Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christo

Old or New?

31 posts in this topic

There are these two-three songs I can not imagine sung by anybody else, at all: Mi moy thimoneis Kapion allon Poy einai ta xronia. Even if the last one IS already a Grigoris Bifikotzis song.

(Tell me, by the way, was Giorgos Dalaras the first or the only one to sing Vasanaki, vasanaki?)

Olgitsa, it could be a joke, but from the three songs you mention, the two were not recorded by Dalaras in first place.

As you said, Pou 'nai ta xronia was a Bithikotsis song, but it didn't become a hit and as Kougioumtzis believed on it, he gave it to young Dalaras and became a great hit.

The same applies to the song Mh mou thymwneis. It was first sung by Giannis Poulopoulos, a very good singer, but that version is really dissappointing in all aspects. Then Dalaras gave the appropriate quality and reputation to this diamond...

NIkola, it doesn't sound like a joke; let's say NOBODY AFTER GIORGOS DALARAS. thanks for the infos.

Even if it sounds like a joke, I know only the name of Giannis Poulopoulos, I know only his name, not a single recording. But, if you give me a song title or two, I'll try to find that among the older namelesss singers in my recordings.

I prefer the "old" Greek songs of GD, but I also like more recent ones, of course...

There's one thing I hold for certain: If Dalaras only sang other than good Greek or oriental songs (like Bregovic's e.g.), I wouldn't listen to him. That's what I feel.

:music::music::music:

Fortunately he's a pefect GREEK singer above all...

I repeat my question: was he the first one to sing "Vasanaki, vasanaki" of St. K.?

Fortunately he's a pefect GREEK singer above all...
Fortunately, as you say... :music::music:
I repeat my question: was he the first one to sing "Vasanaki, vasanaki" of St. K.?
I don't know, Olga... :music::music:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0