Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aldebaran

Remembering the first song of Dalaras you listened

34 posts in this topic

Dear Christo:

Just look how many people got incited by your message to post their own memories.

We'll get them translated some time later.

Cheer up :D

Yes Vitaly

I do indeed

:rolleyes:

so with the request of Apostolis the previous topic recently opened by me will be closed and I repost my First Memory Songs here now

Hello members

I thought I'd go back a little and rekindle a time and topic that was once discussed before.

Although this topic has kind of been open once before, not many members (especially from those of our new greek members) have added too it since then, and I thought maybe I could give it an update and with it a fresh new start once again.

For me I can recall everything where I was, how old I was, and with what song of how I was first introduced to the singing voice from that of George Dalaras and that I would like to share with you now again.

And after hearing how Diane got hooked into Dalaras from that one song I too wanted to share that with you all and perhaps all the other members can add too what song they were introduced from.

I was about the age of 13 at the time still a kid

and playing video games at that time like all kids are of that age

My parents had to go a concert at that time in the spring and it was Greek concert no doubt, and later told me how Extraordinary the show was and an unbeliveable performer they saw.

My father eventually got ahold of a video recording a few weeks later from the ' Orfeas Concert ' which as you know is the release from Dalaras albums called " Ta Tragoudia Mou "

He played me one of 2 songs (that I can't remember which) but was either: " Thelo Na Ta Po " or ' Anastenazo '

Unbelievable how he told me what he's going to with this song and how he will sing it with those High Notes. He raved how good it was

and I was to tell you the truth very impressed myself.

Keep in mind, as an adolescent and not really exposed much to Greek music from back then, it was overwhelming and definetaly impressive at that.

From there on you can say the rest is History but now quite yet.

You see there were but a few more highlights along the way before I too became a dedicated fanatic fan.

First I had to watch the video several times and get to know Dalaras songs and repoitore. I started then to get the next recordings of his when I visited in Greece the following year but unfortunately missed his performance Live but saw him sing on TV.

When hearing his recordings, I don't know, I cant quite explain it for there was something different I couldn't quite pinpoint as to what it is or how it was coming across to the end user; but not every album or song sounded like his last one from Orfeas Concert. Somethine was out of text. Sometimes his voice would sound Higher Pitch and other times there was no Vibrato in voice. It almost was as if that wasn't quite him or somethine was wrong with the recording or how it was it recorded. Again Hard to tell.

When hearing his older songs from the Best Hits album in the 70s, I didn't like it and took it back as his voice sounded in higher pitch more nasally then anything. And some of the 80's records were not much different. I only like that deep smooth vibrato voice he had sung in from

" Ta Tragoudia mou "

It wasn't until about after ' Latin ' came out

and then ' Mh Milas Kindinevi Ellas ' that I too started coming around again more heavily then before. Keep in mind I had not seen my idol sing yet and not until at least 4-5 years later after that.

Once I started making friends in College with fellow Greek peers, they gave me some of Dalaras videos to watch the more current ones from 'Katrakion' , 'Cyprus' , 'Attikon' etc., By then I was far more hooked.

And by the time 1993 came around and finally got to see him Live for the very 1st time after being introduced from him with "Thelo Na Ta Po & Anastenazo" 10 years prior before, well the wait was long overdue but defnately far more WORTH IT...

His voice was like sharp has a knife cutting through glass perhaps

how powerful it was and yet so soft and smooth each time too.

It felt like being on a roller coaster and getting sheer goosebumps

from Paraponemena Logia, Mh Milas, Xenos

and Una Moneda Le, and the list goes on

It was one of the best times I loved Dalaras so much and couldnt get enough from him and wanted nothing but more of it. At this point, I was more then a fan, I would be a lifelong dedicated fan.

From there, I started acquiring all of the cds he has released

and would take a lifetime to find and buy them. But eventually, It got done.

But I wasn't going to wait another 10 yrs or more before he would come back to Michigan. So when it was announced he would be singing for Cyprus in Chicago, you know I was gong to be one of the first ones there to see him again. And not only did I go, But that Highlight got for me the very 1st time to meet him.

However, for every amount of good has to have an equal amount of bad as they Chinese say. So The only bad thing for me was that my camera flash didn't work. Damn batteries were dead an unexpected result not anticipating that problem in advance

So imagine that I had to then wait for his Next North American Tour 2 yrs later before could I fix that problem and fix sure enough I did!!!!.

So there you have it the rest history they say.

And now another 10 yrs later still a devoted fan,

Dalaras voice changed now affter the last 10 years not quite as strong as once was , he's not singing much from his older repoitoire as before. Am a still a fan then, yes of course I am!!

but apart of me does miss the Old Dalaras very very much

Alas, sadly though, I never did get to hear Dalaras sing "Thelo Na Ta Po & Anastenazo Live" Not sure If i ever will now and if I do by some sheer coincidence, I doubt it will be the same like it was from back then.

P.S. please continue this thread for all members to read and Post but do keep it going in English please as it started in English

thank you

Αυτό που έχω να καταθέσω εγώ στο συγκεκριμένο τόπικ και λίγο δυστυχώς βιαστικά,γιατί ο χρόνος με πιέζει είναι,ότι τα χέρια μου τρέμουν ακόμη,όταν μπαίνω στη συγκεκριμένη σελίδα,μήπως τυχόν και κάνω

κανένα λάθος...ακόμα. :)

Σχεδόν ένα χρόνο εδώ μέσα και νοιώθω σαν παιδάκι που πάει για πρώτη του φορά σχολείο.

Θυμάμαι "ΤΟ ΠΟΥΚΑΜΙΣΣΟ ΤΟ ΘΑΛΑΣΣΙ".

Σ'ενα παλιό κασετόφωνο ,η κασέττα να παίζει και το αυτί μου κολημμένο

γιατί φυσικά ο ήχος δεν ήταν όσο δυνατός θα ήθελα...

Αυτό είναι το πρώτο κομμάτι του θείου που θυμάμαι και έχει ξεχωριστή θέση στην καρδιά μου.

Και ακόμη το χέρι μου τρέμει... :D

Μου ξανάρχονται ένα ένα...

... Σα σύννεφο απ' τον καιρό...

...Τα πρώτα λόγια...

Τι να θυμηθώ τι να ξεχάσω...

... Που 'ναι τα χρόνια, ωραία χρόνια...

well I have a big problem.... I can't answer this topic because I was listening to dalaras songs from the time I was so young that I could speak yet... So it's impossible to say which is the first song

Τι πάθος βυθίζει σε πέλαγα το νου,

βραδιάζει κι αλλάζει το χρώμα του ουρανού...

’λλο θρυλικό κομμάτι. Και εκείνη την εποχή μάλιστα δεν άκουγα καθόλου ελληνική μουσική πλην αυτού του κομματιού, χεχε...

Το πρώτο τραγούδι του Νταλάρα που άκουσα δεν το θυμάμαι φυσικά γιατί ήταν λίγες μέρες μετά τη γέννησή μου.Το 1984 που γεννήθηκα κυκλοφόρησε ο δίσκος Καλημέρα κυρία Λύδια του οποίου την ύπαρξη ανακάλυψα αρκετά χρόνια αργότερα, γύρω στα 9 μου έτη.Οι πρώτες μου μνήμες είναι στη ηλικία των 2,5 χρόνων όταν,1987 πια, κυκλοφόρησαν οι Ζωντανές ηχογραφήσεις. Θυμάμαι σαν όνειρονα τραγουδάω τα τραγούδια και να θέλω όταν μεγαλώσω "να παντρευτώ τον Νταλάρα....".Στην ηλικία των 5 κυκλοφόρησε ο δίσος Μη μιλάς μη γελάς κινδυνεύει η Ελλάς και μάθαινα στους συμμαθητές μου στο νηπιαγωγείο όλα τα τραγουδια!Και κάπως έτσι συνεχίστηκε όλη η ζωή μου μέχρι σήμερα, με δίσκους του Νταλάρα.

Στο σπίτι είχαμε και έχουμε πάντα μουσική.Ο μπαμπάς τρελαμένος με Νταλάρα και Αλεξίου κυρίως, που τους πλαισίωναν όμως ο μέγας Καζαντζίδης, Ο Διονυσίου, Ο Πάριος, η Γαλάνη, η Βιτάλη, η Γλυκερία δεν τους άγγιζε όμως κανείς...Ούτε καν τους πλησίαζε....

Σαν παιδί κι εγώ είχα τα παραστρατήματά μου....Θυμάμαι στα 10 μου να διαφωνώ με τον μπαμπά μου γιατί δεν ήθελε να αγοράσει το δίσκο του Μπίγαλη Αχ μελισσούλα (10 ετών ήμουν μη με παρεξηγείτε) και να προσπαθεί να μου δώσει να καταλάβω γιατί ντρεπόταν να μπει στο δισκοπωλείο και να τον αγοράσει!(Αχ! μπαμπά μου πόσο σε αγαπώ για όσα με έχεις μάθει....).Κι έτσι εγώ μεγάλωνα μαζί με το Νταλάρα, αγαπώντας το Νταλάρα, ψάχνοντας ότι παλιότερο είχε κάνει, γνωρίζοντάς τον όλο και καλύτερα.

Μέχρι το 1996 μόνο βινύλιο έμπαινε στο σπίτι.Εκείνη τη χρονιά αναγκαζομαστε να πάρουμε cd-player γιατί κυκλοφορεί η Ιερά Οδός και είναι ο πρώτος δίσκος του Νταλάρα που δεν κυκλοφορεί και σε βινύλιο.Ένα χρόνο μετά, στα 13 μου, αγόρασα το μουσικό κουτί με τα χρήματα που είχα μαζέψει από τη γιορτή μου!Υστερία η μαμά!!!!!

Γεννήθηκα και μεγάλωσα στη λάρισα οπότε οι ευκαιρίες να τον δω από κοντά ήταν ελάχιστες αν σκεφτεί κανείς ότι έχει να έρθει στην πόλη μου 17 χρόνια και τότε ήμουν πολύ μικρή για να με παρουν σε συναυλία..Η οικονομική μας κατάτσαση αργότερα δε μας επέτρεπε να παμε και τα 4 μέλη της οικογένεας στην Ιερά οδό και αν επρεπε κάποιος να μην πάει ποιος θα ήταν αυτός?Οπότε δεν πήγαινε κανείς μας.Μέχρι που ο αδερφός μου εμεινε στην Αθήνα και πήγε την τελευταία χροονιά στην Ιερά οδό αλλά εγώ έδινα πανελλήνιες και δε μπορούσα να πάω και στο Ζυγό την επόμενη χρονιά. Εκείνο τ βράδυ στο Ζυγό ήμουν 810 χιλιόμετρα μακρια και πιο συγκεκριμένα στην Αλεξαδρούπολη αλλα ήταν σαν να ήμουνκι εγώ εκει αφού ακουγα το πρόγραμμα απο το τηλέφωνο!!!Τελικά η πρώτη μας συνάντηση(και ευτυχώς όχι η τελευταία ήταν στο Αθηνών αρένα και μάλιστα το βράδυ τς Πρωτοχρονιάς.Και επειδή μπήκε καλά ο χρόνος τον είδα και το καλοκαίρι στον Οιδίποδα τύρρανο!

Αύριο θα είμαι στο Παλλάς.Τρέμω ήδη.Για μένα είναι κάτι παραπάνω από αγαπημένος τραγουδιστής.Είναι κάποιος που με μεγάλωσε, με δίδαξε κιας μη με γνωρίζει.Είναι ο άντρας των παιδικών μου ονείρων, ίσως και των εφηβικών.Να είναι πάντα καλά και να με κάνει να κλαίω, κανείς άλλος δεν το κάνει τόσο ομορφα...

Η τελευταια σου παραγραφος μου εφερε δακρυα Χριστινακι :music: Ειδικα αυτο το''ειναι καποιος που με μεγαλωσε'' :music:

Αυτο,σε συνδυασμο με τον τιτλο των παραστασεων στο ΠΑΛΛΑΣ μου τα θυμιζουν...ολα απο την αρχη.... :rolleyes: απο τα πρωτα τραγουδια που ακουσα(''Να'τανε το 21 και ''Ο ουρανος φευγει βαρυς'') μεχρι την τελευταια συναυλια...μια ζωη δηλαδη... :music:

Και τωρα,με συγχωρειτε,παω να κλαψω.... :blush:

υγ.δεν χρειαζεται να τρεμεις...βεβαια,θα συναντησεις κι εμας(τους...σεσημασμενους :razz: )οποτε σε καταλαβαινω :D:D

Oλα τα τραγούδια της "Μικράς Ασίας". Από τότε ........κόλλησα!!!

Και είναι βρε παιδιά, πολύ καλή αυτή η κόλλα :D δεν ξεκολλάει με ΤΙΠΟΤΕ!!! :lol: ΚΑΙ Μ' ΑΡΕΣΕΙ ΑΥΤΟ :D !!!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0