Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Micki

Ο σκλάβος

3 posts in this topic

A song that I heard for the first time only a few months ago. And it was and still is beautiful.

I tried to understand it, to translate it. And I didnt get it right.

Soc helped me (in fact it is his translation). Thank you. It's making more sense now, to me at least, the modern slave.

Micki

Ο ΣΚΛΑΒΟΣ // THE SLAVE

Μουσική: Γιάννης Μαρκόπουλος // Music: Giannis Markopoulos

Στίχοι: Μελέτης Κυριακού // Lyrics: Meletis Kiriakou

Ήταν κάποτε παλιά ένας αφέντης με φλουριά // Once there was a lord with golden coins

που 'χε σκλάβο με μυαλό μα δεν του βγήκε σε καλό // who had a slave, with brains but that didn't turn out to be good for him

είχε ξεσηκώσει κι άλλους αχ τι μπελάς για τους μεγάλους // he has risen up also others, ach what a trouble to the big ones

ο αφέντης απειλούσε και ο σκλάβος τ' απαντούσε // the lord threatened and the slave answered.

Κι αν δεμένο και δαρμένο διατάξεις να με φέρουν // And even tied up and bitten you order them to bring me

κι απ' τα βάσανα πεθάνω τι θα χάσεις σκέψου // and from the torture I die think what you are going to lose

πρώτα πρώτα μια για πάντα ένας άνθρωπος θα λείψει // first of all and forever, a man will be missed

κι όσα τώρα μου φορτώνεις όλα εσύ θα φορτωθείς // and you will be accused of everything you are accusing me of

τι θα χάσεις σκέψου // think what you are going to lose

Κι όχι κέρδος πως θα βγάλεις με την πράξη σου αυτή // And not that you will gain anything with your act

μια και μυστικό κανένα από μένα δε θα μάθεις // since no secret you will learn from me

τι θα χάσεις σκέψου // think what you are going to lose

Καλοσκέφτηκε ο αφέντης κάτσε του λέει να τα πούμε // The lord thought it over, sit, let's talk, he said

τι να πούμε λέει ο σκλάβος τίποτα τώρα δεν ακούμε // what is there to talk about, the slave says, now we hear nothing

τη σκλαβιά μου λύνοντας καλόπιασέ με, το κοινό συμφέρον δες // Try to be nice to me by freeing me, you are just interested in your business

το χρυσάφι σου χαρίζω προτιμώ τη λευτεριά // I leave the gold to you, I prefer my freedom

Στο κάτω κάτω της γραφής γιατί να είμαι σκλάβος // After all, why should I be a slave

τα παιχνίδια των θεών να τα πληρώνω εγώ // why should I pay for gods' games

στο κάτω κάτω της γραφής γιατί να είμαι σκλάβος // after all why should I be a slave

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0