Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vasos

Bouzouki

7 posts in this topic

Bouzouki.The classic greek ogan and the most adorable in my opinion.Vamvakaris gave it its glory,Xiotis changed its view,Tsitsanis and Theodorakis made it famous in the rest world.

Many people argue whether Manolis Xiotis did well when he added the 4th string to 3-string bouzouki and gave the instrument its final view.I believe that he didn't do well,because he made constructors not only to work more but also to make lower-quality instruments.3-string bouzouki is "stronger" than 4-string.Also it is well known that bouzouki is a 3-string instrument such as baglamas and tzouras.The 4-string is a guitar-bouzouki.

Anyway,I know who to play bouzouki and its similar instruments(baglama,tzouras) and I would like to make a conversation in this forum about bouzouki.I believe it deserves it....

hi

nice topic

i like bouzouki very much

about what Chiotis did...i don't think that the Major like what he did-adding the 4th string...as u can see in the next Site:

:razz:

http://dechiotification.rebetiko.org/

:)

Chiotis was a great bouzouki player...i like him!i also like the "old" bouzouki...

well it's very intresting and "unsolved" problem-if adding this string amke something Good or Bad to the Greek Music..

Good day..!

:lol: :razz::) .............. :blush:

I was thinking about posting the link, Fadi.... :blush: (I posted it in another topic some time ago, anyway...)

May I remind everyone that early rebetika songs were not played with the bouzouki...

I'll also add that the greatest rebetes and rebetisses played and sang rebetika with tetrachorda bouzoukia. Personally I like both, trichorda and tetrachordo. I have a tetrachordo, and I sometimes tune it like a trichordo.

I once posted a very nice photo of a bouzouki player from an Arab country to show that the bouzouki is not only used in Greece, and not only for Greek music.

I sometimes use mine to play Jacques Brel's songs with my brother!!!!!!! :blush:

HOW TO JOIN US ?

Free Life membership

send a splinter of a CD by Chiotis or a wreckage of tetrachordo bouzouki,

or even a photograph of those items certified by authorities.

:lol: :):razz::blush::blush::rolleyes::blush:

Ι think that the views of the site you suggested Fadi and Francois are not serious but fanatic.They say many true things but I wasn't mean to harm tetrahordo.However I think that tetrahordo is more suitable with symfonic orchestras.

As far the electrism is concerned I believe that bouzouki sound is killed when bouzouki is plugged in....!

[...] However I think that tetrahordo is more suitable with symfonic orchestras.

[...] I believe that bouzouki sound is killed when bouzouki is plugged in....!

Personally, I don't like it when the bouzouki is associated with a symphonic orchestra, for many reasons which I have no time to explain now.

As for plugged in bouzoukia, Let us all listen to the Bithikotsis/Chiotis version of "Epitafios" again and admire the amazing creativity of Manolis Chiotis!!! :) One of the records I can't get fed up with.... :)

I once posted a very nice photo of a bouzouki player from an Arab country to show that the bouzouki is not only used in Greece, and not only for Greek music.

Let me post the photo again! :razz:

post-15-1067717050.jpg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0