold status. Although LPs have since changed to CDs, does your book say anything about this issue? Is this still the case?

Just curious...:D

ILIAS

Those awards are not a mark of quality. They are only here to show that a record was successful (the fact that a record is successful is no indication of good quality), they are a indication of commercial satisfaction, there's no artistic aim in them. Dalaras does not need such such awards. The quality of his work is so obvious.

Excuse me.... who refers to the double CD 50 xronia Rembetiko?

Is Dalaras going to sing rembetica in that concert?

Please...say "YES!"

Follow Anna's link, Niki: the page it leads to announces the concert and gives the usual bio of Dalaras, and that's where the record is mentionned.

Btw. I only know 50 χρόνια Ρεμπετικο τραγούδι as a double LP or a single CD - is there a double CD too??? Which would include the songs they had to leave out of the single one???? (I guess not, it's probably just an innacuracy... but hope dies hard)

As to the programme, the link says "from his whole career", so my guess is that it will be close to the Από καρδιάς programme.

I only know 50 χρόνια Ρεμπετικο τραγούδι as a double LP or a single CD - is there a double CD too??? Which would include the songs they had to leave out of the single one???? (I guess not, it's probably just an innacuracy... but hope dies hard)

Let's keep some hope about that CD, Geeske: in my posts about "50 xronia rebetiko tragoudi", I had written that it was no longer available from some sites. www.greekbooks.gr even wrote "exei aposyrthei", which might mean that they may be considering an "epanekdwsh" with all the songs, which, of course, would be great!

ILIAS, I forgot to mention that the double CDs take the award of the GOLD of PLATINUM DISC for sales of 12,500 (2 x 12,500 = 25,000) and 25,000 (2 x 25,000 = 50,000) respectively .... However, I don't think that this is very fair as nowadays the price of normal or a double album - CD tends to be the same .... (some 20 Euros in Greece). Many "commercial" artrists in Greece publish double cds which one of them has only 9 or 10 songs (!!!!) in order to have double sales and get awarded a gold or platinum disc faster...... :):)

Αλλά τι λειτουργεί σωστά και δίκαια... για να λειτουργεί αυτό ??

Just as I thought Christo. It seems that many artists are taking advantage of the situation and are releasing double CDs for the sake of earning awards sooner.....but as francois said in an earlier post, a Gold or Platinum award doesn't necessarily reflect the quality of the material on an album.

The last sentence in your post (...Αλλά τι λειτουργεί σωστά και δίκαια... για να λειτουργεί αυτό ??) sums up the situation nicely...:)

ILIAS

Hey guys,

would about Dalaras Live Orfeas Concert album

titled, "Ta Tragoudia Moy".

I believe Nikolas (in the discography section from his old site) indicated to us that it sold over a 1,000,000.00 copies worldwide.

I'm not even sure if any other Greek artist has toppled this cd in sales yet.!!!!!!!!

:wow:

Yes, he is the FIRST as far the greek artists who live and work mainly in greek is concerned. :wow::music::music:

There also are two greek women (Nana Mouskouri and Vicky Leandros) who made a great career outside greece with sales of 250 million and 80 million respectively. However, their career can not be considered greek but international as their discs had published in foreign languages and they worked abroad. Their sales in Greece are much less than Dalaras who is undoubtably the first !! :D

Of course.... quality (and not quantity )is first of all ..

:music:

These posts with very large images cause technical problems when viewing the topic. Please check the size of the picture and resize before posting if necessary.

If you look carefully at earlier messages about roughly the same information than you will notice that the earlier informatiuon is from 1972 and so less complete

OK! :D

I' ve written only the Lps and CDs of G.D. that have awarded with a golden or platinum disc (the first award took place in 1972!) and I didn't write the whole discography of Dalaras.

But ok.... i don't think that finally an image is a big problem as once you download it, it will be stored in the memory (temp. internet files) for some time .. :D

Odyseus3, I said a VIEW problem.

It's not the size of the file (though you might take pity on the guys who have only a phone line). It's the size of the picture on the screen. It stretches the forum page so that we have to scroll left to right to read the posts. This is very annoying.

Please re-size the picture to a manageable number of cm 's width before posting, thank you.

For completeness I'll add page 605 here.

So in fact almost everything is together in TWO pages after printing them out. If you still use a phoneline I advice to move over to ADSL or Cable.

I must be a great deal cheaper too.

BTW these files are around 250kb

However a bigger problem is that all sort information is spread all over the entire Forum.

Maybe Nikolas can think of the idea to store this sort of info (files of pictures and covers etc) in one particular part.

At those places where it originally was , (earlier put there in the context of a particular thread), define there the link that brings it at the screen when requested.

I got this idea since yesterday I was pointed by means of such a link to another place where similar information (the list of Gold & Platinum albums) once before was added.

post-2-1031989723.jpg

Geeske, You made it clear you had a VIEW problem but WHY.

The allowed size of attachments is 512kb. So this is what is reasonable..

When I scroll I see only pictures without any interruptions due to loading or whatever.

The actual size in cm's of the picture stretches the frame in which the post appears. But if the picture is very wide (width, not height), the lines of writing in the post, and all other posts on the that page, extend beyond the window and you need to scroll left-right to read them: this is what's annoying.

It's a matter of dimensions (afmetingen!) of the picture, it has nothing at all to do with the size of the file in kB.

And it's not just 'my' problem, most if not all browsers have it.

I checked it and you are right. However I had no idea about Cause and Consequence at this point. So you learned a new fact.

But it is Nikolas who can resize it for VIEW reasons only. I now realise that at some sites where covers can be taken from they do the same.

However I'll have a look into this to find out what I "Should have done".

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0