Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christo

Yanni

16 posts in this topic

:)

Has anyone ever pondered the idea what would it be like or what could have happened if the colloboration and joint effort of Yanni & Dalaras teamed up together to write a cd or perform live in a tour together?

We havent heard much from the great Yanni since his separation from actress Linda Evans. A pity though another talented artist long and forgotten from adoring fans.

He had a cd out not too long ago about a year ago or so, but alas wasn't one of his best selling hits as when he was more popular while dating Evans.

The biggest mistake I thought he made was when he toured Greece (Live at the Acropolis), he couldn't even feature any Bouzouki or Greek vocals in his program and should have at least put some in at the end of his concert. Instead he had these opera singers come out singing some classical piece and they weren't even sung in Greek.

He once said, "with my keyboards I'm not trying to take away the sounds of the original authentic instruments but only bring out these tones more to use then we have on stage with the actual players."

WIth that said, no synthetic or real bouzouki heard but when he toured in Austrailia, he didn't mind using an Aborigini to play an Authentic Digieradoo which is a drone like instrument and has a deep wierd tone to its sound.

Bahumberg

Yanni is, and quite justly so, the laughing stock of Sweden when it comes to "Greek" music. Please, let the only thing Dalaras doing together with Yanni be unpleasant things to Yanni with a digeridoo. :)

Take that sentence...

:disgust:

So nobody likes Yanni huh?

Interesting to say the least

yeah he doesnt sing but I don't think his music is all that notrocious.

It does possess a slight influnce on Greek Modes especially those rhythms in 7/8 time but not on every song of his.

and thats maybe because he's from KALAMATA?

and thats maybe because he's from KALAMATA?

Do you really think someone would not appreciate a musician for the only reason that he is from Kalamata? :)

No Francois

what I meant by that comment is becuase is he from Kalamata,

the songs closest to sounding more Greek then his others songs he wrote is becuase there composed in the 7/8 time mode.

And in Greece the 7/8 time signature comes from the Greek dance Kalamatiano Rhythmos.

Hence the term Kalamatianos Xoros from the region in Greece Kalamata.

Thanks for explaining Christo ! I should have understood, but I feel a bit tired at this time of the day :pity::blush: Αύριο θα έχω ξεκουραστεί :D

If it was so necessary (I don't think that it so necessary ...) for Dalaras to sing with an artist like Yannis (or someone of this kind) i would prefer Vangelis Papathanasiou, he is also a greek man that has a great career abroad and I think that his work is much more artistic and qualitative (ποιοτική) than the work of Yannis and also his relations with Greece are better .. They (Dalaras & Vangelis) could do something good together..

However, I prefer listening to Dalaras in other kinds of music .. I also think he has other priorities than singing with Yanni or Vangelis. :D:pity:

Yiannis Spathas knows Papathanasiou very well, as he worked with him for a long time in London. I don't know if GD or Vangelis have ever thought about a cooperation.

Good point Christos

I've never even considered Vangelis as a possible choice,

but don't you would at least think Vangelis music might be a bit too electronic to compose with GD?

He is classified here in the states as electronic.

Not new age like that of Yanni.

Now heres an after thought and maybe this might sound a bit funny to others in here as well,

How about a duet of Demis Roussos and GD?

I don't know what they would sing about but the possibilities are always going to be there

:razz:

How about a duet of Demis Roussos and GD?

That would be a nice idea!

I like Demis Roussos' voice, but what he sings makes me laugh, really...

They'd have to choose the song most carefully.

Yes, I think that Vangelis sound and music may be a bit electronic but ok.. I didnt really consider that when I mentioned him because I believe that Dalaras has already been tested in many different kinds of music so he can do something like that too. Anyway, I finally that Vangelis work is more inspired and diversiform (πολυποίκιλη) and generally more ψαγμένη (!!) while I think that Yannis work and music sometimes ends up to be repeated However, I dont know a lot about Demis Roussos voice and music/songs so I cant have an opinion here . :):razz:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0