Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
christos-regnis

MIA VRADIA STO LEVERKOUZEN

16 posts in this topic

As I remember there was a discussion some weeks before about this song (Μια Βραδυα Στο Λεβερκούζεν) and what Xydous wants to say there......

Eleftherotypia of Sunday has an article (in the magazine "E" about the city of Anna: Leverkouzen :D:D, About its football team, about its industry, about Bayer and among the others there is a mini interview of Manos Ksydous of Pyx-Lax where he says how he wrote this song..

However, the article is not online in www.enet.gr .. :(:( so if you are interested.. buy the newspaper or else I am going to transfer the story here the next days..

:D I'm very interested!!!

I'm this interested, I'm going to Colonia tomorrow!! Maybe I have the chance to get the newspaper!! Should be possible, as you have National Day today and the services didn't work! :D

Seems it's not our day today!

Agnie didn't get the CD and I didn't get the newspaper! There were no Greek newspapers at all and I don't think they will bring tomorrow the old one from Sunday! :D

I had to answer about this issue in another topic.. :music::) Here is my answer (copied)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... I lost the magazine....(very usual for me..) .. Somebody in my house must have thrown it out without asking me first.. I'm sorry..

So I can't copy the story here but fortunately I remember something:

"Xydous was in Germany in Leverkouzen .. somewhere out of the railway station.. just arrived there. He was waiting for a taxi and finally when he found one.. he had to share the taxi with another man who waited for a taxi for a long time too.. During the way to their destination, Xydous discovered that the other man next to him was a Greek man!! They had a little conversation and when he finally arrived to his destination (the other.. not Xydous) he found he hadn't money (or his wallet was stolen.. I don't remember..) to pay the taxi driver.. Xydous was willing to help him and finally offered him the necessary Deutch Marks.. The Greek Man said: "Geia Sou Magka S' Agapo!!" ..."

Αυτά λοιπόν συνέβησαν (ή περίπου αυτά) μια βραδυά στο Λεβερκούζεν λίγο έξω απ' το σταθμό.. Η ιστορία έχει να κάνει με λίγα λόγια με έναν Έλληνα συμπατριώτη και ένα TAXI. Αν κάποιος έχει κρατήσει το "Ε" της προηγούμενης Κυριακής, ας βοηθήσει..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, a man!!!! Gee, who could have even imagined it? There goes my girl of 9 to 99 years old! :D

Bravo!!!

:) And know I understand Dalaras' smiling while singing this song!!

Just one question is left. What the hell did Xydous want to do in Leverkusen?

MI-CKI!!!!!! you are too far to help me now to stop laugh!!!

Or he wanted to see Panathinaikos Athinai playing with Bayern Leverkusen? BUt, did they ever play together here?

Hello friends, here is the original post from Epsilon Magazine:

Xydous says:

" Ήθελα να πάω από το Ντίσελντορφ στην Κολονία και είχα κανονίσει να πάρω ταξί. Με πλησίασε λοιπόν ένας τυπάκος που ήταν Έλληνας και μου είπε αν μπορεί να έρθει μαζί μέχρι το Λεβερκούζεν, που ήταν στη μέση της διαδρομής και να μοιραστεί μαζί μου τα έξοδα. Όταν φτάσαμε κατέβηκε και μου πρότεινε τα χρήματα. Εγώ δεν τα δεχόμουν... Έτσι κι αλλιώς, είχα υπολογίσει το έξοδο της διαδρομής και για ποιό λόγο λοιπόν να του έπαιρνα λεφτά... Αυτός ήταν έκπληκτος που δεν τα δέχτηκα και με ευχαρίστησε θερμά. Είχε ένα βλέμμα που ποτέ δεν θα το ξεχάσω. Αυτό το βλέμμα έλεγε "γειά σου μάγκα σ' αγαπώ" και γι' αυτό θα μείνει για πάντα ζωντανό στη μνήμη μου."

Thanks Guitarist.. Φαίνεται τελικά πως είχα ξεχάσει κάποια πράγματα.. αλλά σε γενικές γραμμές την θυμόμουν.. :D:)

Free translation :)

"I wanted to go from Duesseldorf to Cologne and I had arranged to take a taxi. A man, who was Greek, approached me and asked me if he could come along till Leverkusen which was halfway the distance and to share the expenses with me. When we arrived, he got out and presented me the money. I didnt accept it So I worked out the expenses of the distance and for which reason should I take money from him He was astonished that I didnt accept it and thanked me warmly (?). He had a glance that I will never forget. That glance said : γειά σου μάγκα σ' αγαπώ and therefore I will always remember him lively."

Micki

Just one question is left. What the hell did Xydous want to do in Leverkusen?

I think that Xydous had lived for a long time in Germany in the past.. So, he usually travels there possibly to see his friends or relatives, etc.. or even for a concert.. .. :D

Anna, you may be lucky enough to run into him one day in Leverkouzen.. (ok .. it is not possibly one of your greatest dreams!!.. but he is a friend of Dalaras... so it worths! :D ) :)

MI-CKI!!!!!! you are too far to help me now to stop laugh!!!

Or he wanted to see Panathinaikos Athinai playing with Bayern Leverkusen? BUt, did they ever play together here?

I am sure they did play there some years ago and Panathinaikos won 2-1. As for the song...now that you know Anna, maybe you could tell Dalaras next time about it :rolleyes:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0