Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maraki

Dalaras' Concert at theatre "Petras", 25/09/2002

43 posts in this topic

Every time I go to a Dalaras concert, I say that it was his best concert. But, this concert at theatre Petras- was a really good one!

A reason is that this was the last From Heart performance, so there was justifiably emotion. A second reason is the good chemistry between the singers and audience. They were in the mood for communication.

The top moment was when George sang Amor Amor. He rendered it u-n-i-q-u-e-l-y (in my opinion, better than he did at CD and the times I listened to him at Zygos).

Without doubt, Gerasimos, Melina, Anna and Areti sang touchingly, too. What a wonderful song is Thalasses!

What a wonderful concert!

:D

The top moment was when George sang Amor Amor. He rendered it u-n-i-q-u-e-l-y (in my opinion, better than he did at CD and the times I listened to him at Zygos).

You're right Maraki, also for me the way Dalaras did 'Amorrrrr' this evening was the best I've ever heard!

And he did it that way, means Amorrrrr! With the rolling rrrrrrrr!! Just great!!

With the rolling rrrrrrrr!! Just great!!

:D Anna,it wasn't only the rolling rrrrrrrr, but also how he was expressing himself through the guitar!

:D

You're right, just great!

:music::music::D:)

Μαρακι, you mean "TIs makrines tis thalasses" of course?

Megali Bougatsa, nor did I and I am not crying, we can have a little "private" concert at home!!!! And, if you will, with many perfect songs of S. Koujoumtzis!!!

For now something other, this great day not in the proper rubric "Dedicated": "Min klais, paraponiariko mou..." :D

Olga, I mean

"Πάω να πω στις θάλασσες,

για όλα αυτά που χάλασες"

(Music:G. Andreatos,

Lyrics:St. Mesimeris)

It is included in "From Heart" CD (CD1-No 9). :D

:D:D:)

Och, Maraki, I was so convinced you mean Tis makrines.... From the album "Tragoudistis", Sotias Tsotos an author and wiritten so, as if it were a song of Stavros Koujoumtzis!!!!! This, I think, the best composer of Greek songs, even if we count Giannis Spanos and Papadopoulos and Mano Loizo and Apostolo Kaldara and.....

Last but not least it was Stavros Koujoumtzis< "pou ekane Dalara";

who is singing now in my radio, "Ach, s'agapo, irtha konta sou..." in one of the older rembetiko songs.

So, do you know "Tis makrines tis thalasses"? A must. :D:D:D:):music::music:

Yes, Olga! I agree with you. Kougioumtzis is one of the great Greek composers. Right now Im listening to Natane to 21 of his! Stis gitonias to kapilio ta piname antama, its one of my favourites.

But, I confess, you caught me unprepared!!! I dont remember to have heard Tis makrines tis thalasses. I remember from Tragoudistis, the Ego tha sou milo and Tragoudistis (music by Nikolopoulos, if Im not wrong).

:D:D:):D:music::music:

''Tis makrines tis thalases min sylogiesai.....''

Ago 2-3 years became a tribute to Christos Nikolopoulos in Irodio.Arvanitaki,Bassis,Makedonas and 1-2 singers who I don't remember -I think Melina Kana and Michalis Dimitriadis- sung the best song-are so much-of Nikolopoulos.The song ''Tis makrines tis thalases'' heared from Dimitris Bassis-I think. It's a mini surprise because this song is not so famous or hit.

Some more about this concert/ CD

The concert was held in Ηρώδειο in Athens in Spetember of 1999.

The artists who took part in: Arvanitaki, Makedonas, Mpasis and the ERT Orchestra of Classic Music. (a similar concert was held in Athens Megaron in the winter period 1999-2000, with Mpasis, Makedonas and Tsaligopoulou)

The concert was released in double-cd and the song ("Tis Makrines Tis Thalasses") is included in this CD as sang by Kostas Makedonas (an interesting interpretetion, I' m going to upload it in a website soon). :)

The Tracklist:

CD1:

1. Ouverture

2. Europaikes Paliokoinonies (Makedonas)

3. Ekanes to lathos (Makedonas)

4. Tis makrines tis 9alasses :rolleyes: (Makedonas)

5. To podilato (Makedonas)

6. Bima Bima (Arvanitaki)

7. Zileia mou (Arvanitaki)

8. Griza (Arvanitaki)

9. Tora meno monos mou (Mpasis)

10. Psithiri kardias (Mpasis)

11. Ksenos gia senane ki ex9ros :lol:

12. Etsi s'agapisa (Makedonas)

13. Katse kala (Makedonas)

CD2:

1. Me to stoma gemato fylia (Mpasis)

2. Kato ap'to poukamiso mou (Mpasis)

3. To agriolouloudo (Makedonas)

4. To'pes :lol: (Mpasis)

5. Me barka tin Ellada :music: (Mpasis)

6. Nyxterides kai araxnes (Arvanitaki)

7. Ston aggelon ta mpouzoukia (Arvanitaki)(Mpasis)

8. Tis kalynixtas ta fylia (Arvanitaki)

9. Ta oraia tou Tsitsani

Mpasis also had sang "Yparho" but it is not included in the CD.

:) Back to the topic: Dalaras' concert at theatre 'Petras'.

It was the last concert of the 'από καρδιάς' group, so here are the last photos.

The poster, difficult to take a photo,

post-3-1033761044.jpg

we have to wait and see what the future will bring! At least we have the famous CD's of the 'από καρδιάς' group!!

Thank you to all of you!!!

Anna, thanks a million.

and remember the old song:

We'll meet again

don't know where

don't know when...

...some day, under the rainbow...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0